HHN 25 Discussion

If they really are opening Diagon and Gringotts they could totally close Simpsons as well lol, just close it and have one of the hordes stand in front of the ride (the clown with chainsaws one) That would actually be really cool :D

I'm hoping they decorate Springfield into a Treehouse of Horror theme one year. Sure, it wouldn't be as scary as the rest of HHN, but it would still look pretty cool.

• Like 1

We have a new contest up and running.

Win a copy of the Unofficial Guide to Halloween Horror Nights 2015 Edition!

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/2015/09/halloween-horror-nights-25-unofficial-guide-to-hhn-contest/

just sent in my submission. Oh hope I'm a lucky winner. Not gunna lie, even tho I won't be attending, I'm still looking forward to some of the event this year. Mostly the Run house because I am a big Running Man fan and that's basically what the house sounds like. Can't wait for the full commercial!

I'm hoping they decorate Springfield into a Treehouse of Horror theme one year. Sure, it wouldn't be as scary as the rest of HHN, but it would still look pretty cool.

it would be cool to have all the actors either wearing Simpsons masks or yellow paint 

there are.... different plans for the area this year. But I'm  kinda torn on the idea of a tree house of horrors. It's not really scary but could be cool to see.

• Like 1

Yes, I would suggest staying away from Twitter, Facebook, Periscope, Instagram or anything like that for the next week.  I can hide stuff here, but not anywhere else.  Media preview is tomorrow night, then next Wednesday you'll have employee preview. 

• Like 8

We will be attending the media preview tomorrow night.  Make sure you follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Periscope and watch for updates during the night starting around 7:30PM.

hhn25-mp.jpg

could you post spoilers for the people who cant attend, but still want to know whats in the houses? 

• Like 1

So last year I was testing out the slow mo recording on my iPhone during HHN last year in Hollywood and managed to get a few great clips of scares that utilized a strobe. If I were have my phone out in a maze in Orlando, would they immediately tell me to put it away or would it be fine as long as I don't have the flash on? If I were to have it out and someone said something, worst thing that could happen is they say put it away right? Or could I get kicked out of the maze?

there are.... different plans for the area this year. But I'm  kinda torn on the idea of a tree house of horrors. It's not really scary but could be cool to see.

it could be the photo op zone, like Face Off  was (not scary but with cool costumes.) 

So last year I was testing out the slow mo recording on my iPhone during HHN last year in Hollywood and managed to get a few great clips of scares that utilized a strobe. If I were have my phone out in a maze in Orlando, would they immediately tell me to put it away or would it be fine as long as I don't have the flash on? If I were to have it out and someone said something, worst thing that could happen is they say put it away right? Or could I get kicked out of the maze?

I wouldn't reccomend it. While you may not be kicked out of the maze, you WILL be yelled at. Hollywood is much more relaxed about photography. It really sucks, but that's how it is. I've never attempted it myself, but I have witnessed others attempt filming. Hell, I saw some guy get yelled out for taking his phone out during Bill and Ted last year.

Edited by YouDontKnowJack
  • Like 1

Yeah I recorded the houses from '08 using a pin hole camera in my hat that was B&W .003 lux. No one said anything to me. But , another year I just had a red led on an audio recorder I had in my hand and they jump up one side and down the other. If they THINK you are recording they will stop you and make you turn it off. B&T is worse because they don't want to be sued... Even though the parody law covers what they do.

• Like 1

We have a new contest up and running.

Win a copy of the Unofficial Guide to Halloween Horror Nights 2015 Edition!

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/2015/09/halloween-horror-nights-25-unofficial-guide-to-hhn-contest/

Ah that's so cool of you guys!  I'd enter this contest, but being the total nerd that I am, I bought this book the day it went on sale.  LOL  I will be reading it on the plane on the way down for our first weekend at HHN.. 22 days from now.. (seems like forever)

Please - let's have speculation on the fact that the event is only 10 days away, and there is still no commercial.  What the hell is going on?  Did they have Scream in it and have to re-do it or what?  

For whatever reason, last year while waiting to go in G&G, I decided to actually read the full disclaimer sign outside the house entrance.  I've always known cameras weren't allowed in the houses, never bothered reading those signs to know that.  So at this time, I notice it specifically said no flash photography.  I then proceeded to get into a light argument with the security guard on how the sign says nothing about no flash, so I should be able to go no flash.  At that point, he too apparently never fully read it and just said: look, all I know is you can't film or take pictures.

• Like 3