American Werewolf In London

JDW

578550588_02_AmericanWerewolfinLondon.thumb.jpg.c2e193402a142afd5b28269058443166.jpg

One of the fan-favorites from years past is making a triumphant return—the retelling of the classic 1981 John Landis horror film, An American Werewolf in London.

You’ll find yourself back on the English moors as you fend off attacks and witness the bone-crunching transformations. The best part? The wolf pack has expanded, and they’re going to be even more ferocious with a whole new look.

2013's #1 maze is back An American Werewolf in London. Now we've never brought a maze back identically before. But this one deserves it!

You all are gonna relive this one scene for scene.. But there are a couple of new surprises.

John Landis was happy to have us do this again and we are thrilled to have it back!

Ya know what was cool about this house 2 years ago? It was an IP, sure, and I know as well as anyone that most people on here hate IPs, but this one was different. It's an awesome modern horror film with amazing special effects, and plenty of memorable scenes, so it would make sense to make it a house in 2013. And it rocked, from the sets to the puppets, everything was cool, and it was worth the best house of the year that year. I'm not mad that it's returning, I'm upset because it's pretty much a waste of a 9th house. If a 9th house NEEDED to be put in for this year, why make it an exact copy with "a few more surprises"? Like I said, it isn't cause it's an IP (I'd be just as upset if they were bringing something like Gothic back exactly the way it was), but in my opinion, they should've just kept it to 8 houses.

• Like 2

2013's #1 maze is back An American Werewolf in London. Now we've never brought a maze back identically before. But this one deserves it

You all are gonna relive this one scene for scene..

For anyone who bashes other haunts for doing this... you can no longer do that

• Like 4

Bitch moan and bitch.  If they only had 8 houses, you'd bitch that it's the 25th anniversary, and they should have more.  So, they have more, and you bitch because it's not what you want.  If nothing else, a 9th house may help ease some of the congestion in the lines for other houses.

I got smacked down because of my vocal hatred of TWD, and I gave up.  I realize it's pointless to complain because it is what it is.  This, however, THIS is awesome.  It was one of the best houses they have ever done, so to put it back out there in an anniversary year is not so crazy.   Plus, there are plenty of people who never got to see it, and there are those of us who loved the house so much, we are thrilled at another chance at it.  I am not ashamed to admit, I actually had a few tears at the end of the season 2013 because I was sure I'd never get a chance to see this house again since Orlando doesn't usually repeat.  The Halloween gods heard my cries, and life is awesome.

• Like 15

For anyone who bashes other haunts for doing this... you can no longer do that

I hate the fact they brought it back. Absolutely hate it. If they were going to make it 2.0 that's awesome.

It was one of the best houses they have ever done,

I would agree. But it wasn't perfect. They had glaring flaws in that house that should've been fixed. Sets that needed to be expanded. 

Bitch moan and bitch.  If they only had 8 houses, you'd bitch that it's the 25th anniversary, and they should have more.  So, they have more, and you bitch because it's not what you want.  If nothing else, a 9th house may help ease some of the congestion in the lines for other houses.

I got smacked down because of my vocal hatred of TWD, and I gave up.  I realize it's pointless to complain because it is what it is.  This, however, THIS is awesome.  It was one of the best houses they have ever done, so to put it back out there in an anniversary year is not so crazy.   Plus, there are plenty of people who never got to see it, and there are those of us who loved the house so much, we are thrilled at another chance at it.  I am not ashamed to admit, I actually had a few tears at the end of the season 2013 because I was sure I'd never get a chance to see this house again since Orlando doesn't usually repeat.  The Halloween gods heard my cries, and life is awesome.

I'm not bitching and/or moaning bud. I'm not being hyperbolic with this like some do, saying "IM NEVR COMING BAK 2 HHN EVR! ALL THA IPZ IZ OVRUSED!" Never did I say that I wasn't still looking forward to it, and that it still won't be really cool. I wouldn't complain about 8 houses because then half are original houses (all be it reused ideas, nothing completely "original", just based on previously original ideas).

Probably cost them nothing to put it together and they can say "9th house". Smart on their end, bleh on it coming back. Let's hope they actually have some changes.

That's what I thought. All the stuff is in the warehouses anyway, I'm just saying, they didn't have to go with 9 houses, it's too much for one night for people who go just once.

...Forcing people to buy a second night if they want to do everything, making a profit for Universal, getting them more money. So yes, very smart on their end haha

I feel torn about AWIL making a reappearance. It was with out a doubt my favorite house in 2013. With that being said, I feel like it is too soon to bring this house back, especially since it is going to be identical to 2013's maze. Oh well, hopefully it will help thin the masses out a little. 

• Like 1

I'm not bitching and/or moaning bud. I'm not being hyperbolic with this like some do, saying "IM NEVR COMING BAK 2 HHN EVR! ALL THA IPZ IZ OVRUSED!" Never did I say that I wasn't still looking forward to it, and that it still won't be really cool. I wouldn't complain about 8 houses because then half are original houses (all be it reused ideas, nothing completely "original", just based on previously original ideas).

That's what I thought. All the stuff is in the warehouses anyway, I'm just saying, they didn't have to go with 9 houses, it's too much for one night for people who go just once.

