HHN 25 Discussion

The wrapped up item here is most likely a set of speakers they have mounted yet

can-stock-photo_csp8429194.jpg

Thanks. I had my doubts that was the blender. Putting one random prop on the stage before a set is even built would be bizarre even by Universal standards. They still need house speakers and amps for the RTU bands to plug into. Those would be put on stage before anything associated with HHN.

• Like 1

Thanks. I had my doubts that was the blender. Putting one random prop on the stage before a set is even built would be bizarre even by Universal standards. They still need house speakers and amps for the RTU bands to plug into. Those would be put on stage before anything associated with HHN.

I am glad I could clear that up for you Legacy :) 

The person giving the UTH tour told me that the voodoo show was cancelled bc of complaints. Some people will bitch about anything.

PeoriaBJJ, last year I worked at Roanoke so I had the opportunity to talk to the person who played the voodoo queen.  She said they canceled it because when the show was going on, there weren't enough other scareactors in the scarezone.  Sounds like the tour guide just gave a generic response, which is something I'm very familliar with having been in the theme park industry for the past 3 years!

I do believe that I heard something about someone trying to sue Universal because one of the people in the purge show called their daughter something derogatory though.

Edited by Futurion

PeoriaBJJ, last year I worked at Roanoke so I had the opportunity to talk to the person who played the voodoo queen.  She said they canceled it because when the show was going on, there weren't enough other scareactors in the scarezone. 

I do believe that I heard something about someone trying to sue Universal because one of the people in the purge show called their daughter something derogatory though.

The Purge incident was in Hollywood. They actually discontinued their auction setup because one of the actresses called some teenage girls whores. There's footage of the incident.

It's almost as asinine as Hollywood cancelling B&T or Chucky's Insult Emporium.

Guest kiwisoup

I personally think that having Jack's show at the stage by Mel's would be really cool. It would tie into the supposed carnival theme of the event because it will be like a sideshow. My thoughts anyway. 

Especially when you walk through the icon zone that seems to have a sideshow theme, leading right to the jack show

You see, I was pretty sure it was something like whore, but I didn't want to say anything specific because I wasn't 100% positive.

I think it's absurd!  You're coming to an event that's pretty much strictly designed for adults, and you complain when something adult-y happens?   Even worse, it's not like optimus prime said it during the daytime meet and greet, it was in a show that's all about the auction and cold blooded killing of random strangers.

Sorry, stupid people like that bother me...

• Like 4

I think the voodoo show wasn't cut because of the crowds but the theme and "message" the show was getting across. It was a real shame that such an awesome set was built and then barely used. Thankfully the show was not that complex and didn't require a ton of "learning" except for the Voodoo Queen. If the Jack show is anything like his last big "magic" style show he put on, it will be a lot more complex with a LOT more moving parts and training. I feel like they won't pull the plug so quickly because of all the money they have invested and the fact that they have confirmed 2 shows. The Voodoo show was never a "true" show and just a part of the scarezone so cutting it was no big deal. 

I still feel like the show will go on the current stage they have built. It is massive with an equally massive control booth opposite the stage. Plus, it explains why Jack's banners not up. It will go ON the stage. You will walk down the street seeing all the past Icon's and end up with Jack's massive set where his show will be put on. Also, the banners are currently in order from the most recent being closest to the entrance of the park being Usher. Then you move on to the next newest which is The Storyteller, then The Director, and then The Caretaker. The "first" and oldest one is Jack at the end of the street on his Stage. Sure some are left out, but just going by the order they hosted the event, they are currently in newest to oldest order. Might not mean anything, but it is a nice touch.

My hope is that the show is 10-15 minutes long and is put on every 30-45 minutes. If they only put the show on once an hour, I feel like the crowds in the area will be insane! The more you put it on, the more likely people are watch different shows. 

The BJ stage just doesn't fit. Its very small and can't be changed quickly. If they would have said the BJ show is closing on Sept. 8th with Disaster then they would have been able to change the stage enough to make it work but with it still happening during the day, it won't do him justice. I feel like this is A & D's big chance to prove to the marketing people that Icon's still work and draw in the crowds so they can go back to using them again and are going to do as much as they can to do Jack (and his legion of fans) justice.

• Like 5

Guest kiwisoup

The last show started with people that were caught being basically executed in unique ways on stage...I wouldn't be surprised if the couple from the sweepstakes videos ends up being the victims that are on stage for the show.

The last show started with people that were caught being basically executed in unique ways on stage...I wouldn't be surprised if the couple from the sweepstakes videos ends up being the victims that are on stage for the show.

Oh wow...that is a GREAT idea!! They could even show the videos as a sort of "pre-show" before it starts. 

