HHN 25 Discussion

Not sure if this should be posted in this thread or the ticket thread but.... I wonder if the  AP party being held in the kidzone like usual?

Last year it said kidzone on the confirmation and this year it says you go to battery park over by transformers for check in.. I know in the years past it was blocked off over where you get your wrist band so others couldn't get in..

It is probably nothing but just something I noticed.

Edited by Cinderelly115

I don't know how you guys are actually happy with this year or what they're even doing. Everything this year, literally everything, has been done in some way in the past.  Even the scarezones.

I'm actually pretty astonished by the fact there isn't a single original idea this year. I've practically experienced everything they're offering this year already in some form. :(

"I dont know how you guys are actually happy with this year or what they're doing". Maybe because we're fans of the event and like to have fun, and dont act ike we are some superior "fan" who is owed everything we want into the event? Heaven forbid anyone be positive about an event that is supposed to be a good time! Nevermind, they arent doing every single ridiculous idea that I want them to do, WORST EVENT EVER.

Yeah man, everything offered this year HAS been experienced in the past, thats the idea of an anniversary. A&D got killed in 2010 for using ALL NEW ideas instead of just using the past concepts. Now they use the old concepts and you're killing them for lack of new ideas? Geez.

Because it's random. Why are we warping back in time, exit a house, and then are in the present in a Halloween festival? A better explanation could've been a story where the asylum is on top of a mountain, below the people are celebrating. Escaped inmates went down the mountain to the town celebration, crashed, and are causing havoc. Up the mountain, where it's snowing, things are happening. Make it so occassionally a body collector will take an inmate an bring them out of the scarezone. Try to have some cohesion.

This complaint is a massive stretch. When has there ever been cohesion from scarezone to house? Never. We went from snowstorm to acid rain one year. Oh wait, no, I'm wrong. The Walking Dead in 2012 brought a tie in from house to zone but ya know it doesnt count because it's the Walking Dead, a property responsible solely for ruining everyone's life.

This forum is becoming a headache to read between people just whining for the sake of whining and people STILL to this day complaining about a lack of website, like that even matters at all once the gates open. It's just unbearable now. I hope they sell a tshirt that says "I went to HHN after 1991, and it was Awful", because theyll make bank.

Edited by Coast
  • Like 25

"I dont know how you guys are actually happy with this year or what they're doing". Maybe because we're fans of the event and like to have fun, and dont act ike we are some superior "fan" who is owed everything we want into the event? Heaven forbid anyone be positive about an event that is supposed to be a good time! Nevermind, they arent doing every single ridiculous idea that I want them to do, WORST EVENT EVER.

Yeah man, everything offered this year HAS been experienced in the past, thats the idea of an anniversary. A&D got killed in 2010 for using ALL NEW ideas instead of just using the past concepts. Now they use the old concepts and you're killing them for lack of new ideas? Geez.

This complaint is a massive stretch. When has there ever been cohesion from scarezone to house? Never. We went from snowstorm to acid rain one year. Oh wait, no, I'm wrong. The Walking Dead in 2012 brought a tie in from house to zone but ya know it doesnt count because it's the Walking Dead, a property responsible solely for ruining everyone's life.

This forum is becoming a headache to read between people just whining for the sake of whining and people STILL to this day complaining about a lack of website, like that even matters at all once the gates open. It's just unbearable now. I hope they sell a tshirt that says "I went to HHN after 1991, and it was Awful", because theyll make bank.

Well as much as I hate to agree with a Rangers fan (Go Bolts! ;P) you explained my feelings completely, and I wish I could like this eight more times! I'll still have a great time at HHN and I can't wait for it, I guess I'm a sheep though.

• Like 1

Kinda off topic but it was announced not to long ago that Wes Craven died tonight. He created films like Scream and Nightmare on Elm Street. With such a horror legend passing away before his iconic character (Freddy) comes back into the park, I wonder if the design team will pay tribute to him in the FvJ house in some fashion. 

RIP Wes Craven. 

• Like 6

Kinda off topic but it was announced not to long ago that Wes Craven died tonight. He created films like Scream and Nightmare on Elm Street. With such a horror legend passing away before his iconic character (Freddy) comes back into the park, I wonder if the design team will pay tribute to him in the FvJ house in some fashion. 

RIP Wes Craven. 

I hope so, it such a blow to horror to lose him.

• Like 1

I am not saying this is wrong, but isn't Jack in 21 and AWIL in 22?  If so, wouldn't it make more sense to enter Jack at A and AWIL at B and have them both exit down Twister Alley?

Jack will need the queue space in the Plaza. AWiL doesn't warrant that kind of queue size at all, considering it's a repeat. I think they'll take the line around the back of SS21, maybe setup some switchbacks (because it still will need more queue than what FDTD had, which was basically nothing), then go into SS22. 

"I went to HHN after 1991, and it was Awful", because theyll make bank.

I agreed wholeheartedly with everything you said, but I would buy the shit out of this shirt xDD

• Like 1

Well, as most of you had heard, Wes Craven died at 76 today after losing to brain cancer. You know what sucks? The year we were supposed to get Scream happens to be the same year the horror legend who made that great satire on horror passed away. Instead, Dimension screwed us and Universal by yanking the rights to it.  That house could've been a a nice tribute to the passing of Wes Craven. Screw you Dimension and screw you producers of the (abysmal) show who own the rights to it. What a shame.

R.I.P. Wes Craven. You were one of the greats.

Unrelated: My dad happened to be a sound editor for his show Chiller.