...Forcing people to buy a second night if they want to do everything, making a profit for Universal, getting them more money. So yes, very smart on their end haha

I understand you aren't being as histrionic as others here.  It was the overall commentary starting this thread that had me scratching my head.  Honestly, I'm still scratching it with your comment about "forcing people to buy a second night".. That's ridiculous.  Honest to god - this is what I'm talking about.  Everyone wants more, more, MORE.  So, they give us MORE, and now it's a plot to make them more money.  Jesus.  This is why we can't have nice things.

As for "stuff" being in the warehouses - well, I'm sure some of the props from the rooms are there, decorations and such... but those wolves? Well, let me just tell you, it cost them to re-do this.  Some of those wolves were in no shape to be used again.  One of them is actually at A&D's offices where it sits overlooking the group.  It's in NO shape to be used again - he's trashed, but he makes a good watchdog for A&D.  I've seen it myself.  Plus, Mike said that the wolves were going to be improved and there would be more of them.  Those things had to cost them a LOT.  I'm extremely interested in seeing what they do to improve on the masterpiece.

• Like 7

AWIL was the first of its kind in the event's 25 year history. Makes perfect sense to bring it back for the 25th. It paved the path for AVP and many more great houses to come in the future. It was my favorite house in 2013 and I'll be surprised if any of this year's can top it (maybe the anniversary house). 

And when Universal offers you a ninth house, you take it. Crowds are going to be HUGE this year and having a ninth house will at least help spread out the crowd.

• Like 1

As for "stuff" being in the warehouses - well, I'm sure some of the props from the rooms are there, decorations and such... but those wolves? Well, let me just tell you, it cost them to re-do this.  Some of those wolves were in no shape to be used again.  One of them is actually at A&D's offices where it sits overlooking the group.  It's in NO shape to be used again - he's trashed, but he makes a good watchdog for A&D.  I've seen it myself.  Plus, Mike said that the wolves were going to be improved and there would be more of them.  Those things had to cost them a LOT.  I'm extremely interested in seeing what they do to improve on the masterpiece.

This is one of the reasons that I am actually looking forward to going through this house again. I am interested to see how they improve upon the wolves. And more of them? Yes please! 

• Like 1

I understand you aren't being as histrionic as others here.  It was the overall commentary starting this thread that had me scratching my head.  Honestly, I'm still scratching it with your comment about "forcing people to buy a second night".. That's ridiculous.  Honest to god - this is what I'm talking about.  Everyone wants more, more, MORE.  So, they give us MORE, and now it's a plot to make them more money.  Jesus.  This is why we can't have nice things.

It's good business, not a "plot to make more money". Everything that a business does is for profit gain. But I'll propose a question, how much is too much? The event grows and grows as the crowds get bigger and bigger. Maybe this house will help with crowd flow, sure, but at what point will the event become impossible to enjoy without having to get an Express Pass or going multiple nights? It seems almost unnecessary to have it, but I'll still go, I'll still enjoy it, I'm just lucky enough to have experienced it before and to be possibly going for more than one night, unlike others who can go on a Thursday and still can't do everything.

Out of the 9 years I've attended HHNH, AWIL is in my top 3 favorite mazes of all time and from what everyone is saying, Orlando's version is the superior version. If that's true, I can't even imagine how awesome this maze will be. I can't believe how well the puppets move in the announcement video, it looks so damn real. What do you guys think the surprises will be ? 

Out of the 9 years I've attended HHNH, AWIL is in my top 3 favorite mazes of all time and from what everyone is saying, Orlando's version is the superior version. If that's true, I can't even imagine how awesome this maze will be. I can't believe how well the puppets move in the announcement video, it looks so damn real. What do you guys think the surprises will be ? 

Orlando's version of this house is 100% superior.  Because of my love for it, when Hollywood got it, I flew out there to attend that event as well just to see the house again.  While I still liked it, my initial reaction was actually disappointment.  I don't want to get into a Hollywood vs Orlando war or anything - and this is all just my own observation (and my entire group, actually) and opinion.  But ALL of us, after visiting the Hollywood version, were like.. shit.  So, yes, getting to see it again in Orlando after it's been tweaked and more wolves added?? Dream. Come. True.

• Like 1

Never saw Hollywood's.  From those that saw both, the most common comparisons I've read were Orlando had better puppets but Hollywood had extended scenes, or one extended scene, like Piccadilly.  But if they're improving the wolves here as mentioned, which they were amazing to begin with, I'm very curious to see what happens.

Given that it's a major anniversary year, it makes sense to me to bring back one of the all time greats.   I would guess less people would be complaining about it if it had been originally done a few more years ago, but personally I'm not unhappy with the decision since  it will help with crowds and it is one of my favorite houses of the 9 years I've gone.

• Like 1

I remember back in 1993 when people were saying that HHN wasn't going to happen that year because the JAWS ride was going to re-open and there would be no place for them to put the Dungeon of Terror.

Back then it was just assumed they would ALWAYS repeat that same house and they couldn't have HHN without it!!!!

• Like 3

• Mark M. changed the title to American Werewolf In London