HHN 25 Discussion

So excited for tonight!! Can't wait to see reviews for everything and tons of video/pictures as well! Even though I am going next week, I still will spoil it for myself. Its a totally different experience seeing it in pictures/video than it is in person.

To all the scareactors working this year on the forums: Have an amazing first night! Your going to kill it!

Edited by Badge
  • Like 3

You don't celebrate like a birthday. The first event counts as 1 and the 92 event counts as 2 and so on and so forth. So it's the 25th.

Ah, cause I know the park is currently celebrating their 25 years and they opened in 1990, and it's odd that they celebrate hhn as 25 years also despite opening a year later in '91.

It's just odd is all. I didn't even think about it until I saw the merch. But I guess that makes sense. 

Edited by MissBA

do you think universal will make any allowances for filming inside the houses this year, for media?

Hopefully. Last year media got to film inside some houses but could not release a full video and could only show clips from inside the houses. I wish they would go back to the time when they allowed certain media and popular Youtubers to film the full house because it let me see what I was getting myself into and then when the event was over, let me experience the houses from home again. You would think they would have no problem with this for the Original houses. I could see maybe some restrictions on the IP houses but Hollywood has been letting filming happen for awhile now with no issues.

Hopefully. Last year media got to film inside some houses but could not release a full video and could only show clips from inside the houses. I wish they would go back to the time when they allowed certain media and popular Youtubers to film the full house because it let me see what I was getting myself into and then when the event was over, let me experience the houses from home again. You would think they would have no problem with this for the Original houses. I could see maybe some restrictions on the IP houses but Hollywood has been letting filming happen for awhile now with no issues.

Even when Universal allowed filming, I'm fairly certain they had to approve the released footage. That's why we never had a full walk through video. But one of the Mods can confirm how that worked.

• Like 1

Even when Universal allowed filming, I'm fairly certain they had to approve the released footage. That's why we never had a full walk through video. But one of the Mods can confirm how that worked.

I don't think Universal had to approve the released footage, they just had to approve who was allowed to film. 

In 2012 and 2013, Inside the Magic, Attractions Mag. and a bunch of other popular Orlando vloggers (and media) with YouTube channels (Tim Tracker, Discoliz, etc) were invited to a special YouTube Media Night and were given permission to film EVERY house from both of those years. All those videos got released (some didn't film them all, but they could) and can be seen still on YouTube. 

Last year was the first year in a while that filming inside of houses was a big no-no for everybody including media and popular YouTubers. Before last year, they still didn't let guests film, but media was normally allowed. Even back during HHN 20, some media were allowed to film the lights on tour and release the full house with the lights on. 

A part of me really wishes they would professionally film every house, scarezone and show that was allowed (not bill and ted of course) and release them when the event was over. This would be a great way for Universal to show off their hard work forever without spoiling the event for people since they would release them when the houses were never going to be seen again. Heck, I would pay $10-15 for a digital copy of the recorded houses if they didn't want to release them on YouTube. Being able to experience the event again after it is over is a lot of fun and it's a shame its so hard to do. I would love to see Dollhouse again! 

• Like 3

just some of the comments from tonight:

RUN:  very 80s-ish, only an ok house so far

Body Collectors:  beautiful facade, very scary

Monsters and Mayhem: lengthy, scary, plenty of nods to the past, all over the place

Alice: slightly above average 3d house, cool effects

• Like 2

just some of the comments from tonight:

RUN:  very 80s-ish, only an ok house so far

Body Collectors:  beautiful facade, very scary

Monsters and Mayhem: lengthy, scary, plenty of nods to the past, all over the place

Alice: slightly above average 3d house, cool effects

Hopefully they can adjust fire and make some improvements on the RUN house, but I'm glad to hear that everything else is great. Hopefully the weather is holding up for you, its been storming all day here in Miami

Some spoilery (kinda) type comments about tonight from what I have read and saw on twitter/periscope. While I don't directly reveal anything, even general thoughts about certain elements might be to much for some so going to hide it. 

1) Purge is a mess and according to some seems very unprofessional/unfinished/not HHN standards

2) The reason Despicable Me is closed (as I guessed a while back) is because the queue is being used for M&M tonight. Speaking of M&M, it is getting GREAT reviews.

3) According to Tim Tracker on twitter "The opening of Bill and Ted has been the highlight of my life". Also seems to be getting great reviews. However, some people have the opposite feeling towards the opening with Orlando Informer giving the opening a 1/5. Guess it is up to personal taste.

4) The Jack show looks amazing. Went into more detail and spoilers from the Periscope I watched in The Carnage Returns thread.

5) In general, the scarezones are getting a LOT of praise for the "show moments" that happen. 

6) Overall, besides TWD and Purge, the houses have been getting outstanding reviews with Alice being called the best 3D house people have ever seen!

7) The new special drink for this year, which sounded disgusting when the list of stuff they tossed into was revealed, apparently tastes worst than it sounds with one person saying it tastes like actual vomit.

• Like 1

Some spoilery (kinda) type comments about tonight from what I have read and saw on twitter/periscope. While I don't directly reveal anything, even general thoughts about certain elements might be to much for some so going to hide it. 

