The Walking Dead: The Living And The Dead

JDW

For me this and "Run" were my worst houses.

This seems to be the general consensus outside of the die hard fans who will place RUN a bit higher. I've no info on this, but based on what I've seen/been told, guests are ranking the houses something like this:

Top Rated: Jack Presents, Insidious, Freddy vs Jason, Body Collectors

Mid-Range but still good: AWiL, Asylum, Purge (this house is being insanely well received, but there's plenty who think it's bad to drag it down from the top rated)

Bottom Level: TWD, RUN

I'm fairly confident this is the last we see of TWD, if not at the very least for a year or two. It's my understanding that we weren't even going to be forced to have it; rumor is that Hollywood wanted to do it again, so they had us share it. Couple that with low satisfaction this year, I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing this one next year. Purge will be the big current IP imo, with maybe another recent one and 2 classic IPs.

• Like 2

Boy I can't wait for the same exact house next year too  :(

You know, they advertise nine houses, but this is pretty much the same as it has been the past 12 years or whatever, AWiL is exactly the same except for better puppets, and the Purge was a shit version of the carcass of Scream. So, six houses. But the event was still somehow amazing. 

Boy I can't wait for the same exact house next year too  :(

You know, they advertise nine houses, but this is pretty much the same as it has been the past 12 years or whatever, AWiL is exactly the same except for better puppets, and the Purge was a shit version of the carcass of Scream. So, six houses. But the event was still somehow amazing. 

trust me dude... if you ACTUALLY hot 6 houses, it would have felt Much much different than it did... not only in crowds and wait times but on the fact that you had 3 extra houses that you could walk into if you felt bored. a repeat house will always be better than an empty building that is off limits. 
as much as Werewolf was disappointing, it was nice that you had the option to see the actors and the sets again. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

trust me dude... if you ACTUALLY hot 6 houses, it would have felt Much much different than it did... not only in crowds and wait times but on the fact that you had 3 extra houses that you could walk into if you felt bored. a repeat house will always be better than an empty building that is off limits. as much as Werewolf was disappointing, it was nice that you had the option to see the actors and the sets again. 

Totally agreed. And I definitely did hit six houses - we sprang for the FFP with the Express pass this year (and I'll never do it another way again). Werewolf was only disappointing because they did it what I thought was last year - my lady corrected me and said it was two years ago. Either way it felt too soon to revive a house. But that's not relevant here, really. I think I was really kinda bored by this house because I hadn't seen the season this was based on. I've seen it now. It .... Doesn't make a difference :)  

I still think last year's house was better because I'm freaked out by mirror rooms and what I call "Snakes rooms" (I know there's a real term for it but I don't remember that term right now) ... The room toward the end of last year where you just went end to end through a small room with tons of Zed Words (that's ridiculous!) ..... Was creepy. 

Also, now after seeing the season. .... . ... You guys!! We were in the submerged supply room longer than they covered it on the show!!! LOL .... Although..... I will say...... The revolving door scene was just as epic as they promised me it would be. I don't think that's a spoiler...If it is tell me and I'll black it out. 

In short - and I think I may have made this comparison elsewhere at some point over the years - the WORST HHN house is still better than .... Like every other haunted house. My people-who-aren't-HHN-obsessed comparison is Metallica or Star Wars. Star Wars is more on the tips of the Zeitgeist tongue (ew!) right now so ..... The WORST Star Wars is still better than like everything else playing in that theater, by such an extent it's not comparable. 

In Metallica terms, people Hated On ... Well, every album after "the black album," but every one of those songs on every one  of those albums was still better than anything on the radio. It's just that they set the bar too high for themselves. And that isn't something you can REALLY fault Uni for (I did end up going through this house more times than I even know, just like all other houses - I even waited in the Regular Line [ew]) ... 

PS I'm sad that other people don't ever catch the Shaun of the Dead reference when I say that the Zed word is ridiculous. But I think people here will. And that's why <3 you guys :D

• Mark M. changed the title to The Walking Dead: The Living And The Dead