• Like 14

I still feel like TWD will be one of the longest queues. I mean, Fear TWD was the biggest premier in cable history. The show is not going anywhere and it is still a major draw to the event. 

I don't know about the anniversary house. Will they heavily promote it as the "must do" house of the event? I feel like the big draw to the event is IP's. IP's turned the event into what it is today. Sure the anniversary house will be a popular house for HHN regulars but for a first timer, its not going to be on their "must do" list.

I honesty feel like the order they list the houses on the website will be the order from longest line to shortest line...at the start. The list is:

• TWD
  • FvJ
  • Insidious
  • Purge
  • AWIL
  • Anniversary
  • RUN
  • Alice
  • Body collectors

It's a real shame that the house A & D seems to love the most is placed at the bottom of the lineup. I feel like once word starts spreading about how good Body is, things will adjust. Honestly, you need to look at it from an outsiders point of view. Sure, AWIL is not going to seem like a popular house or a "must do" for fans on this forum, but for a big chunk of the people attending, it will be a new house and experience (myself included). They are promoting it as being one of the most popular houses in the event history (something a lot of "super fans" agree with) that they just HAD to bring back due to fan demand (stretching it a bit I feel but oh well). That right there is going to put it high on the list for people that don't attend every year and are not "super fans" of the event.

This final marketing push and the way they describe the house on the park map will both have a major influence on how this plays out. 

Well, as most of you had heard, Wes Craven died at 76 today after losing to brain cancer. You know what sucks? The year we were supposed to get Scream happens to be the same year the horror legend who made that great satire on horror passed away. Instead, Dimension screwed us and Universal by yanking the rights to it.  That house could've been a a nice tribute to the passing of Wes Craven. Screw you Dimension and screw you producers of the (abysmal) show who own the rights to it. What a shame.

R.I.P. Wes Craven. You were one of the greats.

Unrelated: My dad happened to be a sound editor for his show Chiller.

I know dude :( No doubt his legacy will be done justice in Freddy Vs. Jason but Dimension screwed us and Universal out of the ultimate two-for-one tribute to Wes and his work :(

1. FvJ

2. Insidious

3. TWD

4. Monsters and Mayhem

5. Body Collectors

6. Purge

7. AWiL

8. Asylum in Wonderland

9. RUN

4-9 will alter as the event goes on and word of mouth on the best/worst gets out, and one of them may even get in the top 3 for longest if it's strong enough. But I'm 100% certain TWD, FvJ, and Insidious will pull the longest lines practically every night. Insidious will reap thousands when B&T lets out at each show, as every house in that spot does, so after 7:30 it's gonna be 120-180 all night on the worst nights. FvJ is the biggest IP at the event for everyone that's not a big TWD fan, like AvP last year, so it will be SLAMMED all night. 

Now TWD is just as popular as ever, obviously, and it's gonna draw a LOT of people per usual. But I honestly believe it will not pull a longer line than FvJ or Insidious. It's in the best spot for queue times in the park (this is my opinion. Based off the past 3 years, it honestly seems that way), and this is the FOURTH time TWD's been used. I'm sure there will be plenty who will decide to skip it if they've done 1-3 of the other ones. I'm not saying this won't have a long line, but it wasn't even the longest line last year (Halloween). If FvJ and Insidious turn out as well as I'm hoping, strong word of mouth plus the popularity of the franchises will make these have the longest lines. 

I'd like to think that we won't see any lines about 120-140 this year with the added capacity of a ninth house, Diagon and Gringotts, but that's the thing. They've added capacity. And the event is only increasing in popularity. So if they offer more things, but more people show up, it's not gonna do THAT much. But in 2013, which had record attendance at the time, there was no line over 130 min, compared to 2012 when literally ALL houses but HoH were 120-200 min all night every night. So there's a chance we won't see any 160-180 min waits this year, and maybe some very low waits for the originals, so yay for us!

1. FvJ

2. Insidious

3. TWD

4. Monsters and Mayhem

5. Body Collectors

6. Purge

7. AWiL

8. Asylum in Wonderland

9. RUN

The purge n.6 ?? this year the purge didn't  release  a sequel but I think Its going to draw a few more people than body collectors and M&M. More now that tent houses seems to be crazy popular looking from past events.

Edited by Mickey Waffles

The purge n.6 ?? this year the purge didn't  release  a sequel but I think Its going to draw a few more people than body collectors and M&M. More now that tent houses seems to be crazy popular looking from past events.

Body Collectors is literally parallel to the exits for all 4 soundstages and, proven by Dracula last year, a LOT of people are just gonna waltz right into that line without even thinking about it, like how people do it from the Parade building-Tent 1. Monsters and Mayhem is the flagship house this year as far as the (not really present) "theme" goes, and Jack/clowns in general is/are really popular. People will see Jack plastered everywhere, plus his show, so this house will gather quite a large line. I'm betting that's the reason the house is called "JACK Presents".

And that tent is one of the shortest lines in the park every year. It was in the bottom 4 last year with FDTD, Roanoke and Giggles, bottom 3 in 2013 with HAVOC and Afterlife, bottom 2 in 2012, etc. Purge will get a long line (they ALL will), but it's not gonna get over 120 min at any point of the event, I'm willing to bet. Unless it turns out to be one of the scariest and word of mouth propels it past the rest.

First off agreed on being super pissed on missing the ultimate tribute to Wes by missing out on scream this year....argh Dimension....why???? Now secondly...how bout we get one of these hoards go bananas in the best spot not being used in the park...sting alley!! Pump up some fog and let ppl go crazy!