HHN 25 Discussion

Does anyone know if Sting Alley will be used this year?  Hasn't been used since 2011, good time to reuse.

Legacy - what were the pop-sticks that year?

Those were long, black "cattle prod" looking props that would sizzle and make loud POP noises. Lady Luck's minions carried them around for a few nights.

• Like 2

Yeah I came to ask if anyone knew anything more about the two "hordes" that were discussed in the rumor phase. Although the reveal is basically what we had all expected for the last month or two, I must admit that I am more excited today than I was yesterday.

We will also have chainsaw wielding roaming hordes in areas where the scarezones are not!

that's all I found on it.

Also,

It took a while but I think I finally got every detail that is officially know about the houses, shows, and scarezones in the first posts of each corresponding attraction.

Please review and leave a comment if I missed something.

Finally,

The new construction pic has me thinking of this quote.

OH, NO! NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH! OH, THEY'RE IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAHHHHH! AAAAAGGHHH!

• Like 1

2) There's no cohesion this year, it's by far the most all over the place I've ever seen for this event. How is there a blizzard going on and right outside is an Autumn festival?

Not sure where the confusion is. Recollections takes place in the 1800's (confirmed by Aiello on Twitter). Unleashed, does not. 

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 2

Not sure where the confusion is. Recollections takes place in the 1800's (confirmed by Aiello on Twitter). Unleashed, does not. 

Because it's random. Why are we warping back in time, exit a house, and then are in the present in a Halloween festival? A better explanation could've been a story where the asylum is on top of a mountain, below the people are celebrating. Escaped inmates went down the mountain to the town celebration, crashed, and are causing havoc. Up the mountain, where it's snowing, things are happening. Make it so occassionally a body collector will take an inmate an bring them out of the scarezone. Try to have some cohesion.

Because it's random. Why are we warping back in time, exit a house, and then are in the present in a Halloween festival? A better explanation could've been a story where the asylum is on top of a mountain, below the people are celebrating. Escaped inmates went down the mountain to the town celebration, crashed, and are causing havoc. Up the mountain, where it's snowing, things are happening. Make it so occassionally a body collector will take an inmate an bring them out of the scarezone. Try to have some cohesion.

It's not that random at all. It fits with New York's locale. It's also a "block party" as well. If you've ever lived in a big city, or New York for that matter, that little detail is nice. Block party's are very common. It's two separate era's of the inmates from Shadybrook. The "cohesion" is with the inmates. Not every minute, minuscule detail has to tie into everything. i will never understand that line of thinking. 

Anyway, that is all from me. Carry on. 

• Like 6

I know we all love themes and over all cohesion, but does anybody actually ever say "wow, that house didn't fit with the event?"  I always laugh at those comments...especially since everybody HATED the year that the whole part was zombies and provided the most cohesive atmosphere possible.  I don't even want to throw the GP under the bus...I think most of us, at the actual event and not sitting in front of our laptops months out, can go from a house where it's snowing, out to a 90 degree Florida day, to a fall trick or treating scarezone, to a house that takes place in the desert and not really "be taken out of the moment".  If leaving dracula's castle and going into a florida themepark packed with 10s of thousands of people and 3 hour lines doesn't take you out of the theme....then you're certifiably insane.  I don't see how a winter house can possibly be any more jarring than that.   Let alone the fact you're in an old deserted castle....in a conga line with a few hundred other people :)

OK, enough bitching, but the newest construction pic suuuuure looks like Wickerman to me!

• Like 2

Anyone want to speculate on when they might release this year's commercial?

I'm thinking September at least. Which is approaching very quickly. If they went to Hungary possibly for the commercial a couple weeks ago , it could be finished soon. I feel like it usually comes out sooner but with only IPs announced first or they were strictly zombies for the years past, so hopefully it has more of a 2007 Carnival of Carnage feel. Which I know was IP/New Line heavy, but at least it featured Jack and three IPs vs the typical TWD-centric commercials we have gotten recently. 

Edited by blacklagoontaylor

If the team worried about tying in every single attraction/scarezone/show, they'd be restricting themselves creatively. I can understand the desire to have a unified story or theme, but mazes and scarezones being connected would be hard to do. I personally would rather have more variety then for things like that to make sense time/location wise. 

• Like 1

If the team worried about tying in every single attraction/scarezone/show, they'd be restricting themselves creatively. I can understand the desire to have a unified story or theme, but mazes and scarezones being connected would be hard to do. I personally would rather have more variety then for things like that to make sense time/location wise. 

