The Purge

JDW

Before the event.. I fully expected this house to bomb. After I have attended the event I will admit I was wrong! I felt the house was pretty intense and people would pop out from the most random places.. in fact one came popping out of a place that I don't believe was intended for a boohole and ran straight into me full force.. (I think I was closer than expected).....Great house! I didn't see the scream similarities though.

• Like 1

Loud, intense, but not that good.

(which pretty much describes the fan favorite Havoc house... im starting to wonder if that house was not as good as it is said to be
(oddly enough the sets in Purge are still better than what Havoc had lol

Before the event.. I fully expected this house to bomb. After I have attended the event I will admit I was wrong! I felt the house was pretty intense and people would pop out from the most random places.. in fact one came popping out of a place that I don't believe was intended for a boohole and ran straight into me full force.. (I think I was closer than expected).....Great house! I didn't see the scream similarities though.

This house has given me some of the strongest scares so far. Two times I did jump, I almost never jump but two actors made me jump. They are making the best out of this tricky situation. bad sets and all but, yeah they definitely have the "Purge" personality. you do feel attacked. 

I was talking about wanting to see the plant in this house before we went in and lucky enough, we got the plant. Unfortunately, I think this house is not one I'll be going through too often, since it does give me a headache with the loud noises and strobes. We went through close to 7pm and the announcer was not out yet. We asked some ops and they said he usually is there when it's dark outside.

I was talking about wanting to see the plant in this house before we went in and lucky enough, we got the plant. Unfortunately, I think this house is not one I'll be going through too often, since it does give me a headache with the loud noises and strobes. We went through close to 7pm and the announcer was not out yet. We asked some ops and they said he usually is there when it's dark outside.

Had the plant right behind our small group of 3 last night.  It's pretty cool.

It's better when scareactors yank plants (typically friends or other scareactors) in random houses. We did it in Catacombs every so often, and I've prepped it in other houses. It's more startling and unique.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

Right before I walkedinto that room, I saw the plant walking toward the line to get in, I think she ended up behind me because I think I had to look back to see the scare, I totally thought she was just a guest, I was like oh shit that's cool and why can't Hollywood do shit like this

All the Havoc's are not good. At all.

2010's was a lot of fun but overrated. 2013's was bad, and their room in M&M is bad. It's like The Forsaken; a fan favorite house that I just do not understand the hype surrounding it.

This house is fun. I've done it 7 times so far; it's fairly intense with the right cast (Cast B was ON IT yesterday).

• Like 1

Absolutely agreed. I think it was horrendous.

I wouldn't go THAT far. lol I liked the house, and scenically I thought it was incredible, but it was fairly low on scares. When the house is part of a year that includes Winter's Night, Nightingales, Nevermore, HR, Saws and In Between, it's hard for it to be the best of the year. 

• Like 1

Been through this house 3 times, was very disappointed my first run through, but it has gotten a crap ton better since then. I agree that the Scream elements are hard not to notice, and definitely detract from the house. That said, my last run through I jumped HARD right into a corner of a wall and banged my shoulder real good. Never had that happen before, so that was cool. Also got to see the plant, I thought they had just added a kill scene in that area... Guess I was wrong. I'll definitely go thru this one several more times because I love The Purge, and the house feels like you are traveling through one night of The Purge. Can't help but wonder how amazing a Purge house that was thought out, designed, and planned to be a Purge house would have been. That said, what we get here is satisfactory imo 

I wouldn't go THAT far. lol I liked the house, and scenically I thought it was incredible, but it was fairly low on scares. When the house is part of a year that includes Winter's Night, Nightingales, Nevermore, HR, Saws and In Between, it's hard for it to be the best of the year. 

Havoc wasn't at HHN 21 it was at 20

This is a comment regarding the Purge as a concept, which I thought was pretty original...until now.

Just finished watching Alfred Hitchock's Rope.  The philosophy of the elite being allowed to kill during a specified amount of time and the resulting benefits to society is a major focus of the film.  Makes this franchise even lamer IMO.

Purge was the best house I went in for scares. Oddly enough outside of HNN I hear a lot of positive feedback from this house. Apparently TWD also gets positive feedback so I'll just take that with a grain of salt.

This house was on point with the scares. I felt like everyone was targeting me and me only in the mist of my group. It was the first house I went through for the entire run and I was not disappointed to say the least. Though, the gun props are honestly what make it terrifying for me. 

The set was Eh, but they tried. To me it was still better than TWDs set which I hate with a passion for some reason.

• Like 1

This house is HUGE with the GP and usually gets just as packed as FvJ and Insidious. This honestly surprises me, and it's proving to be way more successful than Scream would've been imo. Most aren't looking for the whole package of a great house, just scares. And when the actors are on the ball, this house is very intense and will get people talking about it. When this comes back next year I won't be even slightly surprised, as we'll get a proper Purge house and it's insanely popular. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't find this house believable, personally (in a different way than a werewolf house isn't believable). This doesn't work as a house because you wouldn't be in a house with room after room of murdered people and a million purgers, completely unarmed, during the purge.

I could see getting caught in a street unarmed, though. This belongs in the streets. I'm glad that they were able to pick up the pieces and make the busted out inmates scarezone not suck by the end, but this house ... :( Just feels like "We spent two hours changing the Scream house and we are ... very very sorry."

• Mark M. changed the title to The Purge