HHN 25 Discussion

Just reserved both weekends, the excitement is really starting to kick in now!

Hey, long time viewer but first time poster. I have an annual pass but have had no email or indication of the pass holder RSVP for early access. Is there a link or what? I'm just asking because I would really hate to miss out on that 45 minute buffer. 

Thanks a lot. I'm attending the third week. Which apparently early access does not extend to. So i'll just have to make due. 

Thanks anyway, marc. 

As long as you are in the park before closing, you can still have a small head start on the event. You can do Stay and Scream with an annual pass and a valid HHN ticket. 

There is a Stay and Scream near Finnegans. There was also one near Lucy last year, and I believe there is one in Kidzone after the annual passholder weekends. 

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Anyone else having an issue logging in? I tried to RSVP for the 25th and I'm getting an error all of a sudden. I'm also getting an error logging into the Passholder page on Universal's site, too so it must be something on their end.

First time ever doing the APH event. Are you "locked in" to an area from 5:30-6:30 and then let loose or can you roam the park freely even though the rides and stuff will be closed? How long are the waits for the APH event houses normally? Can I expect to see all three houses in the hour time frame? Are there any special perks or free items that they normally give out?

Basically trying to decide if we should attend or not. We are doing Disney from Sept 22nd to Oct 1st and then Universal (and HHN) from Oct. 1st to Oct 6th. Thinking of taking a taxi or something from Disney on Friday the 25th to enjoy the evening and prepare my friend (who has never been inside a haunted house and hates scary movies) for the 4 straight nights of HHN we have later in the trip. Is there any other options besides a taxi that work well to get between the two? Have a car service taking us to check in at Cabana Bay on the 1st, but I have never traveled between the two resorts in the same day. Seems like a round trip taxi will be like $100 so I need to figure out if the houses (and the park itself) will be empty enough to make it worth it.

Yeah, from 5:30-6:30 you're kept in a specific area of the park that contains the 3 houses. The Kids Zone (Woody Woodpecker/Curious George) to MIB. I had no problem seeing all 3 in the hour last year. No other perks from what I remember.

Anyone else having an issue logging in? I tried to RSVP for the 25th and I'm getting an error all of a sudden. I'm also getting an error logging into the Passholder page on Universal's site, too so it must be something on their end.

The page just opened to RSVP's so they may be having difficulties. I went to the page earlier today and it wasn't open yet to RSVP but I see now it is.

The page just opened to RSVP's so they may be having difficulties. I went to the page earlier today and it wasn't open yet to RSVP but I see now it is.

Yeah, I'm guessing they just got slammed and it messed up something on their end. I was just hoping it wasn't only me and something was wrong with my pass all of a sudden. :o

Just saw the unreleased HHN commercial. 

Jack has Freddy and Jason in a locked cage. He also has walkers in another cage and releases them onto a man and woman locked down to a chair and gagged. Apparently the scream mask scene was shot as well but won't be seen in the commercial for obvious reasons. But it was filmed with the original scream mask not the show one. This commercial should air Monday. 

• Like 4

Jack has Freddy and Jason in a locked cage. He also has walkers in another cage and releases them onto a man and woman locked down to a chair and gagged. Apparently the scream mask scene was shot as well but won't be seen in the commercial for obvious reasons. But it was filmed with the original scream mask not the show one. This commercial should air Monday. 

•  

EDIT: Ignoring until officially confirmed

Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 3

Neither are working for me either. 

Taking this with a grain of salt. You are the one who said Scream didn't get scrapped and was coming in the form of the TV show and that RHPS was returning for another year. 

• Like 9

Guest kiwisoup

Taking this with a grain of salt. You are the one who said Scream didn't get scrapped and was coming in the form of the TV show and that RHPS was returning for another year. 

Thanks for pointing that out, almost slipped by me! He posted all of those "insights" two weeks ago and didn't post anything again till now claiming to know about a commercial. If that doesn't scream troll account, I don't know what does.

Thanks for pointing that out, almost slipped by me! He posted all of those "insights" two weeks ago and didn't post anything again till now claiming to know about a commercial. If that doesn't scream troll account, I don't know what does.