But the thing is...RtU is the weekend before HHN starts. Which, as stated a few posts above me, would mean they have 5 days to set it up for HHN. I doubt the arches will be heavily themed, as that hasn't happened in like 7 years, so setting that up overnight won't be hard. There's reason to believe they can change this stage over in 5 days as well, but I wouldn't count on it, honestly. To have a recurring show in the middle of that plaza with the crowds nowadays would cause a major blockage in traffic flow, and on the 40k+ attendance nights, that's not gonna blow over well.

Personally, I'd rather Jack's show be in Beetlejuice's theater. It gets people off the streets, and the show could be longer. 

There's also the possibility that the Jack we have seen in the teasers will be in the stage show. I find the idea of an actor who has portrayed Beetlejuice bringing to life the icon he has helped establish compelling. It would be a nice send off for that theater. 

The final reason is purely wishful thinking. Rumor/spec is that the Traditionals will be in CP. I really, really want the Skoolhouse to make a glorious return. It would be fabulous, and Jack's show not being there would allow me to keep my hope alive. 

• Like 5

But the thing is...RtU is the weekend before HHN starts. Which, as stated a few posts above me, would mean they have 5 days to set it up for HHN. I doubt the arches will be heavily themed, as that hasn't happened in like 7 years, so setting that up overnight won't be hard. There's reason to believe they can change this stage over in 5 days as well, but I wouldn't count on it, honestly. To have a recurring show in the middle of that plaza with the crowds nowadays would cause a major blockage in traffic flow, and on the 40k+ attendance nights, that's not gonna blow over well.

But sticking Jack's show on the small BJ stage (with very few seats for the event size) won't work either because they would only have a couple of hours to change it...every single night. Same thing goes for Animal Actors. Those shows have to run during the day and quickly changing them over every night is not easy to do in 1-2 hours unless your happy with the current, awful looking BJ sets being the backdrop for Jack's return.

With the RtU stage, they will already have all the lights and sound systems set up and most likely programmed and ready to go. Taking down a few RtU banners and filling the stage with pre-built set pieces will not take that long. They can practice the show off site and then do final tests the night before employee preview. Much bigger sets get built in a LOT shorter period of time. I mean, look at major traveling concerts like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. Those MASSIVE sets with thousands of lights and special effects are built in less than a day, taken down, placed on trucks and driven to the next city and rebuilt the following the day for months. Adding a backdrop and a few set pieces can be done overnight easy! Its not like they have to physically build it on the stage. Just set up prebuilt stuff and secure it. 

I did some digging to see how quickly the Voodoo stage appeared. It went from basic steel poles with one side having the wood attached on 9-11-14 to being totally built and fully themed on 9-13-14. Take a look. These come from TheTimTracker videos. With the stage already built, they can easily fully theme it in a night or two if they could pull off this. 

9-11.jpg

9-13.jpg

Edited by Badge
  • Like 1

Personally, I'd rather Jack's show be in Beetlejuice's theater. It gets people off the streets, and the show could be longer. 

There's also the possibility that the Jack we have seen in the teasers will be in the stage show. I find the idea of an actor who has portrayed Beetlejuice bringing to life the icon he has helped establish compelling. It would be a nice send off for that theater. 

The final reason is purely wishful thinking. Rumor/spec is that the Traditionals will be in CP. I really, really want the Skoolhouse to make a glorious return. It would be fabulous, and Jack's show not being there would allow me to keep my hope alive. 

They have 3 nights to set up the arch and Jack's show.. Sunday night, Monday night, and Tuesday night.

Hopefully the reveal will answer all these questions 

• Like 1

The last video is coming out today. To be honest I'm kinda pumped for this one.

Anyway, I noticed some text on the sweepstakes website that has random characters in bold. I know the Jack's Maniacs text turned out to be nothing, but this one looks pretty suspicious to me. Check it out.

image.thumb.jpg.f13f6142287e4a60553b2c29

Edited by YouDontKnowJack

Anyway, I noticed some text on the sweepstakes website that has random characters in bold. I know the Jack's Maniacs text turned out to be nothing, but this one looks pretty suspicious to me. Check it out.

Red wud surd 31!

Honestly I think it's just nothing.  But you never know!

Edited by Futurion
Didn't see the 2 r's!
  • Like 1

On a different note, has anyone done the HHN survey on the website?  They're asking a lot about what kind of horror movies you watch, how scary you think the event will be, the impact you think the houses that have been announced thus far will have on the event, if any of the houses make you want to attend more, if you think having YET ANOTHER The Walking Dead is getting annoying, etc.

They're trying to find out what the GP really wants.

Guest kiwisoup

On a different note, has anyone done the HHN survey on the website?  They're asking a lot about what kind of horror movies you watch, how scary you think the event will be, the impact you think the houses that have been announced thus far will have on the event, if any of the houses make you want to attend more, if you think having YET ANOTHER The Walking Dead is getting annoying, etc.

ive done it twice this year. It's the same as last year. There's a more in depth survey they send you after the event as well. Not really anything new 

They also ask you what do you think of the theme 

d-r-i-n-k m-o-r-e o-v-a-l-t-i-n-e

• Like 7