Hidden Content

I've heard everything about Purge from it being as you described to being incredibly over the top intense. I feel I will need to make the walkthrough myself, because I'm not seeing a gen consensus with Purge.
  • Like 1

Hidden Content

This is true with almost everything with this event. It really depends on what scares you. The two things I have heard that personally make me feel like it is not up to standards is the use of tarps for some walls and the fact that the arena is very small. Yes it is in a tent house, but it shouldn't have been included if they were not able to make it large. It is an arena after all.

Also, it apparently still has a LOT of stuff left over from Scream including a drew barrymore look alike mannequin. On the plus side, the guy from the SZ last year that had the mic welcoming you to the Purge is in the queue...with this mic...welcoming you to the Purge. The facade on the other hand is a total coverup of what used to be a house facade. It's just a giant flag on big squares of plywood that cover the roof and windows with some flashing red lights on it. 

Still going to go into it and will judge it afterwards, but it seems to be really unfinished and not normal HHN standards regardless of how fun or scary people find it. Granted they had like a month to toss it together so I can't hate on it to much. They did the best they could and will probably keep working on it for the next week or so.

• Like 2

B&T has also been crazy tonight. They were filling up the holding area for the midnight showing tonight over an hour before the show started! 

Here were the wait times posted around 11:00pm:

• M&M -- 10 minutes! (first house people come to is normally packed at the start and dies out in the evening)
  • AWIL -- 45 minutes
  • FvJ -- 120 minutes
  • Body -- 30 minutes
  • Run -- 60 minutes
  • Insidious -- 120 minutes
  • Purge -- 60 minutes
  • TWD -- 60 minutes
  • Alice -- 60 minutes

Employee preview night is normally always packed and I would consider it a "peak" night. It is still not a sold out event night. Wait times are still going to be well into 90+ minutes for most houses on most peak nights with the normal dips from time to time. I plan on hitting FvJ or Insidious first and then hit the other houses when the time goes down which always happens. The opening rush is always crazy but non-IP houses fall in wait times rather quickly most nights. 

• Like 1

One thing I keep hearing is that FvJ has by FAR the longest wait times, and has been that way throughout the whole event. Except for the 900 minute TWD wait :P

B&T has also been crazy tonight. They were filling up the holding area for the midnight showing tonight over an hour before the show started! 

Here were the wait times posted around 11:00pm:

• M&M -- 10 minutes! (first house people come to is normally packed at the start and dies out in the evening)
  • AWIL -- 45 minutes
  • FvJ -- 120 minutes
  • Body -- 30 minutes
  • Run -- 60 minutes
  • Insidious -- 120 minutes
  • Purge -- 60 minutes
  • TWD -- 60 minutes
  • Alice -- 60 minutes

Employee preview night is normally always packed and I would consider it a "peak" night. It is still not a sold out event night. Wait times are still going to be well into 90+ minutes for most houses on most peak nights with the normal dips from time to time. I plan on hitting FvJ or Insidious first and then hit the other houses when the time goes down which always happens. The opening rush is always crazy but non-IP houses fall in wait times rather quickly most nights. 

if Freddy vs Jason is going to have lines like that, then by Halloween Horror Nights marketing standards it should come back next year right? 
I haven't seen the house and I am already hoping FvJ replaces walking dead lol....
(im still hoping avp shows up again as well)

Edited by clash
  • Like 1

Does anyone save their Express pass for later in the night? Tomorrow is my first time going with one and I'm wondering if I should wait until the lines are really bad to use it. Usually the wait times aren't that bad right when the event starts.

• Like 1

Does anyone save their Express pass for later in the night? Tomorrow is my first time going with one and I'm wondering if I should wait until the lines are really bad to use it. Usually the wait times aren't that bad right when the event starts.

Absolutely.  If you plan on being there for the night, try to do as many houses as you can when lines are not that long of a wait.  Give yourself the best opportunity to do houses multiple times.  I'll be there tomorrow as well.  Between the weather and generally lower crowds for opening night, it's a good night to save the EP until lines are an hour plus.

Absolutely.  If you plan on being there for the night, try to do as many houses as you can when lines are not that long of a wait.  Give yourself the best opportunity to do houses multiple times.  I'll be there tomorrow as well.  Between the weather and generally lower crowds for opening night, it's a good night to save the EP until lines are an hour plus.

Yeah, last year I made the mistake of using Express when lines weren't long on some houses. This year I plan on using it only when lines are over 30 minutes.

• Like 1

Yep. I won't wait over 30 minutes for any attraction.  It's time taken away from scarezones and people watching.  Normally I know which houses I want to hit twice and end up using express on them later.  TWD and Purge sound like the houses I will use express on regardless of wait times. 

• Like 1

Yep. I won't wait over 30 minutes for any attraction.  It's time taken away from scarezones and people watching.  Normally I know which houses I want to hit twice and end up using express on them later.  TWD and Purge sound like the houses I will use express on regardless of wait times. 

True.  I don't know why I typed waiting for an hour plus line.  No way I'm waiting that long either.  Maybe if I was just doing 1 night all season.  But I'd just use EP and have other nights to do more houses. 

Did anyone attending last night go in Insidious?  Haven't heard anything about that and I'm really interested to hear how it was.