HHN 25 Discussion

Odds are you don't remember them because they weren't as memorable :)

I wonder if I can't remember because they were too dark. I remember liking the Jason/Texas houses a lot but can't remember what was inside. Only remember the ending of the Texas house and Jason standing on  a second floor with a barrel. 

but then I fully remember things like the Spawning or the Bloody Mary house, oh god lol :mellow:

Allow me to dig out my old soapbox from back at the Vault and probably the early year(s) of this site...and my comment I basically add to every survey.

Why don't you release a DVD of a walkthrough of every house...possibly even with the lights on, but a group of people going through and all the scareactors doing their job.  I know, lights on would spoil some of the scares, but it would be something they'd be able to try and if it sucked, scrap the idea.  Hell, do two runthroughs.  

Also, you could do the BTS tours with real guides and a real select group of people...even have scripted questions for them to ask.  And just film it.

Then edit it down and sell the DVDs.  

Possible problems would be rights issues...but I'm sure they can be overcome much like putting all the movie logos on the shirts and stuff.  Then, the BIG problem, would be that they get (random math here) 20 people per BTS tour, 2 tours per day, lets just say an average of $60 per person per tour.  That's $2,400 a day revenue just from the tours and you'd have to ensure the DVD sells more copies than the fall off of people who say "I can buy the tour of all 9 houses for $30 on DVD, why would I pay $120 to see 6 houses?"  That wouldn't affect people like me who love the exploration and photo opportunities and would happily still pay for both.  Plus the tours seem to sell out every time, I would think any fall off due to the DVDs would be filled by others.

Some solutions I regularly suggest are to have the DVDs be expensive like $30...and then offer them for $10 to those that do the tour or something.  Or, do the filming prior to the event (Obviously I see the challenges in that for the live walkthrough... not so much for the BTS tour.  Well, unless Scream fiasco happens again) and sell the DVDs on site only.  Limit one per person (scanning tickets or something) to ensure that everybody that bought them, actually attended the event so as not to have the worry about someone thinking  "I'm skipping a year because I can just buy it on DVD!"

Guest kiwisoup

The agreement about only releasing highlights only lasted until the event was over. The full walkthroughs all got posted once the event ended.

Edited by kiwisoup

Guest kiwisoup

which year? Last year? are those videos online???

Yeah just search "Halloween Horror Nights 24 Full Walkthrough" on YouTube and they're right there.

Edited by kiwisoup

Is Alice all inside like a soundstage? In other words, I'm wondering how it's affected by light if you do it while it's still light outside. I know in the past some light gets through the tents and Disaster house, but not soundstage or parade building I think. 

Yes, Asylum is inside the Shrek building, entirely indoors, no chance of outside light getting in. 

Edit: To expand on that as well, the facade of the maze is a good ways into the building, so even if you were to go through it when it was still light out, I can't see any way that it could hit even the facade. 

Edited by TheBlueBlazer
  • Like 2

This picture is from Singapore

AND IT LOOKS AMAZING. I would love a prop setup like that in Orlando and I'm incredibly jealous. I can't imagine the effort it took to pull that off. As you can see there's a lot of reinforcement beams across all of the buildings to support that monster. But I bet it looks amazing at night with lighting and effects. Maybe we can expect something like this in the near future? Maybe over Sting alley or someplace with close enough building facades to pull it off. 

• Like 2

AND IT LOOKS AMAZING. I would love a prop setup like that in Orlando and I'm incredibly jealous. I can't imagine the effort it took to pull that off. As you can see there's a lot of reinforcement beams across all of the buildings to support that monster. But I bet it looks amazing at night with lighting and effects. Maybe we can expect something like this in the near future? Maybe over Sting alley or someplace with close enough building facades to pull it off. 

That entire setup is being suspended from a permanent roof, a luxury our park doesn't have.

that's because that part of the park has a roof type of thing, kind of like the market in Diagon.

Caught a fun Bay News 9 segment this morning with Freddy. The facade for Elm street looks awesome, and I love that it looks like they're using the original Freddy. Tried to find the video, but it isn't posted yet. However, I did find a couple of other segments with Jason and Jack... thought you guys might enjoy them too and wasn't sure how many people were in the Tampa area to see them. 

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/video.html?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/hhn-hume-creative-director-091815.f4v&vtitle=An interview with Mike Aiello%2C creative director of HHN

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/video.html?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/hhn-jack-is-back-091815.f4v&vtitle=Jack the Clown is back! 

• Like 1

Tonight media will be allowed to film walk throughs of the houses.  They are saying 2 per media, so chances are all will be available depending on who films what.  We will only be allowed to share a "clip" video and not a "full" version until the event is over.

New accolades available for this year!  Go get them!

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/forums/topic/1038-hnn-accolade-request-thread/?do=findComment&comment=180966

Edited by mz_
  • Like 1

The weather outlook for tonight keeps improving each time I check it today.  It was looking a little sketchy earlier today when looking at the times between 6p-9p but it's vastly improving.  The HHN Gods are smiling down on us!

From what it seems for preview night weather was disastrous up until opening. There was a torrential downpour just hours before while many were on their way. 

Luckily it seemed to have all cleared up just as it was about to start with a few light drizzles here an there. Stilts were grounded for a time or so I've heard and there were no actors in the streets for nearly an hour after opening??

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

Could somebody please post a pic of the twd facade.

Honestly, I don't really get it or what it's supposed to be. It doesn't look like anything from the show at all.

Edited by kiwisoup

They must've really increased the capacity for the Passholder nights. 40 minutes in and I've only done one house (TWD). In line for Purge now and the full event will be open by the time I get out. 

Oh oh and they are allowing Express to be used during the Passholder hour too. 

Edited by marc
  • Like 1