HHN 25 Discussion

I work special events throughout the year elsewhere in Florida. Not necessarily with the park but I used to work at a convention and a rave as staff. Generally most issues the source of the problem is a hydration or nutrition issue by passing proper meals and drinking lots of water over the course of the event. I used to be a big advocate about this with the event staff I worked with. I made sure everyone ate properly at least once throughout the day instead of junk food. 

These situations are magnets for "accidents". Especially amongst staff members who pull long exhausting nights and probably still try to balance a day job. While I can't comment on the girl in your story directly as I do not know the situation and I too hope she's fine. But overexertion or not knowing your limits for events amongst staff is a real thing. Especially when they mess up your normal routines for only a weekend, week, or in this case a month for horror nights. You need to know your limits and eat properly and stay hydrated. Also you need to know how well you can handle fog, loud noises, and strobes. 

I used to be on seizure patrol for raves and let me tell you, it was a terrifying duty to have and I have had to deal with them unfortunately as they do happen without fail despite warnings verbal and written. Hydration was still the biggest factor for attendees/staff falling ill during raves/working and not just the strobes. When you dance a lot in a hot crowded space, people need to remember they should get a drink of water occasionally.

It's Florida, it's hot. Even though it's "fall" or it's "dark" it's still Florida attendees and employees a like need to stay hydrated. Especially attendees if alcohol is involved to balance it out with the amount of exercise you're doing walking and standing around for houses in the heat.

This doesn't even touch base on sad truth that no matter what kind of haunt you have, small or large. There's always people who react when scared or startled with violence even if unintentional.

TL;DR not weird at all unfortunately. Please stay safe and especially hydrated during your visits to HHN!

Hmm. That sounded a lot like a PSA. Most people here are veterans and don't need to know that bit of into. While the topic of 'accidents' was fresh. It's still important :)

Granny BA is out~

I saw a couple people dealing with heat exhaustion/dehydration at HHN when I was there last weekend.. I believe that is a common theme for theme parks for employees & guests..(especially with alcohol involved)  many forget to drink enough water and believe they are fine. I drink tons of H2O while at the event to the point I'm probably a tad annoying to the people with me.. haha

Quick Question:

Does anybody know which showtimes of The Carnage Returns the original actor plays Jack? I would like to see him in the role.

No offense intended to the other Jack. From what I have seen, he is great at the character, too! I just want the first Jack I see in person to be the one who started it all.

Edited by YouDontKnowJack

Quick Question:

Does anybody know which showtimes of The Carnage Returns the original actor plays Jack? I would like to see him in the role.

No offense intended to the other Jack. From what I have seen, he is great at the character, too! I just want my first time seeing Jack in person to be with the original Jack.

The 10 PM showings on Thur and Sun both featured him. 

• Like 1

I wanted to just put this out there....

Although they aren't listed anywhere, there are two/three groups (Clowns, Inmates & Traditionals) of chainsaws in the park. I realize that most people don't have a reason to walk by Transformers to see the Inmates or Traditionals, but I think they are worth a walk by just to experience the interaction. I have heard some amazing one-liners and crazy tactics from the female prisoners as well as with the Traditionals. In the course of the night you should make your way by Transformers as well as Animal Actors to visit these "non-zones".

• Like 1

Hey everyone, First time poster here. I was hoping to get some of your guys' expertise. I live in Massachusetts and I only have one night at HHN this Sunday. I've been going for six years now and I've never missed a house but this years wait times have got me worried that I might not make it to every house this year.

Do you guys that have gone this year have any tips or House orders that you could suggest to me

Really any response would be appreciated. You guys are the best

Also, what's the video that's playing in the AWIL queue?

Are you talking about the big screen above the stage where the AWIL queue goes in and also exits?  We DID stop and watch the whole video because it was an AWESOME video on the history of Cindy.  It caught our eye because, at  first, I thought they put up something about "The Halloween Tree" - it was done in what looked like the pages of a book.  OUTSTANDING video!  I am hoping to catch it again when we get back down there next week.

Also, I was told by one of the guys in A&D that there are no GATs this year.  

I asked this question in scareactor appreciation, but I am not sure how many actually read the posts there, so I am going to ask here:  Does anyone know the scareactor who is playing the pumpkinhead with the curved machete in Evil's Roots?  We had SUCH FUN with him last weekend, and I know it's because we had our Nightmares shirts on.  Hoping to find him again next weekend.  I know he's a Forum member, and  I'd love to know who he is.

• Like 1

I asked this question in scareactor appreciation, but I am not sure how many actually read the posts there, so I am going to ask here:  Does anyone know the scareactor who is playing the pumpkinhead with the curved machete in Evil's Roots?  We had SUCH FUN with him last weekend, and I know it's because we had our Nightmares shirts on.  Hoping to find him again next weekend.  I know he's a Forum member, and  I'd love to know who he is.

I have known him for several years and he is great at what he does. However, he will reveal himself when the time is right either in the park or here in the forums.  

Kind of funny, I did the same you did here back when he played the Jock for the Alice Cooper house.

Edited by Doctor Cogstein
  • Like 1

Hey everyone, First time poster here. I was hoping to get some of your guys' expertise. I live in Massachusetts and I only have one night at HHN this Sunday. I've been going for six years now and I've never missed a house but this years wait times have got me worried that I might not make it to every house this year.

