HHN 25 Tickets, Pricing, and General Event Operation Questions

Annual Passholder Nights are the 18th, 19th, 25th, and 26th of Sep. Not sure about Oct 3.

https://www.universalorlando.com/rsvp/hhn25/rsvp.aspx

Thanks for the response...  I did RSVP to that, but in the past, they still offered RIP on AP nights.  I was thinking maybe a late press event or something?  I also didn't know if the Scareactor Dining Experience would make a difference, but the dates don't coincide to all of the blocked out RIP tours.  I'm thinking something else may be up... It's just very misleading (if not, dishonest) to claim those dates are "sold out" when they were never available to begin with.

Quick question: Hypothetically, if my brother and I both bought the Frequent Fear Plus Express and then some nights I went with someone other than my brother, could they use his pass to do express? Or does the ticket need to be "activated" by coming in the park?

They do a biometric finger scan on your first use, so no, no one except the original pass holder can use the pass.  Or...are you meaning, going with someone else who has an event pass, but taking your brother's ticket to only scan for Express?  If that's the case, that's a good question.  I'm inclined to think the express would still be active even if not scanned in at the gate that evening.  Disney magic bands with booked fast passes can be used for the FP without scanning through the main gate.  I've done it.  Not the same technology though, of course.

Ya, not for entry, but for the second situation you answered. I would think it would work too, but I would love to know if anybody has successfully tried it before we go ahead and buy them. Thanks for responding!

I know from years ago that the express won't register if that person didn't enter HHN. BUT, if that person wasn't there, you could enter the Stay and Scream on one side of Finnegans by scanning your pass, say you have to go to the bathroom, then enter on the other side of the alley by scanning the other person's HHN ticket. Viola. Now both people are in the parks and you have two express passes. B)

I'm not sure publicly announcing how to cheat the system is advisable. Sure no one is going to hunt you down and you but it's still probably not a good idea. 

And yes the express tickets will know if the "owner" of the ticket has entered the park or not and will not activate until they do so if my memory serves correctly. Some passes even have had peoples pictures printed on it so it makes it even more noticeable. 

• Like 2

Quick question: Hypothetically, if my brother and I both bought the Frequent Fear Plus Express and then some nights I went with someone other than my brother, could they use his pass to do express? Or does the ticket need to be "activated" by coming in the park?

I would advise not to do that. Not only is it morally wrong, but I know someone who tried to do this and they are now banned from Universal. Thank god I wasn't with him when this happened because everyone that was was trespassed. 

Just spend the extra money or wait the lines.

Okay so I know the second week is usually a very quiet one insofar as how crowded it is. Will the third week be okay too, or does it get to be super crowded because it is October? We are going to be there on the 2nd. I wanna know if I should convince the others to save some money for an express pass, or if we can hit, say, four or five houses then, along with the B&T show.

Okay so I know the second week is usually a very quiet one insofar as how crowded it is. Will the third week be okay too, or does it get to be super crowded because it is October? We are going to be there on the 2nd. I wanna know if I should convince the others to save some money for an express pass, or if we can hit, say, four or five houses then, along with the B&T show.

It all depends on the weather. Opening weekend is busy, then usually dies down until it becomes cooler out and it doesn't rain every afternoon. Around mid October it starts to cool down so. So for the days you are going, it shouldn't be too hectic.

That being said, this is the 25th year and we do have 9 houses. If I were you, I'd save the money and buy express. I can see them selling out a lot more nights this year then ever before. I'd get them ASAP. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hi there! So, question for all of you. I had a FF+ pass last year, absolutely loved it. I am buying one this year, as well as my mother's one day ticket as she is visiting me and we are going to HHN on Wednesday Oct. 14th. She has never been to Universal and I an contemplating buying the express passes for us so that she will be able to most everything (she has never been to Universal). do you think Express passes will be necessary/ a good thing to have on a Wednesday or should I just wing it? 

Do you think Express passes will be necessary/ a good thing to have on a Wednesday or should I just wing it? 

It all depends how you want to experience the event.  Do you want a relaxing time or to feel more rushed?  Wednesdays are definitely the least busy, IMO, but that doesn't mean there won't be long waits.  I've had plenty of Wednesdays without Express and did all the houses.  You can get at least 3 out of the way early.  Being the 25th anniversary is also likely going to mean record crowds this year.  If you can splurge for an EP, I would.  It'll make for a more relaxed night and you could easily repeat a few houses and go at your own pace, have plenty of time for shows and F&B.

It all depends how you want to experience the event.  Do you want a relaxing time or to feel more rushed?  Wednesdays are definitely the least busy, IMO, but that doesn't mean there won't be long waits.  I've had plenty of Wednesdays without Express and did all the houses.  You can get at least 3 out of the way early.  Being the 25th anniversary is also likely going to mean record crowds this year.  If you can splurge for an EP, I would.  It'll make for a more relaxed night and you could easily repeat a few houses and go at your own pace, have plenty of time for shows and F&B.

Speaking of that, like I said I am going on Sunday the 4th and I went ahead and got our EP+ last night! Excited to hit most stuff without the pass and then be able to use it to skip the lines for another go!

