Insidious

JDW

06_Insidious.thumb.jpg.417d1661bd81e4f3977756eaf41f1cc8.jpg

Enter “The Further” and travel through all three parts of the Insidious saga. Denizens of the afterlife try to find their way back into the world using the living to guide them. The house isn't haunted--we are.

Mike just confirmed no subtitle for Orlando, the maze is just Insidious. 

But anyway, this is pretty exciting. I was damn jealous of Hollywood back in 2013 when they got this, and I'm happy we finally get it now. Hollywood's looked pretty damn intense, so I'm excited to see what we can do with the property. Sounds like our is a mishmash of the three movies, while Hollywood is focusing mainly on Chp 3, which makes sense.

I was never a huge fan of Insidious, but it definitely has potential for a house, and after seeing how it was done in Hollywood, I definitely have no doubts it'll be a great house to experience. I think what I'm most excited for is to go through scenes in The Further. That was, in my opinion, the best part of the movie. Not to mention Darth Maul's cousin is in it:

tumblr_mloclhNpT51snxul7o1_500.gif

• Like 1

I've seen both of the first ones, the Chapter 3 I wasn't able to catch in theaters. I'm waiting to see it pop up somewhere where I can rent/stream it. I personally liked the first one a bit more and the second I thought was just creepy. I can't wait for this house, this was my most anticipated from the leak list, and it is going to be the most anticipated for me for HHN.

That makes two of us...maybe our paths will cross on Netflix tonight

I've seen the first in bits, guess I'll watch them now too!

Downloaded and watched the first one tonight, it was alright I guess. I'll follow up with the next 2 in the coming weeks.

But back on the topic of the house, it was easy to see how multiple scenes from the first film could be used in the movie. I feel like I spent the majority of the duration thinking "that would be a cool room" or "nah that wouldn't work." But I don't particularly care for direct scenes from movies in my houses. It takes away from the immersion and makes me just feel like I'm watching the movie again. Albeit in 3D I suppose. I like IP houses to have the same world and ideas of the films, but with original scenes and concepts. Again, so I don't feel like I'm watching the /exact/ same scene play out.

****************WARNING, THAR BE SPOILERS AHEAD****************

For instance, don't want to see the same characters and the same scene from when Josh went back into the house when he was astral planeswalking or whatever. The creepy old people who get shot? But I would like to see new, original locations and characters from The Further.

I, too, had never bothered to see the Insidious films.  After having watched the first two I realize I missed nothing by not watching them.  The first was mediocre at best.  The second, garbage.  Won't bother with the third.  

Our journey into the further may well prove to be the furthest thing from scary...

The first one scared me sufficiently back in 2011, and I enjoyed the second one. Never got around to seeing the third, probably won't before the event (if ever), but I'm hoping for a strong scare house for this one. Regardless of the movie, it has the potential to be everything Legendary Truth should've been back in 2010 as far as paranormal houses go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thought. I'm assuming the facade for this will be the house from the first two movies. Similar to how Hollywood did theirs. Being that the entrance to the tent is on the side, how will they pull that off? It made sense last year for Halloween since the movie starts with you entering through the side of the Myers house. I'm guessing they could just do the same thing and have a fence on the side, although it wouldn't make much sense with Insidious.

I'm really excited for this one! I've never found the first one particularly scary at all, but I really love it still. Idk, it's really interesting and cool what they did with the story. I actually feel the 2nd and 3rd ones were both actually pretty scary, those actually did scare me. I love all three movies. It should be a great house!

Guest kiwisoup

So far it's everyone just sounding off on which movies they saw in the series and reviewing them, lol. Not much house talk.

I've seen the first two. First one I really liked and found scary, second one was forgettable and not scary at all...which was a huge disappointment after how good/scary I though The Conjuring was (same director)...but the third part is directed by the writer of the first two so I pretty much know it's not gonna be as scary as the first still...will have to watch it online somehow before I go to Orlando since it won't be on home video by then.

I was insanely jealous of Hollywood getting Insidious last year, but it seemed lacking a bit...way too many black walls and blank space and the lipstick demon was way overused...plus I heard they had to get rid of the fog effects in The Further completely ruining the illusion. I also felt like there was too much of the second movie...felt like it actually took up the majority of the house and the "Mother" character just falls flat for me.

I'm excited to see what Orlando does...I feel like The Further and the demon's lair will be so much better in their hands. I'd also like to see the shotgun scene from the first movie that didn't end up in the Hollywood maze for some reason. Also, more Bride in Black please! Maybe some Dead Silence easter eggs?

So I had never seen any of the "Insidious" films, but once I heard that we'd be getting a house based on the movies I decided to watch them. I found them some-what interesting, but they aren't really good movies (I'll probably never watch them again). Having said that, I must admit I am excited to experience this house ONLY because I believe it can be very similar to "Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate" (2010 maze) effects wise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what I'm hearing, this house may be dark horse HotY contender. I'm actually more bummed I'm missing this than any other house.

So what you're saying is it sounds like they actually built the house I knew this IP was capable of being ever since I saw the first one 4 years ago?

Bring it on.

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Insidious