HHN 25 Discussion

I was hoping for a bigger DrIvE-In along the lines of Horrorwood.  Considering the space and the queue exit in SF I suppose this will be good enough!   The zones are looking good this year, except Hollywood which at one point was the most elaborate each year... parade killed that and has been a photo op ever since!

• Like 3

Anyone know if that Dungeon of Terror sign is from DOT: Retold in 2006, or was it made specifically for the show?

I'm pretty sure it was made just for the show. The sign in 2006 was painted on a billboard and was much smaller. It could be the original sign from the original DOT but I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure it was made just for the show. The sign in 2006 was painted on a billboard and was much smaller. It could be the original sign from the original DOT but I doubt it.

it's  the font and style of the 2006.  I think there were some smaller signs but not sure.

The pic of the construction scaffolding I didn't bother to shoot. But later I thought can't be real. Looks like a show of some sort. Luckily someone else got the shot.

Wonder if this is what the transitions will be between different house scenes...or maybe it's just bookends... 

My first thought was that the tent would be used in the first room / part of the facade, but I think it might also be used as the last room of the house? Maybe have all the icons under the tent to give you one last good scare or something like that? 

My boss was actually telling me he saw a commercial for the event this past weekend.  However, he's not into the event.  But he has two middle school aged daughters and they're all AP holders so he ends up taking them on one of the AP nights, begrudgingly.  So unfortunately he couldn't elaborate much, at all, on what the commercial detailed.

quick question I've noticed the the official page doesn't have the closing times are they going to be like always Fri-Sat at 2am and other days at 12am??

It's been difficult to find them, but if you go like you're going to purchase a ticket, you can click on dates within the calendar and it will show the closing times.  1am is the earliest they will close on non-peak and then 2pm on peak nights - Fri & Sat.

EDIT:  I believe the only exception to this is opening weekend.  I'm pretty sure I read that the Fri and Sat night of the 18th and 19th close at midnight.

Edited by Pandry

Guest kiwisoup

Your comment Has nothing to do with what I said. 

I said marketing wise there was more content, and in opinion is better thus far, nothing pertaining to the actual story was mentioned. 

You said their marketing was better. This year they are marketing a story to go along with the event. They said the story didn't make much sense. I fail to see why you don't see the connection there.

You said their marketing was better. This year they are marketing a story to go along with the event. They said the story didn't make much sense. I fail to see why you don't see the connection there.

Honestly I think the event's probably going to be lovely. I've heard good things about the enthusiasm in Howl-O-Scream when it comes to scare actors.

I just dropped following the storyline at that point. Neat icon design, though!

Definitely best commercial since at least 2011 solely because the walkers are a small part of it and don't feel like the focus, FvJ and Jack being there really help it. 

It admittedly feels weird that Freddy and Jason have their own cages. I'm guessing Ghostface would have been in the third cage. THANKS SCREAM RIGHT HOLDERS. 

I wish they had had enough time to get the Man Who Can't Breathe in there or something, since it feels weird having the Insidious logo at the end. :D

• Like 2

A part of me really hopes we get an extended version or a longer video with Jack. I would seriously love a couple minutes of Jack getting all the other Icon's back together and fit Chance in there as well. Something that shows the "newer" crowd WHO the 5 Icons really are. What each one does/did. Plus, it would finally put Chance in an official video. She is Jack's right hand "man". The fact that A & D is bringing her back is proof enough that her and Jack are a dynamic duo and it's time she get more than just a few minutes on stage. 

Are the two people in the commercial the same two from the video series they were releasing weekly? I hope there are because they are dead now and we can get more new victims for the stage show.