With Unmasking the Horror, for the people who have done it, are the tour guides very knowledgeable in the event and can scope out every easter egg and detail about all the houses or not really and just show people the barebones of each scene for photo ops? I'm really deciding on my limited income whether to buy this or get more merchandise. Just wanting to know if after the tour if I actually learn and appreciate the house more or just got many awesome pictures, I just hope for both.

Also I still have this question so I'm guessing I'll give it another shot.

Public RIP tours to those who have experienced it or know very detailed. Is it worth it for a small group who wants to focus on the houses and a good location for the B&T show or is isn't really helpful because there would be guests wanting to ride rides and feeling forced doing the usual rides. Is there any other bonus for this tour? Is the lounge or the lanyard worth it?

With Unmasking the Horror, for the people who have done it, are the tour guides very knowledgeable in the event and can scope out every easter egg and detail about all the houses or not really and just show people the barebones of each scene for photo ops? I'm really deciding on my limited income whether to buy this or get more merchandise. Just wanting to know if after the tour if I actually learn and appreciate the house more or just got many awesome pictures, I just hope for both.

The tour guides for UTH are SUPER knowledgeable and able to answer nearly all questions.  They point out all of the little easter eggs, tell you house effects that have changed or never worked (the static Michael choking Lynda used to be a real actor, there was a hallway in The Wyandot Estate that had an effect that never worked, etc.), and can tell you different things about the backstory of the house as it was originally envisioned.  The tour of last year's "From Dusk Til Dawn" helped me better appreciate how the house was designed with so many areas for the actors to come out and scare (even if the actors did not always utilize every area) and they also implied that the designers did not know much about the "Dracula Untold" movie so designing that house was a challenge.

• Like 3

For that weekend, it will be crowded, but unbearably crowded. Expect to see up to 90-100min waits that weekend for TWD, Insidious and FvJ. Any night of the event is easy to do without an express pass, if you hit them in the right order. If you get to the gate a full hour before it opens (meaning, be there at 5) and are one of the first in the park, doing all nine houses plus B&T shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Also I still have this question so I'm guessing I'll give it another shot.

I'll echo what Cooger said, they are VERY knowledgeable.  I think it's mostly a cheat sheet they memorize, but if you ask a question they don't know about, they'll do their best to hunt it down.  Like after you're done touring a house, they'll say "wait here a minute" and go grab someone else in there to ask them about it (they did that for us when I think someone asked what scale the models were for the mirror affect in Gothic...the electrician didn't know either.   Ha ha ha).  They also give some scripted answers to questions Uni doesn't want asked like "What was the deal with Fear?" and "What happened to the Bayou Sacrifice Show?".  The Bayou answer was along the lines of "We are constantly trying to enhance the guest experience...who came the last week last year?  Did you know that was the only week that there was a scarezone in Sting Alley?  We regularly re-distribute our characters based on feedback from the public."

They go through room by room, do little trivia questions, point out boo holes and tricks, point out fun stuff like Freddy's sweater laying around, last year they were pointing out the hidden crows, they often tell you about what parts of the house have been broken or valdalized (Dead End had a headless ghost when we went as her head had fallen off and disappeared), etc. 

They aren't insiders working on the development all year long so as long as you don't expect Mike Aiello to do your tour and tell you all the legal details of what happened with Scream, you'll love it.  They're very funny and personable and happy to take a picture of you and/or your group in front of a prop.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have no sources this is just from other forums and social media.  The UTH tours are actually changing somewhat from day to day and the only one that won't be part of any tour is The Purge which makes sense.  Also, it sounds like Run and TWD are always on the AM tour meaning most people who are trying to pick a tour, the afternoon tour would certainly be your best bet.  I'm doing both and I love TWD show and enjoyed the tour MORE than the house last year as I loved seeing the sets so I don't have a horse in this race...so long as M&M and BC are covered :)

Also, someone said their tour guide said there was a possibility of a house being repeated in both the AM and PM tours in a day.  Now THAT would piss me off and I'd feel entitled to a $23.33 refund!

Ok I have a few questions. This is the first year I have been to the event. I am a season pass holder so if I understand correctly I can already be in the park before the event? Are there several staging areas and if so where are they? I did not get an express pass because it would be cheaper for me to just go to the park a 2nd day however I would still like to see as much as I can. Do all the houses open at the same time?

Edited by n2extreme1

Ok I have a few questions. This is the first year I have been to the event. I am a season pass holder so if I understand correctly I can already be in the park before the event? Are there several staging areas and if so where are they? I did not get an express pass because it would be cheaper for me to just go to the park a 2nd day however I would still like to see as much as I can. Do all the houses open at the same time?

Read the Plans of Attack thread...I think all the info you need is in there like this from foREVer56:

It was reported by a few people who called Guest Relations at Universal. If you call and ask, that's what they've been telling people. There's a chance that will only be in affect the first 2 weekends, as KidZone is the Annual Passholder Event area.

Then I think others go into details about what houses open when...what houses to avoid when it's still light out...etc.

• Like 1