Freddy vs. Jason

they could have, and should have, just adapted the movie. (They kind of did, there were little details from the movie in the house) 

The ending of the house is basically the same as the movie (even the same music). I don't understand why that movie gets so much hate. Maybe they were not allowed to recreate the house but I kind of wish they did. I Still Love the house. I love the nods to both franchises, But the ending to this house should have been the same type of ending Evil Dead had (An open forest and a cabin) having Jason and Freddy fight in the open (the ending to Evil Dead would have worked perfectly for this IP. I guess it is just a wishful thinking opinion if they were ever going to repeat this house. 

I only went through once and I was so confused as to who won.  In my run through, it clearly looked to be Jason, but then right after that, it seemed to be Freddy.  The 3 others with me said the same thing.  Both scenes/images contradicted themselves.

And just to reiterate earlier posts here: Jason is just a behemoth.  I mean, damn!  You must have to be at least 6'4" to be cast.

• Like 1

I only went through once and I was so confused as to who won.  In my run through, it clearly looked to be Jason, but then right after that, it seemed to be Freddy.  The 3 others with me said the same thing.  Both scenes/images contradicted themselves.

And just to reiterate earlier posts here: Jason is just a behemoth.  I mean, damn!  You must have to be at least 6'4" to be cast.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but you're supposed to go through Jasons scenes, then through Freddy's scenes (these are in no relation to who wins but are just part of the build up) and at the end after you go through each of their respective scenes there's supposed to be a versus and the winner alternates depending on the which cast set it is? 

That's how it was explained to me, that you'd find out at the end and that the winner changes. But I haven't gone through it so maybe I'm not the best person to respond to this.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but you're supposed to go through Jasons scenes, then through Freddy's scenes (these are in no relation to who wins but are just part of the build up) and at the end after you go through each of their respective scenes there's supposed to be a versus and the winner alternates depending on the which cast set it is? 

That's how it was explained to me, that you'd find out at the end and that the winner changes. But I haven't gone through it so maybe I'm not the best person to respond to this.

And that's exactly how it was.  But the final battling...I don't know how to explain, you'd have to see it.  It wasn't what I was expecting.  I need to hit it up a few more times.  It's a great house.  But I just found myself walking out not seeing a clear cut winner.  Without giving it away, both won the battleThat's the feeling I left with.

An explanation on the "winner" from my perspective. Don't read this if you haven't experienced the house yet. It ruins the finale.

The versus scenes are just that; them battling each other. The winner appears at the end of the Crystal Lake set, at the very end of a maze. He comes from behind a black curtain. For me, it was Jason the first 3 times and Freddy the last time. It also seems like throughout the night, not just depending on the cast, some of the Jasons and Freddy's move around and change boo holes, as I've gotten scares from each one in the same spot several times. Kind of like an evolving maze. It's been different every time I've gone through. It's really cool!

This and Insidious seem to be really time dependent scare wise, especially in the versus scenes. It's unfortunate, but when you do get to see them, they're awesome. I really really love this house. 

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 1

I only see one of them standing at the end.. (and even the comic sequel acknowledges that Jason technically won) the wink didn't mean much if you read the comic
yeah, he had help from the girl, which was unfair... but he still won that fight lol

Edited by clash

This is not based on the comic, it's based on the movie. They were trying to kill each other and neither was dead at the end, thus it's a draw. Now, I would say the movie is more like Jason that round of that, but they left it open as to what happened after the movie ends.

This is not based on the comic, it's based on the movie. They were trying to kill each other and neither was dead at the end, thus it's a draw. Now, I would say the movie is more like Jason that round of that, but they left it open as to what happened after the movie ends.

I only mention the comic because that was based on the script for the second movie,  but they were going to start the second movie with Jason out of the lake and killing.  (It wasn't like some random person came up with it, It was going to be an actual sequel based on an official script) 

(freddy was trapped inside Jason's mind, like a prisoner not being able to do anything, this was on that script as well) The sequel never came to be, I know,  but my only point was that the company, the writers. the producers,  they were all behind that script. 

Besides even the writer of the first FvJ said that to him Jason clearly won too, lol 

Edited by clash

Look, they are supposed to alternate "winner" between sets. Winner seen or missed, it's still supposed to occur.

You can look at the alternating set as sort of a "draw" like in the movie. It always changes and it isn't 100% set in stone.

Though... Personal opinion Freddy won, I just get that they didn't want to say one character is better than the other and to have a draw in the horror universe. But... Freddy knows Jasons weakness sooo. A lifetime of torture instead of being killed could count as a win. ;) Again, up to the viewers interpretation. Just like the house is up to your experience walking through it.

• Like 1

I only see one of them standing at the end.. (and even the comic sequel acknowledges that Jason technically won) the wink didn't mean much if you read the comic
yeah, he had help from the girl, which was unfair... but he still won that fight lol

I cannot say I read the comic, but you could always interpret Freddy's wink at the end as it all being a dream that he is controlling (dreams within dreams within dreams).

• Like 1

I only mention the comic because that was based on the script for the second movie,  but they were going to start the second movie with Jason out of the lake and killing.  (It wasn't like some random person came up with it, It was going to be an actual sequel based on an official script) 

(freddy was trapped inside Jason's mind, like a prisoner not being able to do anything, this was on that script as well) The sequel never came to be, I know,  but my only point was that the company, the writers. the producers,  they were all behind that script. 

Besides even the writer of the first FvJ said that to him Jason clearly won too, lol 

If you watch the documentary "Never Sleep Again" based on the filming of all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, Ronny Yu, the director of Freddy VS Jason, claims that Freddy won at the end of the movie. I cant find any information on the web about Jeff Katz or James Kuhoric, writers for Freddy VS Jason, stating who won. I personally believe that neither won, and the ending was left open for a sequel. 

As for the Freddy VS Jason house at HHN this year. Alternating winners is the best way to run the house. It gives the house replay value and also keeps true to the movie.

• Like 2

I didn't understand the beefed-up Freddy. What was that all about?

And in the finale, both times we saw Freddy floating/hanging by wires and Jason slashing next to him. What was supposed to happen here?

the super freddy is the demon from the fvj movie (I think) in the movie he shows up as a demon in a dream

I think that's what it is

Is the winner based on the cast? Like Cast A is one and Cast B is the other? Every single time I went through this house Jason was the winner..

Holy crap.. How did they find so many guys to fill the Jason role that were so ginormous?

Kane Hodder was only about 6'2 at his peak. I'm 6'2 and I was the second shortest Cast A Beast back in 2012.

Is the winner based on the cast? Like Cast A is one and Cast B is the other? Every single time I went through this house Jason was the winner..

Holy crap.. How did they find so many guys to fill the Jason role that were so ginormous?

I think so, my first two runs were Freddy (beginning of the night/ middle of the night), my last was Jason(end of the night).