Would it though? HHN15's land can theoretically make zero sense with how diverse the land is. But it clicked because they bought into making the land work. I know it can't be perfect, you're right on that. But this is just TOO random. for me.

I don't know how you guys are actually happy with this year or what they're even doing. Everything this year, literally everything, has been done in some way in the past.  Even the scarezones.

I'm actually pretty astonished by the fact there isn't a single original idea this year. I've practically experienced everything they're offering this year already in some form. :(

• Like 1

Would it though? HHN15's land can theoretically make zero sense with how diverse the land is. But it clicked because they bought into making the land work. I know it can't be perfect, you're right on that. But this is just TOO random. for me.

Again, you could do this....

Merging the Acid Assault scarezone with the Penn & Teller house.....have Universal be nuked.  All the buildings are decaying and collapsing through the awesome projection technology.  The houses, all original or "takes" on previous ones,  have a similar green haze and nuclear mutants overrunning them.  The park, built on an an ancient native american burial ground, has mutant "indians" overrunning the park.

Great cohesion....70% attendance drop.  People aren't going for a cohesive story:  Case in point.  NINE different TWD houses, each focusing on a pivotal moment of the 6th season plus the park overrun by zombies.  Nobody here would go (well, we all would, but we'd bitch for 5 straight months....) but the general public would eat it up.

Do the flip side....9 ORIGINAL houses!  Stuff you never heard of!  All based on a single thing, a nuclear attack on orlando!  We'd all be thrilled, and nobody else would give a crap.

Wishing for a fully cohesive event and/or all original content is like wishing Apple will send us all free iMac's.  Not gonna happen and horrible business sense.

Never going to happen

EDIT - fixing some of the moronic typos from posting via tablet

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 5

And Gothic, Catacombs, and Winter's Night weren't too random?

Catacombs was set in France  

Gothic was set it France(?).

Winter's Night had a set month of October. Which is autumn not fall, and snow rarely falls. 

Is the feeling of randomness is related to the time jump between the house and scarezones?

To highlight the Collectors, and as Mike stated on Twitter, to show how the Collectors gain their insane assistants, a time jump is necessary. 

Everty time we've encountered the Collectors we've experienced some form of reality shift. They were in Terra Cruentas (their home world) in 05. They were in 1888 London in 08. This time they will be in Seneca Falls, NY circa 1880(?). All that has been definitively said is late 1800's for the timeframe.

It doesn't seem random to me for other worldly creatures to create a temporal/dimensional shift.

• Like 4

I don't know how you guys are actually happy with this year or what they're even doing. Everything this year, literally everything, has been done in some way in the past.  Even the scarezones.

I'm actually pretty astonished by the fact there isn't a single original idea this year. I've practically experienced everything they're offering this year already in some form. :(

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not trying to attack you for not being happy with the events line up but haven't you previously posted that you were done with the event and that you'd never be going again because of similar issues last year? Last year was my first year coming to Orlando's event and I rememember you saying the event wasn't the same and that you weren't gonna even waste your time posting on this site anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong , but that was you right? 

I know it's not just you, there are a handful of people that either continuously complain or say they're not going but I just was curious as to why you continue to follow the event to the extent you do if it doesn't make you happy and hasn't made you happy for a while now? Again, I know we're all passionate fans of HHN, but there's a difference between being passionate and being anti-everything after the "Glory days" of HHN (HHN 10 or whatever year you guys continue to praise). 

Edited by Arsik_22
  • Like 6

Believe me, this topic has been debated ad nauseam since the list was leaked in April. 

Guest kiwisoup

It's an ANNIVERSARY year. It SHOULD be about reflecting on the past 25 years of the event. There is ONE house that is going to be an actual repeat with new effects, American Werewolf in London, but the rest are NEW houses and Scare Zones based on previously utilized IPs or concepts. And you can't count Insidious just because Hollywood had it last year, not to mention it includes the new movie. Comparing a house die-hard fans never really wanted in the first place coming back, The Walking Dead, to some of the biggest fan favorites is night and day.

I for one am excited to experience my first Anniversary year (I've been going since 2009 and skipped 2010) and see a lot of HHN staples that I have yet to experience.

HHN%2025%20Reveal%20Map.png

I noticed they didn't list Despicable Me on the website as a ride being open for HHN. Is that because it's not going to be open this year, or is it just because they only will have it open peak nights?

Edited by kiwisoup