HHN 25 Discussion

The base of the original blender is yellow. The closer pics do seem to show a shape very similar to the blender though. 

I'm still going to continue hoping Jack's show is in Beetlejuice theater.

I agree with Pandry that the show would detract from the ambience of CP. 

To be honest, the base looked kind of yellowish/greenish.... I couldn't really see the color that we'll from where I stood. I'm almost sure it's the blender, Part of me thinks the Jack show will be in front of Mel's and that they already have the blender out because they have a short amount of time to get the stage ready after RTU, but at the same time I wish/hope they have the show somewhere else cause it might just take away from the scare zone (the crowds and noise from the show might overshadow the scare zone).

Anyone who attended HHN16 and/or HHN17, can you please mention your experience with having a show in this location and how it affected the scare zone in CP? 

• Like 1

I'm wondering what we're meant to recognize. But that ?costume? looks badass either way.  

Oddly, I do recognize it. Elements of it. Scarecrow style head. I think we've had several scarecrow style scareactors through the years. The jar lantern is reminiscent of the one carried by the Headless Horseman in 2008 mixed with the jar lights from Bayou last year. And a dash of the Trees from Amercian Gothic in 08. 

Anyone who attended HHN16 and/or HHN17, can you please mention your experience with having a show in this location and how it affected the scare zone in CP? 

I was there for both, but for the life of me I can't recall any of those shows in that location.

To be honest, the base looked kind of yellowish/greenish.... I couldn't really see the color that we'll from where I stood. I'm almost sure it's the blender, Part of me thinks the Jack show will be in front of Mel's and that they already have the blender out because they have a short amount of time to get the stage ready after RTU, but at the same time I wish/hope they have the show somewhere else cause it might just take away from the scare zone (the crowds and noise from the show might overshadow the scare zone).

07 - scarezones weren't  really there, but Troupe Macabre was in CP and I don't remember any major issues. I also went on a rather empty night. Did all the houses twice except for two which I did three times. I went on a Saturday. So, there was definitely a difference in crowd levels then. 

06 - My first time back after missing 04 & 05. I was very focused on the houses and getting them all done. (I only had one night). I enjoyed the show because Darkness. I love Darkness.  Harvest of Souls was in CP and I don't remember the show effecting the scarezone. 

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

You people my god. 

Calm down. 

Who gives a crap if they're posting crappy tweets I'm sure there is an underlying message we must be missing. We don't even know what the Maniacs are yet and we should learn more soon. Also believe the whole allegiance thing may lead to another contest for tickets. 

• Like 1

06 - Went on a busy Saturday and I don't recall any issues with the scarezone. 
07 - Went on a Saturday night the area around the stage was packed but we where able to get around it  there were no scarezones this year due to New Lines Restrictions on the event 

However you can't compare the Pre-TWD era to Present day. The crowds have grown expediently on a hell night (Legacy Term not mine) that area will become a traffic nightmare. I personally have always love the stage show in front of Mels but after talking to Legacy I can see why there are concerns. 

• Like 2

I honestly love what they're doing on twitter right now. It's really been a fun day tweeting back and forth with the "maniacs" and the occasional pictures they're posting are awesome. Agree or disagree with me, but I'm hyped. I can't wait for the full reveal.

I totally agree, I keep trying to anger them/get emotions from them. It's hilarious I still can't get over the "You're a joke" response.

I liken HHN to my favorite sports teams.  Each year/season is a new beginning.  Some new players that look promising and some that make me puke and bitch as to the stupidity of signing them.  When the teams are winning, it's awesome.  When they're not, I bitch about how bad they suck and that a monkey could play better.  But at the end of the day, I'll still support and watch them every year and have lots of good times doing so.  And that's my Metaphor for HHN.  I'll likely never be fully satisfied with what they put out there and will always expect higher standards, but I'm attending regardless and will have fun.

you just summed up my love of the Cubs perfectly!!!

