Insidious

JDW

I went to hollywood in 2013 and orlando and Insidious was the best of that year by far for both hhn's. Really well done. Hoping its done different now and they add new stuff

...but we've never done an Insidious house.

EDIT unless you mean they've done it different from Hollywood's over here? In that case, it will be very different, as Orlando designs their houses independently from Hollywood. There may be some of the same scenes, but done differently.

Edited by foREVer56

Did both of you go to the media preview? I need to know how good this house looked. I am dying to go in it!!

I wasn't invited this year. Perhaps next year.

But everyone says it is really amazing.. even though it's only 80% complete.

Why no invite?

My site is too new. I have to get my web traffic up. No biggie. I wasn't expecting it this year.

If there is one thing I don't do is I don't pander. Sure I report on things they do, but I will not change my honest opinions or sugar coat for special favors... So who knows.. may never happen :P

• Like 1

Allow me to relay a story, especially now since this the Media Darling house this year.

Every year, all the coordinators and stage managers have their orientation and they get to walk through all the houses and see all the things. Most of these coordinators are former scareactors or are extremely familiar with HHN. It's expected of you to get the job, being familiar with this side of Universal.

Now, the walk-throughs are with no actors or effects. Most of the time, they're lights on two. That's how it was when it was time for them to walk through Insidious. I've been told that coordinators were refusing to go through the house because of how unsettled they were by it.

I've known dozens of coordinators and stage mangers over the years. I have NEVER heard of that happening with a house.

• Like 16

Never saw the movies so maybe the colors are related to that...but the chalk drawings and red lighting and stuff makes me think I might be "that guy" walking through a non-3D house with 3D glasses on B)

The pictures and stuff are REALLY making hope this is an Unmasking the Horror / Behind the Screams tour house when I'm there!

• Like 1

Allow me to relay a story, especially now since this the Media Darling house this year.

Hidden Content

....wow.

This is gonna be one of, if not THE, top rated house this year, it seems. Not a single person who's seen this house has said anything other than it was amazing or creepy or scary. During the media preview, everyone came out impressed and called it scary, and it wasn't even fully staffed, nor were effects on.

This is gonna be a good one.

• Like 6

....wow.

This is gonna be one of, if not THE, top rated house this year, it seems. Not a single person who's seen this house has said anything other than it was amazing or creepy or scary. During the media preview, everyone came out impressed and called it scary, and it wasn't even fully staffed, nor were effects on.

This is gonna be a good one.

Legit probably going to cry in this one.

• Like 1

UPDATE TO THE UONEWS INFO (CORRECT LOCATIONS)

INSIDIOUS Enter “The Further” and travel through all three parts of the Insidious saga. Denizens of the afterlife try to find their way back into the world using the living to guide them. The house isn’t haunted - we are. Entrance: Near MIB restrooms Location: Backstage Tent 2 • Exit: Across from MIB Gear 

Hoping Tiptoe Through the Tulips ISN'T played in this one... Kinda ruined a suspenseful moment in 1 by making me giggle, and I'm sure the SAs would go insane if they had to listen to that on loop. Maybe as a queue song, but I want this house to be as creepy as possible

• Like 1

Hoping Tiptoe Through the Tulips ISN'T played in this one... Kinda ruined a suspenseful moment in 1 by making me giggle, and I'm sure the SAs would go insane if they had to listen to that on loop. Maybe as a queue song, but I want this house to be as creepy as possible

I actually find that song terrifying and the creepiest scene of all three movies for me personally, so I kind of hope it's in there.

• Like 5

I actually find that song terrifying and the creepiest scene of all three movies for me personally, so I kind of hope it's in there.

Ditto. The movie ruined the song for me more than the other way around. I can't hear this song anymore without getting a bit creeped out.

Gonna have to agree with you on this one. When I saw the first movie, I remember being at the edge of my seat in fear for the most part, but when freakin' Tiny Tim starts playing, I sat back and started laughing my ass off. I see how some people found it creepy, but that just didn't do it for me. :lol:

• Like 1

When the house list was first "leaked", and I saw Insidious on there, it was my most anticipated.  I saw all three movies (side note: I thought the 3rd sucked, but I liked the first two). Since I'm such a HHN geek, I can't watch a horror a movie anymore without thinking:  wow, that would be a great scene in a house, or holy **** that would scare the hell out of me, etc, etc.  When I saw Hollywood was getting Insidious a couple years ago, I sincerely debated going out there just for that house.  I was insanely jealous.  When I heard it was one of their best houses, I was really pissed I didn't go.  After reading what Legacy just posted, I am no longer jealous or pissed as I think Orlando is once again going to blow the doors off with this house, and I will get to see it!  It is the perfect kind of creepy property that is capable of creating the butterflies in your stomach while the hairs on your arms stand up.  My favorite kind of house!  And no one does it better than these guys!

This is truly going to be an amazing year.  I will be cursing all of you who get to attend in just a few days while I have another couple weeks to wait before I can get there.  Enjoy it all and post some pics!

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Insidious