HHN 25 Discussion

Sorry if anyone else has asked (I didnt see it) or if I am just being ignorant, but I know it starts at 6:30 does nayone know where it states the closing nights? I even searched my tickets and its not stated there.

Thanks Yall!

You can go to the main website. Under the top menu bar there's a button on the right that says "buy tickets" with a calendar picture. Click that and it'll take you to the calendar and you can select the dates on the calendar and it'll automatically display the times the park opens and closes for the night.

• Like 1

kind annoyed by this but, if true, at least it will only be raining early on in the night. I'm going to try and do updates on my page that night. But I'll be moving fast so we'll see what I can get to.

I knew it.  I should never have posted the outlook last week that showed 20% chance of rain for Friday.  But...I did say that would likely change by the next day, and it definitely did.

You can go to the main website. Under the top menu bar there's a button on the right that says "buy tickets" with a calendar picture. Click that and it'll take you to the calendar and you can select the dates on the calendar and it'll automatically display the times the park opens and closes for the night.

Except I used to have this button but it changed a while back to say "Buy Express" and takes me right to the express page. No longer does that big calendar appear. Thankfully I studied it before it disappeared on my so I know the event runs from 6:30-1am three nights I am there and 6:30-2am two nights I am there.

I still think it is a horrible design not to include an "Event Hours" section.

• Like 1

Except I used to have this button but it changed a while back to say "Buy Express" and takes me right to the express page. No longer does that big calendar appear. Thankfully I studied it before it disappeared on my so I know the event runs from 6:30-1am three nights I am there and 6:30-2am two nights I am there.

How odd, it stills shows it for me (wouldn't have remembered it otherwise)

Why isn't it consistent, that just makes it harder/confusing. It was already confusing enough like you said, to not have a specific link to the hours. 

Yes, they've been all over the place on that.  Kind of an important detail one would think.  But as you made mention, when it was last functional, I saw that all non-peak nights closed at 1am and peak nights 2am with the exception of this weekend which had shown midnight closing.  Whether that's since changed, who knows.

Yes, they've been all over the place on that.  Kind of an important detail one would think.  But as you made mention, when it was last functional, I saw that all non-peak nights closed at 1am and peak nights 2am with the exception of this weekend which had shown midnight closing.  Whether that's since changed, who knows.

From the UO team newsletter, the 18th and 19th show the park closing at 1am. The 18th-1st, 4th, 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th-1st of Nov all close at 1am. All other nights close at 2am. Granted, this is from the same newsletter that first said the Run house exited by MIB so it might not be 100% correct. 

• Like 1

I like it on the fact he doesn't give away super duper top secret spoilers but it's still informative and enthusiastic, but he's informative in a way that doesn't just regurgitate the news articles in video form that states the same things over and over but doesn't spoil things with "new" information and provides a little bit of history about each topic. 

Edited by MissBA

For some of the newer fans:

when the schedule says the park opens at 6:30, it means that's when the event is officially open, and all houses/rides/zones are open. However, the gates will always open between 6-6:10, permitting no troubles arise. At this point, at least 6-7 of the houses will be open. And there will be a crowd of a thousand or more hording that gate by that time, so if you really want to be in the park AT open, your best bet is to get there at 5 and just wait. Standing there for an hour to do most/all houses with minimal waits is very worth it with the way wait times at HHN skyrocket.

• Like 3

It's cool to have something but not really like the previous games at all. BUT it shows games are still a possibility.

Honestly, who knows anymore what they will or wont do. They are definitely pulling out all the stops this year. The real question is will the keep it going or go back to the status quo next year?

I've been very unhappy with the build up and delivery method... But honestly it wont matter once you walk in the gate and who the hell really cares what a bunch of whiny fanboys think anyway?

Interactive websites are a thing of the past because Flash is no longer an industry standard (thanks Jobs!) and HTML 5 just can't do what flash can... But it runs on apple phones.  Of course it's no excuse for how sad the sites look but... apparently it works for them. Far be it from me to tell them how to make money. It makes sense for them though. They've passed the point of having to entice people with awesome stories and cool atmosphere. The event is so big, so well known, and so successful they don't care if you keep coming back to the site.  It's just there to buy tickets and give you a brief overview.

My only real concern is that it will just be so ridiculously slammed pack I'm going to have a miserable time. I guess we'll see Friday. Here's to a great opening night!

• Like 9

believe it or not I actually took that picture on my way home from work and posted here and here only. 

There's some snakes in the grass...

I apologize.  TPJ posted it on Twitter (not giving credit).  I assumed it was his, since he complains about pictures he takes and not getting credit for them. Again, sorry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DocrMPMsyQo&ab_channel=VisitOrlando

I assume the room with the good smell and fireplace will be for the storyteller? 

How in the heck do they pull off that Gothic room where it looks like it is WAY below you? Will this house be two stories tall and we will be on the 2nd floor looking down into that or is it some impressive mirror trick like maybe it is in the hanging upside down above use and a mirror is what gives it that depth of field?

The next video in the Visit Orlando series takes a look inside M&M and also a quick look at how the masks are made. MAJOR spoilers for M&M but not nearly as many as the last video that showed Insidious. This one only shows about 3 of the rooms plus Facade but man do they look amazing!

Edited by Badge
  • Like 2

Hidden Content

The next video in the Visit Orlando series takes a look inside M&M and also a quick look at how the masks are made. MAJOR spoilers for M&M but not nearly as many as the last video that showed Insidious. This one only shows about 3 of the rooms plus Facade but man do they look amazing!

That looks amazing!

Also, Leave it to Cleaver is confirmed to have some part in the event. The one complaint I have is that they are using the same Jack mask from years past for his maze appearances with an updated paint job. A bit nitpicky, but I would've liked a brand new sculpt. But, hey, anything's better than the front gate Jack in 07.

This is a screen grab of the mask I am referring to:

image.thumb.jpg.812236b372edb42e5788e4f8

Edited by YouDontKnowJack
Forgot to spoiler tag.

That looks amazing!  The one complaint I have is that they are using the same Jack mask from years past for his maze appearances with an updated paint job. A bit nitpicky, but I would've liked a brand new sculpt. But, hey, anything's better than the front gate Jack in 07.

Well since this house is a 25 years of HHN blast from the past anniversary house. Using a mask from past years is to be expected right? I find it a cool thing to learn about. I'd rather have some old/new rather than all 100% new. Especially in an anniversary house. 

Edited by MissBA
cut out image and edited out a spoiler in quote I guess

Guest kiwisoup

That looks amazing! It looks like we have Leave it to Cleaver confirmed as a scene, too. The one complaint I have is that they are using the same Jack mask from years past for his maze appearances with an updated paint job. A bit nitpicky, but I would've liked a brand new sculpt. But, hey, anything's better than the front gate Jack in 07.

image.jpg

They did say M&M would take you through the progression of Jack in his different forms at the media preview event...we will probably see  the regular, ringleader, and new versions of Jack in the house.