• Like 2

Guest kiwisoup

Either could be Run, the Containment scarezone, or... it could also mean the  return of the Dogs of War. 

image.jpg

Kinda reminds me of New'k Las Vegas, but maybe it's the theme of the Anniversary house. Like all of the creations of the past are contained a la CITW and they are escaping.

What are the odds that we will see scenes from IP houses in the Anniversary house? My personal guess is slim to none which is why they decided to bring back the whole AWIL house since they couldn't put a scene or two in the Anniversary house. Still, I kinda wish we could get another AvP room and a scene from Halloween.

The one house I really want to see a scene or two from is HR Blood and Guts. I didn't go that year, but the concept of twisting every single holiday sounded so awesome. I mean, they had them all even the non popular ones like Arbor Day in the house I heard. A Christmas scene would be fun to see. Holidays mashing together I love...which explains why Nightmare Before Christmas is still in my Top 3 of favorite movies ever. 

With the Anniversary House going where I think TWD was last year, I am hoping it is the longest house of the event...possibly ever. They have hundreds of original concept houses and scarezones they could put into a maze. I just watched a "behind the scenes" of Hallo'd Past and it seemed like for an "Anniversary House", it barely had many houses/themes. Since last year was my first year attending (after MANY years of following the event on Youtube) I am hoping they cram as much as possible from the past into the house. So excited for it!

• Like 1

What are the odds that we will see scenes from IP houses in the Anniversary house? My personal guess is slim to none which is why they decided to bring back the whole AWIL house since they couldn't put a scene or two in the Anniversary house. Still, I kinda wish we could get another AvP room and a scene from Halloween.

The one house I really want to see a scene or two from is HR Blood and Guts. I didn't go that year, but the concept of twisting every single holiday sounded so awesome. I mean, they had them all even the non popular ones like Arbor Day in the house I heard. A Christmas scene would be fun to see. Holidays mashing together I love...which explains why Nightmare Before Christmas is still in my Top 3 of favorite movies ever. 

With the Anniversary House going where I think TWD was last year, I am hoping it is the longest house of the event...possibly ever. They have hundreds of original concept houses and scarezones they could put into a maze. I just watched a "behind the scenes" of Hallo'd Past and it seemed like for an "Anniversary House", it barely had many houses/themes. Since last year was my first year attending (after MANY years of following the event on Youtube) I am hoping they cram as much as possible from the past into the house. So excited for it!

It is in a SS so they do have more than enough room for it!

Love that we are getting concept art and of course the Jack teaser that feels like we had years ago was interesting but yes marketing as usual dropped the ball badly. Yes that they are now active on Twitter and saying the same things over and over again in estrange synonyms to Pledge to Jack's Maniacs. Yet feels so hocky like a kid who found out what's hhn is and trying to make a fan page for it and trying his/her best to be scary while knowing barely anything about it. Yes it plays that way for the GP but it's putting the worse message of the event forward, not showing his dark humor side, his immortality to the fans that adore him for fifteen years, his backstory, and why for new fans need to be scared yet excited for Jack. But I understand the GP wants to only go do the houses and doesn't care about backstories and legacies, but when they encounter the icons and they won't have a clue why these few characters are getting photo ops and their own scarezone, they will at the end of the day when Universal gives them their survey they won't care for that zone and they would want to wish it away. So not giving at least some spotlight to why Jack is Jack and The Icons should always be welcomed makes me worry. Finally, you're telling me that it's not about that anymore and only about IPs that control almost half to half of the event, so they have to advertise to that but why not both showing why Jack and the IPs should be greatly anticipated, if only they could that.

Wait a year that has Jack coming back as the Major Icon of the Year.

With an event that has half IPs and other half being Originals (some being sequels)

That has the use of New Line Horror Movie Characters?

Yup and can kill this year's marketing team efforts with only a minute and twenty seconds. Shows newcomers how Jack is, explains the theme, and shows off IPs.

• Like 3