Do you guys that have gone this year have any tips or House orders that you could suggest to me

Really any response would be appreciated. You guys are the best

I went the second weekend so things may have changed now, but that whole weekend it pretty much went like this from biggest wait to lowest:

FvJ

INSIDIOUS

M&M

Body Collectors

Purge

Wonderland 3D

RUN

AWIL

TWD

We went over four nights so were able to do all of them, but a few only once because of the waits. Defiantly do FVJ first and then b-line it to INSIDIOUS to do second. Then do the rest of the houses depending on the wait. But really, if you are only going one night this year... if you have the money I'd highly suggest getting the Express if you're really want to to do all houses in one night. That way you may get to spend some time in the streets and seeing at least one show and not spending the entire event in lines for houses. 

Also, I was told by one of the guys in A&D that there are no GATs this year.  

I have to keep checking on this one in Run.  Averixx first mentioned it and I read a post on OU from one of them doing UMTH tour and they corroborated Averixx's mention of a GAT in Run and the specific location.  When you're leaving the Canadian room, just as you're walking out, on the left there is a yellow chainsaw on a bench or table.  Supposedly, on it is a red button.  It either blows air or makes a noise when pressed.  Again, I haven't seen it myself yet but have only gone through the house twice.  The 2nd time I knew it was in that room, but I had no idea where to look.  Next time I'll specifically check.

Maybe someone else has spotted it?  Not like these GATs are the most exciting thing anyway.  But, there you have it.

• Like 1

I have to keep checking on this one in Run.  Averixx first mentioned it and I read a post on OU from one of them doing UMTH tour and they corroborated Averixx's mention of a GAT in Run and the specific location.  When you're leaving the Canadian room, just as you're walking out, on the left there is a yellow chainsaw on a bench or table.  Supposedly, on it is a red button.  It either blows air or makes a noise when pressed.  Again, I haven't seen it myself yet but have only gone through the house twice.  The 2nd time I knew it was in that room, but I had no idea where to look.  Next time I'll specifically check.

Maybe someone else has spotted it?  Not like these GATs are the most exciting thing anyway.  But, there you have it.

Just got out of run. I found the chainsaw and patted it down some, I could not find a button on it to push. Also I found this coin in the first room next to the acid manikin. The coin looked out of place and I thought would be glued down, but nope. Neat thing to find.

1444439188964-127685702.jpg

Edited by Doctor Cogstein
  • Like 2

Regarding the coins, cool find! I bet there are more hidden throughout the event.

I'll admit, I'm intrigued by this. Was it random, was the coin placed there on purpose for the taking, left behind during an UMTH tour? 

Doc Cog: you should post the pic of the coin on the HHN Orl Twitter feed and see if Aiello and Co. comment on it. But don't say where you got it from...just in case.

Edited by Pandry
  • Like 2

Doc Cog: you should post the pic of the coin on the HHN Orl Twitter feed and see if Aiello and Co. comment on it. But don't say where you got it from...just in case.

the coin was, if anything, carefully placed next the manikins hand on the table. As for the twitter thing, I will look into that when I get home. Just put that I found it in the park?

• Like 1

are you referencing the problem people had in the facebook group with this? Lol

What problem ? :0 Im totally lost right now. Lol

Just got out of run. I found the chainsaw and patted it down some, I could not find a button on it to push. Also I found this coin in the first room next to the acid manikin. The coin looked out of place and I thought would be glued down, but nope. Neat thing to find.

I wasn't sure if I should post anything about this but since you did, I found one too! I figured since it wasn't glued down it'd be okay to take. Once I get home I'll import the photo and post it. I found it in M&M on the 2nd of October (I think), in a cup on the table of the Goldie Locks Bear scene. 

Looks like one of the Festival of the Dead parade coins.

Also, I've got to start my 2016 Wishful Thinking.

Z-Nation

Cooties

Final Girls

Edited by Legacy

So here's the coin I found in M&M (Goldie Locks Bear Scene - on the dining table inside one of the cups, on October 2nd or 3rd, I don't remember for sure). 

IMG_1594_zpsuarodzav.jpg

IMG_1596_zpsiv6cvvm7.jpg

Does anyone know where these coins originally came from or if they sold them at the park back in the day? 

Edited by Arsik_22
  • Like 2

So here's the coin I found in M&M (Goldie Locks Bear Scene - on the dining table inside one of the cups, on October 2nd or 3rd, I don't remember for sure). 

IMG_1594_zpsuarodzav.jpg

IMG_1596_zpsiv6cvvm7.jpg

Does anyone know where these coins originally came from or if they sold them at the park back in the day? 

that is so cool! Now when I go back I have to overanalyze every scenescene looking for another coin. I want to see how many I can find before the year ends.

• Like 1

Looks like one of the Festival of the Dead parade coins.

Also, I've got to start my 2016 Wishful Thinking.

Z-Nation

Cooties

Final Girls

I don't want any zombies next year period. BriMan said the other day on OU he has reason to believe TWD isn't coming back next year, let zombies breathe for at least a year. 

• Like 1