HHN 25 Discussion

Quick question. For the Unmasking the Horror tour, booking it online and selecting the date/time is enough correct? I don't need to call to confirm the date or anything, right? Just go to the will call kiosk, print out the tour tickets and head to the tour location. Where is the tour location at anyway? Never done a tour before at Universal so a little confused how it all works. Really looking forward to doing the Unmasking tour! Regretted not doing it last year and I am not making that mistake again this year!

Uhm....Does that say Run exits "Across from MIB gear" .... that's gotta be a mistake right? or are you gonna have to walk around the back of Diagon Ally and Bill and Ted?

Yeah that's why I said there were mistakes. It's normal. 

-The entrance to Body Collectors (D) is in the NY area....but the text on the map incorrectly lists "Next to Kids Zone Stage" as the entrance.

-The exit for Run: Blood, Sweat and Fears (E) will be in the San Francisco area. The text incorrectly lists "Across from MIB Gear" as the exit.

-Not sure about The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead exit.....B79 usually exits back in KidZone. This is either a change or typo.

Guest kiwisoup

Looking at the map, it looks like the Evil's Roots scarezone includes the central park area as well since the yellow goes through all the side paths as well as the main road. Even the description of the area mentions the paths. Hopefully it turns out to be turn! More areas to explore.

I wouldn't read into the map...I looked at 24's map and the boundaries for the scare zones are exactly the same as last year other than All Nite Die-In - Double Feature obviously.

With the 2004 hint.... Think what every house had... but rarely has now.

As for the roaming hoards:

What is Halloween Horror Nights like without the chainsaw-wielding roaming hordes? Not that great. For the 25th Anniversary of the event, Wallace said we will see the return of the Chainsaw Drill Team and Prisoners. And for those of you out there who are afraid of clowns and loud noises, you’ll also want to avoid the third roaming horde comprising of clowns with chainsaws. Good luck!

So Yes the women are a roaming hoard, But no details if they will have the saws. My guess is no with the clowns having them. But who knows maybe all three hoards will. *shrugs*

Edited by JDW

With the 2004 hint.... Think what every house had... but rarely has now.

As for the roaming hoards:

So Yes the women are a roaming hoard, But no details if they will have the saws. My guess is no with the clowns having them. But who knows maybe all three hoards will. *shrugs*

From what Wallace said, the clowns WILL have chainsaws: "And for those of you out there who are afraid of clowns and loud noises, you’ll also want to avoid the third roaming horde comprising of clowns WITH chainsaws"

From the way it is worded, it sounds like all three hordes will have chainsaws. Maybe not every single member of the horde like the Chainsaw Drill Team, but I think each horde will have at least a few with chainsaws.

How do hordes work? Never been with them. Are they free to roam the entire park (except shops, restaurants, ride queues, and bathrooms)? Is it possible to see a roaming horde inside another scarezone? Last year (my first year) was fun because I could let my guard down and not have to worry about getting scared. I was a big chicken (still am, but last year helped) and knowing I had some "safe" areas was a big help. Now I have to be on the lookout all the time. Clowns and chainsaws are my two biggest fears so putting them together is not going to be a fun mix.

• Like 2

Only thing I can think of for the 04 hint is queue videos. People have been complaining about the lack of them in recent years, and they tested some out at the end of the event last year. I'd definitely welcome that. 

Other than that, I didn't attend until 05 so I've no idea. 

• Like 5

Guest kiwisoup

Only thing I can think of for the 04 hint is queue videos. People have been complaining about the lack of them in recent years, and they tested some out at the end of the event last year. I'd definitely welcome that. 

Other than that, I didn't attend until 05 so I've no idea. 

What did they add last year exactly?  

Quick question. For the Unmasking the Horror tour, booking it online and selecting the date/time is enough correct? I don't need to call to confirm the date or anything, right? Just go to the will call kiosk, print out the tour tickets and head to the tour location. Where is the tour location at anyway? Never done a tour before at Universal so a little confused how it all works. Really looking forward to doing the Unmasking tour! Regretted not doing it last year and I am not making that mistake again this year!

I'm curious as well.  In the past it's just been really informal.  You go to the VIP room, ring the doorbell (it's always locked) and they just look for your names on a list.  I always had my email confirmation printed out and they never took it.  Now that you actually book online and can select "kiosk" I'd imagine you get some kind of ticket...but if the past is any indication, you just need to show up and say your name and don't need any ID or anything.

Holy cow that map is filled with errors. 4 houses end across from MIB gear? Honestly I would think Insidious would be the correct exit location and the other 3 are incorrect considering they are nowhere nearby. 

I hope they manage to catch all of this before the guest maps come out. Otherwise that'll be embarrassing. 

• Like 2

Holy cow that map is filled with errors. 4 houses end across from MIB gear? Honestly I would think Insidious would be the correct exit location and the other 3 are incorrect considering they are nowhere nearby. 

I hope they manage to catch all of this before the guest maps come out. Otherwise that'll be embarrassing. 

Tent 1 always exits by MIB.

Yes, the exits on that map are incredibly wrong, and it's pretty funny that it was allowed to happen, honestly. lol

Just so there's no confusion, these *should* be the entrances/exits:

Monsters and Mayhem: next to DM, where FDTD was; exit down the Rockit Stage Plaza

AWiL: Rockit Stage Plaza; exit there as well (these 2 may be switched)

FvJ: Twister; exit at the NY Library Facade

Body Collectors: enter/exit at the Library Facade

RUN: in Disaster, duh

Insidious: enter/exit next to MiB, as always

Purge: enter in KidZone, exit next to MiB

TWD: enter next to E.T., and I guess there's a possibility the house exits next to MiB as well, depending on where it enters/exits, but I reeeally doubt it. Should exit through KidZone like normal.

No reason to believe AiW is wrong, as they've never used the location before.

I also think there's a possibility for a few errors in the scarezone location highlights too. At least according to area decoration start/end. Could likely change as more props are still being brought in but..... Yeah.. Error galore. I do wish Jacks show is more prominant. That little blue dot could be easy to miss. I honestly thought they'd put the show in Beetlejuices's stage like Rocky Horror used to be.

Hopefully the team members will be well informed of the corrected issues before the event and given a correct map with the edits in them. Seems like they rushed this out before it was ready.

If I had to guess, maybe they plan on the line being long for the Anniversary house (currently entering right next to the ride) so they might need to use the DM queue as an overflow. Or, it might be something totally random like they don't want to keep the lights on to increase the effect of the scarezone literately right next to the outdoor queue or it will be open and they just are not promoting it like Gringotts (hopefully the rumor is true!) 

Or, it could be because in the 3 years it's been open for HHN, it's almost never gathered a line at all. Lol

I'd say maybe they decided against DM since Diagon and Gringotts will be open (there's too much info out there for this not to be true) and that's a lot of added labor/running costs, and since DM is completely a non-people eater, they decided to just close it. And maybe even use the queue. as Badge said, but I doubt it. 

I'd like for M&M to use the Rockit Plaza, as it's more deserving of the big plaza with the screen playing past HHN clips and stuff, since it's the landmark house this year.

And they can't use Beetlejuice for The Carnage Returns as there will be aerialists, and that's not very possible in that small theater.

• Like 2