Insidious

JDW

For those who went to the Team Member preview, was the Man Who Can't Breathe wearing his mask? For opening night I didn't see a single mask. If it wasn't for my friend who pointed it out to me that that was him, I would have just continued assuming he was just a random demon. He's not really scary without the mask. (He looks like Zordon when he's dying from the Power Rangers Movie. Lol)

• Like 1

I went through last night at 12:30 and if they keep up this momentum, they can easily win House of the Year. I can't remember the last time I saw a cast that was so incredibly aggressive. I was able to see every single scare in one go-through (several of them multiple times) because they would seriously only wait a few seconds between jumping out again.

I was able to see every single scare in one go-through (several of them multiple times)

because they would seriously only wait a few seconds between jumping out again.

That is kind a of a problem that I see at HHN happen a lot.  I wish all houses were like this. As far as my runs in houses went, the M&M house could be more like this, as well as Walking Dead and RUN. 

i really wish Monsters & mayhem was like this. some rooms were completely empty in some of my runs

• Like 1

That is kind a of a problem that I see at HHN happen a lot.  I wish all houses were like this. As far as my runs in houses went, the M&M house could be more like this, as well as Walking Dead and RUN. 

i really wish Monsters & mayhem was like this. some rooms were completely empty in some of my runs

Catacombs and Havoc was known for that sort of "constant scaring." It's exhausting physically, and depending on how the boo holes are built, can be extremely painful. Also, if the scareactor uses an e-prom, they have to wait for the reset unless they have an "open scare."

• Like 1

^ Exactly.  

Case in point: my first location in Catacombs was simply be pulling a curtain back and leaning out.  It was quick, easy and had a fast reset.  Could do it all night long with no issue. A few weeks later I shifted down to the end of my room where the scare was a short 10-15' hallway which I would sprint down straight at the guest pathway.  Half-way down the hall was my e-prompt.  This set-up, while extremely effective, was physically exhausting.  Add in the fact that the e-prompt would reset every 30 seconds, made for some occasional sparse scares.

• Like 2

Catacombs and Havoc was known for that sort of "constant scaring." It's exhausting physically, and depending on how the boo holes are built, can be extremely painful. Also, if the scareactor uses an e-prom, they have to wait for the reset unless they have an "open scare."

^ Exactly.  

Case in point: my first location in Catacombs was simply be pulling a curtain back and leaning out.  It was quick, easy and had a fast reset.  Could do it all night long with no issue. A few weeks later I shifted down to the end of my room where the scare was a short 10-15' hallway which I would sprint down straight at the guest pathway.  Half-way down the hall was my e-prompt.  This set-up, while extremely effective, was physically exhausting.  Add in the fact that the e-prompt would reset every 30 seconds, made for some occasional sparse scares.

wow, never thought about it that way. didn't mean to sound uncaring about the job actors do (Specially if the holes are set up that way) I guess I wished just that the boo holes were made easier to get out of. I definitely understand what you guys mentioned, sounds pretty hard 

wow, never thought about it that way. didn't mean to sound uncaring about the job actors do (Specially if the holes are set up that way) I guess I wished just that the boo holes were made easier to get out of. I definitely understand what you guys mentioned, sounds pretty hard 

I know you didn't mean anything by it. I mentioned it because it's a factoid that gives guests and fans a better context of what the act of scaring entails.

• Like 3

Thought this house was good, but what kept it from being great (or intense for me) were the damn show attendants standing in the middle of scenes.  I understand they're having flow issues, but maybe pulsing the line is a better strategy then sticking employees center stage yelling at guests to move along. Why wouldn't Universal want us to see all the hard work that goes into their creations. Yet another fuck up by Ops.

• Like 1

What's up with the facade to this house? Yes it's massive, but you can see through the windows!! The supports are in plain sight.  I dont remember this being the case for the Myers house last year. 

Yeah, I noticed that too. They should've used denser curtains to block the supports.

And it's pretty simplistic. I'm surprised no one is calling them out on this. There's no video projection.

Eh, I don't think this house called for projections. The light and audio choices work well enough to make for a creepy vibe before even entering the tent.

• Like 1

Can anyone elaborate why the order of the house was how it was? Why did we jump right into the conjuring/seance scene? Why were there no twin girls appearing? Why was the lady in black's makeup so terrible? Why didn't we see her in the facade, outside a kitchen window following like the intro of Insidios 1, etc?

Creative license. 

• Like 1

Can anyone elaborate why the order of the house was how it was? Why did we jump right into the conjuring/seance scene? Why were there no twin girls appearing? Why was the lady in black's makeup so terrible? Why didn't we see her in the facade, outside a kitchen window following like the intro of Insidios 1, etc?

The first two scenes, baby's bedroom and seance are the ONLY scenes in the "real" world so to speak... note the blue lantern from the seance table that then appears in every other room of the house. All the rest of the house is in The Further and as has been seen in the films there one can move between different locations and times rather seamlessly. 

Edited by Dr. Jimmy
  • Like 5

• Mark M. changed the title to Insidious