HHN 25 Discussion

You said their marketing was better. This year they are marketing a story to go along with the event. They said the story didn't make much sense. I fail to see why you don't see the connection there.

it's not that I don't see the connection, I said its irrelevant. I wasn't talking the in depths, just that HOS has more, and I wished to see more from HHN. And not twenty four hours later, we got the commercial. (Whether it was officially at that time or not). 

I hope there is more to the commercial than that. Why did that take so long to come out? I'm not even sure this IS officially out... two weeks from the event. We had all those IPs two months ago and the last bit of the the sweepstakes video on August 26th ... Unless they had to remove the Scream ghost... But would he make all that much sense in there? Well I guess, if you think about it, Freddy and Jason don't make much sense in those cages either. But that's being nitpicky.

It's cool that they didn't recycle our HHN 24 commercial like Hollywood did this year. Still it's all about TWD again with a cameo from Jason and Freddy. I wasn't blown away by it but overall not bad.

• Like 3

I think the commercial is better than recent years, but it's nowhere near as good as the classic commercials. Not even close.

I don't get the vibe that this is a real icon year.

Of course the "classic" commercials were awesome, but this is a vast improvement over the recycled CRAP we've gotten the last couple of years.  I think this better illustrates more of the overall event instead just the stupid Walking Dead.  Personally, I think they short-changed themselves by making TWD such a focus over everything else previously.  HHN is so much more than one goddam house.  I'm glad to see the shift here, and I'm glad they stuck with Jack as a focus.  

As for an "icon year".. well, for those who never got to see  any of these, it is DEFINITELY an icon year - all of them at once.  Good for those who never got to see them, and great for us to see them again.  

If this commercial aired on tv already, why the hell hasn't it been officially posted?  What's going on?

• Like 2

I think the commercial is better than recent years, but it's nowhere near as good as the classic commercials. Not even close.

Of course the "classic" commercials were awesome, but this is a vast improvement over the recycled CRAP we've gotten the last couple of years.  I think this better illustrates more of the overall event instead just the stupid Walking Dead.  Personally, I think they short-changed themselves by making TWD such a focus over everything else previously.  HHN is so much more than one goddam house.  I'm glad to see the shift here, and I'm glad they stuck with Jack as a focus.  

As for an "icon year".. well, for those who never got to see  any of these, it is DEFINITELY an icon year - all of them at once.  Good for those who never got to see them, and great for us to see them again.  

If this commercial aired on tv already, why the hell hasn't it been officially posted?  What's going on?

I agree that this commercial is better than the past few years, but not quite what we have had in the past.

That being said, I am not sure if this qualifies as an icon year or a year with icons.  The first few icons really just served as a face and had their own house while the later icons tied the whole event together.  Depending upon how you look at things you could call it an early icon year or (if you are going by the later icons) just another year with icons present.

Whatever you define it as, I am happy to see the icons represented and really hope this means 2016 will have a new original icon that can become as well known as Jack.

I don't get how one can say this isn't an icon year. When Icons get their own street with their own killings, Jack (icon) gets his face around (not as much as you'd like I guess but he's still present on most advertising things in some form or another and I imagine it'll extend onto billboards and park maps when that time come). Jack (icon) gets his show again. Jack (icon) gets a house. There's a lot of focus on icons. I don't see why lack of advertisement of icons means icons don't exist or it isn't the year of the icons when there's obviously a street, a house, and a show dedicated to icons all in one year.

I've missed every icon under the sun and I'm thrilled most, if not all making a comeback all at once in some form. 

• Like 6

For all intents and purposes, it's an icon year.  We'll likely never again see something like we had during the true icon years.  But I'm going to enjoy this year's event to the damn fullest because there may not be any form of an icon again until the 30th anniversary, and maybe not even then.

I don't get how one can say this isn't an icon year. When Icons get their own street with their own killings, Jack (icon) gets his face around (not as much as you'd like I guess but he's still present on most advertising things in some form or another and I imagine it'll extend onto billboards and park maps when that time come). Jack (icon) gets his show again. Jack (icon) gets a house. There's a lot of focus on icons. I don't see why lack of advertisement of icons means icons don't exist or it isn't the year of the icons when there's obviously a street, a house, and a show dedicated to icons all in one year.

I've missed every icon under the sun and I'm thrilled most, if not all making a comeback all at once in some form.

I may not have explained why some are saying it is not an icon year well enough.  Earlier icon years the icons did not have such strong ties to every house and usually they had a house of their own and all the advertising.  They were still called icons, but they had not yet become the throughline that brought the whole event into one singular story.

Later icon years the icon story somehow tied every house and scarezone together.  Whether the tie was deep (Terra Cruentus and Bloody Mary) or shallow (Jack's Carnival of Carnage or The Usher) the icon somehow had some tie to every house and scarezone.  These are what most people refer to when they are talking about icon years.

Then in 20 and 21 there were icons but they ended up with just a scarezone a piece and (in the case of 20) had little to no ties to each house.

Depending upon what you consider an icon year to be depends upon how you see this year.

• Like 1

So I was driving on I4 today and noticed that they already have the billboard up! I don't know if anyone has already seen it or mentioned it, but I'm surprised that the billboard only displayed Jack (that's right, no Freddy, no Jason, NO WALKERS!). It looks really beautiful, it has those vanity mirror lights around Jack. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture, I was driving and by the time I reacted and told my sister to snap a picture it was too late! 

• Like 3

What do you mean you don't get the vibe that this is not a real icon year?

Jack has his own show plus there is a scarezone dedicated to the icons..... What else do you need to make it a real icon year?

• Like 1

What do you mean you don't get the vibe that this is not a real icon year?

Jack has his own show plus there is a scarezone dedicated to the icons..... What else do you need to make it a real icon year?

I guess technically any year that has an icon is an "Icon Year" per say. 

However they are not all an "Icon's Year" (take note of the possession. 

The traditional icon year was the back story around them, plus their own house and advertisement. Based upon what there have said. 

This year is not an Icon's Year. It is an ANNIVERSARY year. With icons featured. 

If that makes sense