The Purge

JDW

Actually pretty excited for this. I wanted a Purge house last year, so hey. Honestly, more excited for this than I would be for Scream. There's more characters, and based of the tweets, more unique scenes (Hunting Arena, NFAA Rebels). 

And let's be real, if they replaced it with an original, they would have probably have to have made an all new story, and characters, and concepts, and that would take too long, this late in the game.

• Like 2

To be honest, I was really excited for a Scream house (it was kind of my most anticipated house out of the IPs), but I'm open to a Purge house. Really curious to see how they transition it into a maze. Just hope we get some small a Scream Easter egg (you know, for all of those die hard fans that knew what was supposed to go down) ....or at least I hope I can recognize some of the sets that were supposed to be for Scream. 

• Like 1

To be honest, I was really excited for a Scream house (it was kind of my most anticipated house out of the IPs), but I'm open to a Purge house. Really curious to see how they transition it into a maze. Just hope we get some small a Scream Easter egg (you know, for all of those die hard fans that knew what was supposed to go down) ....or at least I hope I can recognize some of the sets that were supposed to be for Scream. 

I hope they sneak whatever Ghostface mask they were going to use into the maze.

• Like 2

Meh hated the movies. The Scarezone was just recycling past event's masks (instant scarezone! old masks?... just add weapons!), and this actually makes me want to go less than scream.

They'll use an old scarezone, save money and advertise it as if it was meant all along as part of 25th anniversary. Yay for Universal?

• Like 1

I better see a Purger crushing someone's head with a garage door. 

Since this is a last-minute change, I wonder how much familiarity with Scream will be in the house. I'm interested in knowing which scenes were going to be in Scream that Purge replaced (I.e. the Hunting ground).

• Like 6

Posting a video for the maze now makes it kind of obvious this was a last minute replacement doesn't it? Regardless, this has a lot more potential than Scream IMO so I can't wait to see how it turns out. 

Couldn't agree more with it being a couple days late. However, hopefully it shouldn't be too too difficult to transition since they still have a bunch of Purge costumes, sets, etc. left over from last year. If we were talking original Scream, there'd be a lot more disappointment on this thread.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more with it being a couple days late. However, hopefully it shouldn't be too too difficult to transition since they still have a bunch of Purge costumes, sets, etc. left over from last year. If we were talking original Scream, there'd be a lot more disappointment on this thread.

Yeah, I could understand the disappointment but even if the maze was originally supposed to be based off of the movie and not the TV show, I feel like it would feel too similar to Halloween, just less scary. Regardless, the creative freedom the team has with Purge should make this last minute replacement not too hard to do with the time given. It'll be interesting to see the final product. 

• Like 1

Hahahahahaha. This made me laugh! Looking good though! Ready to get your purge on! 

Glad to see the Spirit Halloween stores are open again

Haha. Thanks! I bought the mask last year and some friends and I did a Purge PSA for video production class. Needless to say, ours stood out from the rest of the videos. 

Edited by AdmiralTyler

• Mark M. changed the title to The Purge
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic