HHN 25 Discussion

I'm not sure what the busy "hell week" times are, since I'm not local.  But last year I went on the 18th and was able to hit every house at least twice with enough time to drink in between.  So the crowds are fine as long as you work with it smartly.  This year I'm going on the 10th and 11th: anyone know if the crowds around that time are expected to be horrible?

Generally Hell Week corresponds with when local schools are out. The week of the 18th this year. 10/10 should be relatively fine (even a slow night is still busy these days), 10/11 may be busy if it's UCF Night. Not sure if that's been announced yet.

how do yall think the crowds will be on the 30th and 31st never been that late in oct before, also considering getting express for the 30th do you think it will be needed?? ive never seen diagon before so kinda glad its open

The crowds at the event have definitely shifted in the past 3 - 5 years, making this that much harder to predict.  That said, my guess based on 14 years of going...

10/30--Slammed. Everyone with a FFP+, which seems like a good chunk of APs, will be here that night. Much of the general population will pick this night, too, because of everything going on the next night.  If the 25th is as good as we all seem to think it will be, I predict a relatively early sell-out this night, announced by mid-week.  I think Express will be necessary, and even then, get there early.

10/31--A wild card.  Traditionally, 6 - 7 years ago, Saturday HHNs were slow. Too much else going on around town--every bar has a costume contest (Wall St. for real money), kids want to trick-or-treat, plenty of people throw house parties. But the crowds have become so big not sure that applies anymore.  I think the key will be whether FFP restrictions are lifted. If I had to bet, I'd say crazy busy but not quite a sell-out.

• Like 2

Does anybody know the start times for Cast A and Cast B on the 1am closings and the 2am closings? Also, isn't it 45 minutes on and 45 minutes off? I would like to experience each cast. Plus, it also helps avoid entering a house right during a cast change.

Cast A: 5:45-6:30, 7:15-8, 8:45-9:30, 10:15-11, 11:45-12:30, 1:15-2

6-6:45, 7:30-8:15, 9-9:45, 10:30-11:15, 12-12:45, 1:30-2

6:30-7:15, 8-8:45, 9:30-10:15, 11-11:45, 12:30-1:15

Just depends on when the house opens, but those should be correct. All 45 minute intervals between each time is cast B. Take off the last shift off the 5:45 and 6pm opening houses, and that's the hours for a 1am close.

• Like 2

So, it seems like the stage is going back up today for Jack's show. Even more is being added than it had before. What's crazy to me is that it is going on during the day. From the pictures I have seen on Twitter, it looks like a full size 18 wheeler trailer is parked on the street and it looks like the road is totally blocked off so the only way to get from Transformers to say the Horror Make Up show is to go through Mel's. Haven't seen a picture yet to see if the whole rode is blocked off so it's impossible to get to ET without going around the whole park or if they kept a small portion of the street open to pass through.

If I had to guess, they want this stage done today so they can start full scale dress rehearsals after the park closes tonight. That would give them three evenings before they show premiers during the preview on Wed. 

• Like 1

IGN: There is a Crimson Peak presence at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal in Orlando as well this year, right? Did you talk to the team there about a maze?

Del Toro: We didn’t talk about the maze but we did talk about things that would be exclusive to Orlando like a make up effects and wardrobe exhibition. They’re going to have some of the wardrobe from the movie, which is quite beautiful and powerful. The movie has a level of visual and audio design of high caliber and beauty. They wanted to showcase some of the craftsmanship of the wardrobe and the displays and stuff like that. 

• Like 2

IGN: There is a Crimson Peak presence at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal in Orlando as well this year, right? Did you talk to the team there about a maze?

Del Toro: We didn’t talk about the maze but we did talk about things that would be exclusive to Orlando like a make up effects and wardrobe exhibition. They’re going to have some of the wardrobe from the movie, which is quite beautiful and powerful. The movie has a level of visual and audio design of high caliber and beauty. They wanted to showcase some of the craftsmanship of the wardrobe and the displays and stuff like that. 

There I made this legible. I wonder if this is a new display at Horror and Make-up? If so, maybe it will be up longer than just for HHN?

Oops, sorry for posting it like that. Saw it on the IGN website and didn't thinking about it not being legible after pasting it. 

Interesting tidbit on CP wardrobe.  I don't know what to make of that.  If they are in fact using costumes, would anyone really know, especially if never reading your post?  It would literally have to be a set exhibition with signs notating what's being shown.  I guess we'll see how that plays out.

I was sooooooooooooooo hoping for a return to the $10 upcharge VIP thing they had at XX.  That was amazing with the history of the event and scareactors just passing trough now and then.  Thought for sure they'd have it for 25...but obviously not.  But maybe we'll get some kind of free "museum" type thing that includes the Crimson Peak stuff as an exhibit.

EDIT:  After thinking about it for a couple minutes, that wasn't a ticketed event.  You just had to show up that day (I think) and buy a wristband to come back later.  So I guess I can still hold out hope that it returns :)  

Edited by Oysterhead00

Please, if you post pictures from any social media outlet that is not yours please give credit with a link.

Also, do not post any thing (photos and/or links) from Theme Park Junkie as we've had some past issues.

Thanks.

believe it or not I actually took that picture on my way home from work and posted here and here only. 

There's some snakes in the grass...

• Like 1

I'll never understand why people get bent out of shape over some picture they just point and clicked. No imaginative framing, angles, or composition, Not even their props... whatever I guess.

But I went back and apparently I missed a credit for yesterday's construction pics. Corrected and added more.

Also, do not post any thing (photos and/or links) from Theme Park Junkie as we've had some past issues.

Thanks.

I'll never understand why people get bent out of shape over some picture they just point and clicked. No imaginative framing, angles, or composition, Not even their props... whatever I guess.

But I went back and apparently I missed a credit for yesterday's construction pics. Corrected and added more.

I could care less about the picture. I'm no photographer. I was more so covering my own bases and trying to point out to @_mz that they probably lurk this site for all their info.

I could care less about the picture. I'm no photographer. I was more so covering my own bases and trying to point out to @_mz that they probably lurk this site for all their info.

Oh I didn't mean you I just meant in general. I go and take/post pics all the time. I remember the issues we had with them... and some I ran into with other people. I love when people slap their logo on picture that Universal themselves took. >.<
I usually try to be creative in my composition. But even so... it's just a silly picture I took at a theme park. A shout out for credit is great but I'm not losing sleep over the losers who feel the need to take credit for pics I took.

But even so... it's just a silly picture I took at a theme park. A shout out for credit is great but I'm not losing sleep over the losers who feel the need to take credit for pics I took.

Nightcrawlers of the HHN community haha it's amazing what some people would do for a few retweets on Twitter.

Back on topic. Yea HHN25 begins in a few days! 300 and so odd days of waiting has finally concluded. I think everyone deserves a round of applause for making it through.

:timewarp:

Edited by marmoset
  • Like 12

Back on topic. Yea HHN25 begins in a few days! 300 and so odd days of waiting has finally concluded. I think everyone deserves a round of applause for making it through.

The week leading up to opening night is always surreal.  All these speculation months/days and discussion and now it's starting in just a couple days.  Work on Friday is going to drag as I'll be counting the hours to get out and get this party started!

• Like 3