HHN 25 Discussion

Seeing the speculated longest lines list made me realize how spread out the 3 "big names" are. 

While TWD is near Insidious, it has the "buffer house" in between it and Insidious. The Purge may pull in some, but I don't think it will pull the same number of people that Scream would have. It's just not as iconic yet. 

We have 3 originals right in front. I like that. It should help disperse the crowds and maybe introduce the GP to how amazing originals can be. The only issue I forsee is Run all by its lonesome in San Fran. Will the promise of a scarezone be enough to get casual fans back into that area? You have the stage show that can draw people from NY directly to CP and the other three houses, and Diagon (a huge empty spot) stands between Fear Factor and San Fran. Again, the stage show could draw people from MiB/Kidzone.  

Now, while I am lamenting this potential crowd flow that may not push people toward San Fran, I'm also secretly relishing the potential. If San Fran doesn't pull in people, maybe Run could be pulsed! 

*grasps her delusion and runs from any logic reasons why it is insane*

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 6

Well, as most of you had heard, Wes Craven died at 76 today after losing to brain cancer. You know what sucks? The year we were supposed to get Scream happens to be the same year the horror legend who made that great satire on horror passed away. Instead, Dimension screwed us and Universal by yanking the rights to it.  That house could've been a a nice tribute to the passing of Wes Craven. Screw you Dimension and screw you producers of the (abysmal) show who own the rights to it. What a shame.

R.I.P. Wes Craven. You were one of the greats.

Unrelated: My dad happened to be a sound editor for his show Chiller.

I gave this exact rant to my wife last night! I will be donning my NOES tshirt for my first night in honor of Wes.

First off, RIP Wes Craven :( Thankfully there's still FVJ to have as a tribute. On the topic of waits:

1. FVJ

2. Insidious

3. TWD

4. M&M

5. AWIL

6. The Purge

7. Body Collectors

8. Asylum in Wonderland

9. Run

The first four are pretty much set in stone. FVJ will have the longest lines as it's in a soundstage and features two icons return to the event. Insidious and TWD will be close but the former will benefit from Bill and Ted. M&M will have the largest house and anniversary push. Things get trickier from there. AWIL will be the first house guests see but since it's a repeat I wouldn't be surprised if it's lower. The Purge will be next to TWD and the scarezone last year was very popular. Body Collectors is in a soundstage next to FVJ and word of mouth will spread over the event. AIL and Run are a toss up for last but since Asylum is closer to the front I think that'll get longer waits at first.

Jack will need the queue space in the Plaza. AWiL doesn't warrant that kind of queue size at all, considering it's a repeat. I think they'll take the line around the back of SS21, maybe setup some switchbacks (because it still will need more queue than what FDTD had, which was basically nothing), then go into SS22. 

Couldn't Jack just use the queue space CITW had?  I recall that having a lot of space (but maybe my memory has dulled).  Looking at the map below I would think there is more queue space if you make Jack's first and use all of the room behing SS21.

Also, how do you see them running the two queues without having the entrances or exits cross?

universal-studios-soundstage-19-4.jpg

Thank you for any insight you have!

On the 1% chance that Run is actually pulsed...I'd have to bump it up to #1 on the queue time list as that line would take forever.

Otherwise, the IPs will probably all have the longest line as is par for the course (except for when there's a house like Dracula Untold that nobody cares about)...that's when I'm there early in the season.  A few weeks in, the "fan favorite original" line usually creeps up into the realm of the IPs.

With people calling Jack Presents: Monsters and Mayhem "M&M" on here, I have to make a rather stupid visual pun.

I apologize for this silliness.

3D_mm-halloween.jpg

I find it funny too. It makes it sound like we are all going to get candy in the house or are going to get "scared" by life size versions of the various colored M & M's. I hear one room is going to be filled with M & M's and the only way out is to eat them until you can clear a path...its going to be a nightmare for people on diets! (kidding of course)

• Like 2

So, it seems like that stage is NOT going to be used for RTU unless they plan on taking the massive set pieces down only to put them right back up. That thing we all were debating on being the blender seems like it was indeed the blender. It's still under wraps but the set was built around it. It is two tiered but its not clear if the 2nd level will be used. It does have two ladders to get up to the 2nd level though (themed...not temporary). Center stage on the 2nd level looks like a video screen. The other element under the cover looks to be some type of wheel. My guess is either a "wheel of doom" concept to "decide" the fate of the victims or it is another device like the blender. I could be wrong, but it also appears like some VERY random props from years past are on the stage as well with the Dungeon of Terror logo from the first year being the main prop that sticks out. Most likely it is not complete yet and more props and elements will be added. 

It will likely include a lot of old props. The 2nd level will be for aerialists. 

In 06-07, when they had a show in this location, the way the event operated was the gates would direct people down Hollywood Blvd., and the show would open the event, hence why everyone always calls them "opening scaremonies", because they were actual shows, not just actors at the gate hyping people up. I'm hoping this is the case again, because that will be a GREAT return to old times, and also because that'll leave the SSs vacant for 20 minutes for Stay and Scream people ;)

• Like 1

Don't know if this is off-topic or not, but what should I expect from a Social Media Meet-up if I manage to get into it? I know in the past they've talked about concepts and how the year's come together, should I expect more of the same?

The other element under the cover looks to be some type of wheel. My guess is either a "wheel of doom" concept to "decide" the fate of the victims or it is another device like the blender.

If I remember correctly, Lady Luck had a wheel as one of her props. Possible that the show could be used to introduce all of our icons before they get sent to their individual areas in the scarezone.

With people calling Jack Presents: Monsters and Mayhem "M&M" on here, I have to make a rather stupid visual pun.

I apologize for this silliness.

3D_mm-halloween.jpg

Jack's a Morphan. M&M is rather appropriate in pun and non pun form, don't you think?

I was already mentally calling it that before I saw posts using that acronym. Morphans and candy are inseparable. 

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

I haven't personally seen it but a friend of mine saw the commercial on a spanish network. Same thing previously said, Jack had Jason and Freddy in a cage

I'm glad you used your one whole post to tell us what your friend saw. Great insight.

Guest kiwisoup

I randomly found this video uploaded on YouTube today...don't get excited. It's just a fan video, but I think it's funny that it's better than the official videos. 

Edited by kiwisoup

Has anyone seen the pictures with Jack holding cards with pictures of people like Freddy and Jason on them?  I feel like it will have something to do with that.  Tarot cards with pictures of icons and IP characters.  It would fit with the whole circus theme too.

Has anyone seen the pictures with Jack holding cards with pictures of people like Freddy and Jason on them?  I feel like it will have something to do with that.  Tarot cards with pictures of icons and IP characters.  It would fit with the whole circus theme too.

I can't figure out how to attach the picture, but I'm pretty sure the picture you are referring to is from HHN 17 with the Carnival of Carnage.

Edited by phinfan91
Removed broken link