HHN 25 Discussion

For whatever reason, last year while waiting to go in G&G, I decided to actually read the full disclaimer sign outside the house entrance.  I've always known cameras weren't allowed in the houses, never bothered reading those signs to know that.  So at this time, I notice it specifically said no flash photography.  I then proceeded to get into a light argument with the security guard on how the sign says nothing about no flash, so I should be able to go no flash.  At that point, he too apparently never fully read it and just said: look, all I know is you can't film or take pictures.

Ahhhh that really sucks. I just want one clip that's maybe 5-6 seconds long in Freddy vs Jason so I may risk it since I've been waiting for this maze for 9 years. But thanks for the advice, besides that attempt I'll keep my phone in my pocket and just enjoy the event. 

In the photography tips thread, I've read people talking about using external flashes on their DSLRs, is that acceptable? That's the one thing that Hollywoods event doesn't allow at all. A flash goes off out in the scarezones and they're on you real quick. 

Sidenote: I can't wait for the coverage of today's media night!!! 

In the photography tips thread, I've read people talking about using external flashes on their DSLRs, is that acceptable? That's the one thing that Hollywoods event doesn't allow at all. A flash goes off out in the scarezones and they're on you real quick. 

Maybe that's their offset to the no cameras in the houses:  here you can flash away all you want in the scare zones.  You'll notice some of our zones become photo op areas more than actual scare zones.  But the actors do a great job using your opportunity to take a picture as a perfect time to sneak up right behind you!

• Like 1

OK weird. That isn't Jack's shadow. And the laugh seems wrong. The shadow looks like Chance. But the voice is clearly a male.

Well the songs on the record are "Dinner of Two" and "Chance Encounter" (both by Jack Schmidt) so I'm gonna assume the shadow is her.

Also, the laugh sounds like Mark Hamill's Joker..

Edited by marc

And now for something completely different:

We have nine houses for the anniversary year with one of them in an all new location and a current location leaving.  I heard from someone last year that with all the construction going on Universal has been working to make sure the event stays within the studios and does not spill over into IOA.

I am curious, given this information, if that means next year we will be back to an eight house event with the Shrek theater becoming a permanent house location?

They could justify it as the extra house was only because it was an anniversary year and that they never intended to keep the house count at nine.  Heck, if Diagon opens up the ninth house is going to pale in capacity comparison to having access to that section of the park.

If this ends up being the case, I withdraw any argument I have made for houses from the past coming back exactly as they were and hope we have no more scene for scene repeat houses.

So last year I was testing out the slow mo recording on my iPhone during HHN last year in Hollywood and managed to get a few great clips of scares that utilized a strobe. If I were have my phone out in a maze in Orlando, would they immediately tell me to put it away or would it be fine as long as I don't have the flash on? If I were to have it out and someone said something, worst thing that could happen is they say put it away right? Or could I get kicked out of the maze?

I don't know if it was 100% true but I was talking to a girl who worked in attractions for HHN last year for the houses. I guess the black shirt people? 

And she said that they had the authority to take the phone and delete pictures if they were used in the house and once security got involved. Like, I still don't know if anybody has authority do take someones phone or camera and delete the photos but that's what she said. I take her story with a grain of salt but if they don't want you taking photos or videos in there it could very well be true?

But it could be them protecting their ideas and what not so the exact details can't be duplicated elsewhere with competition or something. 

(Plus flash in dark spaces is always a no-no regardless)

• Like 2

Really sick commercial! Now that's like the old days. Love seeing the properties actually appear like they used to. I always remember the commercial where Chucky popped up out of the popcorn machine with "Lets all go to the lobby" playing. Wish the Body Collectors had been in one the cages because it would have totally fit. I know it was rumored that they had to cut Ghostface but extremely stoked with what we got.

Definitely the best one in years.

Edited by somebody85

And now for something completely different:

We have nine houses for the anniversary year with one of them in an all new location and a current location leaving.  I heard from someone last year that with all the construction going on Universal has been working to make sure the event stays within the studios and does not spill over into IOA.

I am curious, given this information, if that means next year we will be back to an eight house event with the Shrek theater becoming a permanent house location?

They could justify it as the extra house was only because it was an anniversary year and that they never intended to keep the house count at nine.  Heck, if Diagon opens up the ninth house is going to pale in capacity comparison to having access to that section of the park.

If this ends up being the case, I withdraw any argument I have made for houses from the past coming back exactly as they were and hope we have no more scene for scene repeat houses.

They mentioned possibly using the MIB Queue over on OU. 

EDIT: By the way, we have SZ Logos.

Edited by ForeverEvil1

I don't know if it was 100% true but I was talking to a girl who worked in attractions for HHN last year for the houses. I guess the black shirt people? 

And she said that they had the authority to take the phone and delete pictures if they were used in the house and once security got involved. Like, I still don't know if anybody has authority do take someones phone or camera and delete the photos but that's what she said. I take her story with a grain of salt but if they don't want you taking photos or videos in there it could very well be true?

But it could be them protecting their ideas and what not so the exact details can't be duplicated elsewhere with competition or something. 

(Plus flash in dark spaces is always a no-no regardless)

You're filming proprietary designs created by a private company during a private event. By purchasing a ticket and going through the turnstiles, you agree to their terms. That includes no filming, and they can absolutely take your camera or phone.

• Like 8

You're filming proprietary designs created by a private company during a private event. By purchasing a ticket and going through the turnstiles, you agree to their terms. That includes no filming, and they can absolutely take your camera or phone.

Well it looks like there might be some truth to her story then. Sooo yeah. Maybe it's best to read warnings and not film because your device might be confiscated to remove images/videos. I couldn't see TM's having that much authority but again anything is possible. Especially in todays struggle with technology. 

So moral: Read signs, don't film unless you know it's 100% okay and really..... Just experience the moment. Things are less scary looking through a view finder anyways.