HHN 25 Discussion

Blah, site's eating my posts for some reason.

Basically, the capitalization stuff looks like something you'd see off an old MySpace page. The event's gonna be good, just... jeez, marketing needs to step it up next year.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the little white bus over on the construction pics? What do you think it will be used for?

I'll take a wild shot in the dark...

Psychotics hijack a bus from an insane asylum let loose on a fall festival? Just a guess

• Like 4

We have all these discussions about how bad marketing is, then some say it's because they're marketing the GP and don't need to worry about long time returning attendees.  Yet everything that's been sent out can't mean much more to a first timer.  In fact, most must be thinking what the hell did I just watch or read?  Critical's post about the 14 year old being on the team was hilarious.  If they want to keep it generic, keep it generic across the board.  This mash up of drivel is a waste.

they're role playing essentially, playing a character. It's all in fun and the people should realize that. And this supposed to be a mature, scary event. 

I wouldn't be surprised if someone cries foul that they were called a fool, has their feelings hurt, then complains and the Twitter feed gets shut down.  Such is the PC world we now live in.

hhn doesn't post any information all month and everyones angry... hhn starts being very active on twitter, talking to people, posting house pictures, and giving a specific time for the reveal, and everyones angry

Not angry, just surprised. It could have and should have been way better than the last two weeks have a twitter overtaken and whatever. It's the 25th for goodness sakes.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if someone cries foul that they were called a fool, has their feelings hurt, then complains and the Twitter feed gets shut down.  Such is the PC world we now live in.

if they can't call people fools (which really isn't that bad, at all) then we might as well cancel every Halloween event/haunt ever. 

Edited by ScottEdmondson41
  • Like 4

I find the Twitter commentary they are putting out to be entertaining.  So, I'm easily amused, I guess.  I think it's great they are responding, and also posting other pics and drawings.  I agree this should've been done sooner, but what the hell?

• Like 9

They're not winning anyone over by doing this. They can literally tweet "Hi" and it'll get retweeted. If they're trying to gain NEW fans of the event this childish marketing is a turnoff. If they want to lose existing fans then this is a good way to do it. If they're wanting to maintain a fanbase people want to think HHN will play into an overall scary theme, not some random Hot Topic ramblings of a 14 year old.

I don't know why people are excited about this year.

* Terrible marketing and social media

* Too much IP use

* IPs that are worn out

* Other than Blizzard pretty boring originals (Anniversary will be a letdown, Alice is cheesy 3D, etc)

* Scare zones which are not themed well AT ALL (nothing I've seen yet looks like it takes effort)

* Zero cohesion, mismanaged icon use, etc

* Questionable release schedule (if Scream is out then they absolutely should've released an original)

• Like 1

They're not winning anyone over by doing this. They can literally tweet "Hi" and it'll get retweeted. If they're trying to gain NEW fans of the event this childish marketing is a turnoff. If they want to lose existing fans then this is a good way to do it. If they're wanting to maintain a fanbase people want to think HHN will play into an overall scary theme, not some random Hot Topic ramblings of a 14 year old.

I don't know why people are excited about this year.

* Terrible marketing and social media

* Too much IP use

* IPs that are worn out

* Other than Blizzard pretty boring originals (Anniversary will be a letdown, Alice is cheesy 3D, etc)

* Scare zones which are not themed well AT ALL (nothing I've seen yet looks like it takes effort)

* Zero cohesion, mismanaged icon use, etc

* Questionable release schedule (if Scream is out then they absolutely should've released an original)

People are still excited because it's "HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS" They don't really care about what year or theme, unless they are a big fan. I know people who just go because hey, it's a big name event lets do it.

• Like 2

People are still excited because it's "HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS" They don't really care about what year or theme, unless they are a big fan. I know people who just go because hey, it's a big name event lets do it.

I agree, hence why they don't need to bring IPs back as much. They can have more creativity (which put them on the map), please every fan, and bring in more merchandise sales.

• Like 2