Plus, and I may be wrong here, but I doubt an IP holder would let their "monster" be trapped in a cage. Same goes for the Walkers. The blending of three different IP's and an Icon just seems like a lot of hurdles had to be jumped to get all the parties to agree to this concept. Granted, it is a good concept and would show the fans who the real Ringmaster of the event was, but it just seems strange. Also, with the amount of time they have had, you think they would have wanted to fit the Purge in there somehow. Looking back at the HHN 17 commercial, all three IP's were shown, but never together on the screen at once in their physical form. They each attacked one their own.

I feel like the main focus will be Jack (and hopefully Chance) of the commercial and the IP's will just be logos. If by chance they are physically represented, I doubt we will see them on screen at the same time. 

Personally I want the commercial to include the four other main "Icons" as well with just a glimpse of them. They all played an important part in making what HHN is today and they deserve some screen time as well. Plus it would make the Icon's section of the park a little more "well know" when people see the Icon's in the commercial and then see them in the street. I feel like a lot of guests won't have any idea who guys like The Usher are which is a real shame.

• Like 2

Guest kiwisoup

Considering the 2009 commercial had multiple IPs appearing... I'm inclined to think what he's saying is very possible.

Two of the IPs, Wolfman and Chucky, were Universal-owned. Saw was the only one they didn't and had to make an agreement with.

2007 all three franchises for Freddy, Jason and Leatherface were all owned by New Line at the time.

We have yet to see a commercial featuring multiple guest IPs. I had also thought before anybody else had said anything that having a company's character locked in a cage and ruled over by someone else is not something that would be agreed to. 

Also the trip to assumedly film a commercial was after Scream fell through. Why would one person who has posted on two occasions here and been proven wrong multiple times over be the only person to see raw footage of an unreleased commercial? Next.

Edited by kiwisoup

So, for the houses that have those Vortex Tunnel things (if any this year), do they offer a path around them? Those things make me super dizzy and I would hate to miss a house because of one of those tunnels.

I personally don't close my eyes because I hate the feeling of not being able to see what I am doing. I personally stare at the ground while I'm walking and just focus on my feet until I get out of the room. I hate how they make me feel as well.

First time ever doing the APH event. Are you "locked in" to an area from 5:30-6:30 and then let loose or can you roam the park freely even though the rides and stuff will be closed? How long are the waits for the APH event houses normally? Can I expect to see all three houses in the hour time frame? Are there any special perks or free items that they normally give out?

Basically trying to decide if we should attend or not. We are doing Disney from Sept 22nd to Oct 1st and then Universal (and HHN) from Oct. 1st to Oct 6th. Thinking of taking a taxi or something from Disney on Friday the 25th to enjoy the evening and prepare my friend (who has never been inside a haunted house and hates scary movies) for the 4 straight nights of HHN we have later in the trip. Is there any other options besides a taxi that work well to get between the two? Have a car service taking us to check in at Cabana Bay on the 1st, but I have never traveled between the two resorts in the same day. Seems like a round trip taxi will be like $100 so I need to figure out if the houses (and the park itself) will be empty enough to make it worth it.

You are locked into the area where the AP party is  held (normally kidzone) and can't actually leave it until actual park opening although they have left us out like a few minutes early before which does help with getting in line for the next house. I have also been able to see all the houses in the AP holder party and sometimes more than once. I don't think it is worth it for you to have to travel from Disney to Universal though since you will already be going a few days.

Although if you go to stay and scream by finnegans when you go.. they usually let you out of the area early enough that you are able to hit a soundstage house or two before the front gates open.

Edited by Cinderelly115

G&G was my least favorite house last year. The cast I had wasn't really into their roles, the sets weren't noteworthy, and the hallways before the finale were lame. You missed out on Halloween though.

I definitely see what you mean about the cast with G&G but I personally think Dracula Untold takes the worst house for 2014.

I definitely see what you mean about the cast with G&G but I personally think Dracula Untold takes the worst house for 2014.

Dracula is either 2nd or 3rd worst tied with Roanoke from last year. Roanoke had great sets but despite the cast's effort it just wasn't scary, while Dracula was able to catch me off guard a couple of times with great sets but lack of coherency. 

• Like 1