HHN 25 Discussion

What if Run had multiple entrance points, and every 10 or so guests went in one then they switched?  I'm sure designing that maze would be ridiculously fun if you wanted to have to where it had multiple paths that didn't intersect while changing.  I bet it could be done. 

Completely apropos of nothing:  This is going to be my 4th year at HHN, and I've never attended the Bill and Ted show.  I just don't really follow pop-culture (no, I'm not one of those "I don't own even *own* a tv" people), so I figure it would be lost on me.  Does this sound like an accurate assessment?

The Run maze having multiple entrances is something I would like to see but on the other hand, I think that would be a Logistics nightmare (no pun intended). Much with the fight scene at the end of Freddy vs Jason, I think people will get upset for not being able to experience all parts of the maze. If someone is to wait upwards of 2 hours to see a maze, they would want to see it all in one fell swoop. Having multiple entrances is just more times people would have to go through a maze to experience everything, even if you aren't guaranteed to get the new entrance each time. 

Don't mean to be a negative nelly, but that's the issues I see coming up with that. Love the idea, but I;m not sure it would make for the best flow wise.  

Edited by IheartNARWHALS

The Run maze having multiple entrances is something I would like to see but on the other hand, I think that would be a Logistics nightmare (no pun intended). Much with the fight scene at the end of Freddy vs Jason, I think people will get upset for not being able to experience all parts of the maze. If someone is to wait upwards of 2 hours to see a maze, they would want to see it all in one fell swoop. Having multiple entrances is just more times people would have to go through a maze to experience everything, even if you aren't guaranteed to get the new entrance each time. 

Don't mean to be a negative nelly, but that's the issues I see coming up with that. Love the idea, but I;m not sure it would make for the best flow wise.  

But...

It could also be argued that it is a selling point. 

One of the key ingredients to the original Run maze was every walkthrough was different. You were never guaranteed a chance to see the entire maze. This was before express and the FFPs. You had to go through the house multiple times to be able to experience various pieces. 

Now, with the FFP and Express added to the mix, it would be a way to garner more visits to the event and house. 

From a business angle, it's a money maker. It is a compelling idea (multiple paths, varying experinces) that would be a selling point. 

I, of course, am unsure of how it could be logistically achieved with today's crowd sizes, but I can see the appeal from a business stand point. 

• Like 1

Ok everyone, with the reveal supposedly happening this week here's the final Speculation map for this year. There's been a few changes since the last one like The Purge and Insidious switching places and Jack's Show. Now we just sit back and wait to see how right we were on things this year and what we missed. ;)

HHN%2025%20Speculation%20Map_5.png~origi

• Like 8

Guest kiwisoup

Ok everyone, with the reveal supposedly happening this week here's the final Speculation map for this year. There's been a few changes since the last one like The Purge and Insidious switching places and Jack's Show. Now we just sit back and wait to see how right we were on things this year and what we missed. ;)

HHN%2025%20Speculation%20Map_6.png

The only nitpick is the 3D after Alice in Wonderland was removed because of hhnmatt and it never got put back lol

Hi.

This is a discussion forum. As such, things are discussed here. Most of those discussions center around HHN or similar haunt events.

Now, a necessary part of discussion forums is categorization. This is for several reasons, the most of which is accessibility. We could spend pages talking about how awesome a Ghostbusters house would be, but since a Ghostbusters house is not occurring at HHN 25, this would not be the proper thread for it. In a situation such as that, it is an appropriate response to ask that the discussion move to an appropriate location. That is to allow people who would prefer the discussion focus solely on what is happening at HHN25 to do so, and not dive through pages of irrelevant discussion.

In some scenarios, the relevance of a discussion is questionable. It is at this point that a discussion forum earns its name and posters discuss the topic at hand. It is widely believed that the discussion is best when logic, common sense, and rationality are applied to all sides. Because of the variables present in human nature, opinions may differ. Exercising those three traits previously mentioned allows those differences to be expressed without a devolution into personal attacks. That is recognizing that, sometimes, an individual may be hurt because others disagree with them. That is an unavoidable inevitability, though, so it is necessary to simply accept it. 

This tangent was brought to you by the letter G.

LOL did anyone else visualize Legacy RUNNING to his lap top to reply to this????

Legacy did you post as Wesker a couple years ago? Just curious, bc I havent seen that name in a while.

• Like 4

Some information. 

Passholders can purchase an Annual Passholder Halloween Horror Nights® Pin for $7.95 plus tax. For a limited time only, starting September 18, 2015, while supplies last. Must present valid Annual Pass at time of purchase. Premier and Preferred Passholder merchandise discounts apply.

All-you-care-to-eat themed dinner buffet. Dining will take place on September 18, 19, 25 and 26 . Opportunity for photos with some of the Scareactors from Halloween Horror Nights 25 event. Digital photo downloads with the icons from Halloween Horror Nights.

Dining Experience is not included with Halloween Horror Nights 2015 event admission. Separate fee, reservation and Halloween Horror Nights 2015 event admission required. The Halloween Horror Nights Scareactor Dining Experience is non-refundable and non-transferable. Prices, dates, times, menu, characters, entertainment and benefits are subject to availability and to change without notice.

Credit: Chuck Plagmann

NON2bY1.jpg

• Like 3

Some information. 

Passholders can purchase an Annual Passholder Halloween Horror Nights® Pin for $7.95 plus tax. For a limited time only, starting September 18, 2015, while supplies last. Must present valid Annual Pass at time of purchase. Premier and Preferred Passholder merchandise discounts apply.

All-you-care-to-eat themed dinner buffet. Dining will take place on September 18, 19, 25 and 26 . Opportunity for photos with some of the Scareactors from Halloween Horror Nights 25 event. Digital photo downloads with the icons from Halloween Horror Nights.

Dining Experience is not included with Halloween Horror Nights 2015 event admission. Separate fee, reservation and Halloween Horror Nights 2015 event admission required. The Halloween Horror Nights Scareactor Dining Experience is non-refundable and non-transferable. Prices, dates, times, menu, characters, entertainment and benefits are subject to availability and to change without notice.

Credit: Chuck Plagmann

NON2bY1.jpg

The dinner buffet sounds really cool...like a Disney Princess Dinner for adults :)  Too bad I don't fly down until the 30th.

Wesker! I was trying to remember that name. I respect Legacy because he is very informed. Wesker got a lot of people upset. 

Wesker was banned. And he moved.

The food thing is intriguing. Reminds me of HOS meal deal thingy

• Like 1

Looks like this is what they have to work with.  I don't remember if it was on here that I heard it, from a friend, or somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing someone say they're removing some of the seats from the theater to make room for the house. 

I may have a bit more insight for you guys come the 30th!

uorl.jpg

just a heads up dude. The 30th will be paperwork in animal actors that's it. No houses and no real details about the event that have not been revealed. 

So that pretty much confirms that the stage is for HHN and not just RTU? I know I'm alone in this, but I'm disappointed. The last two years they've given us huge, awesome set pieces in that spot (Obviously the voodoo hut was never used for its actual purpose, but it still looked awesome and tied the street together real well) and now it's just going to be a big stage I guess. I mean, obviously it's going to be wait and see with how they dress it and everything. Would've rather Jack just have his show in Beetlejuice and not taking up a prime spot on the streets.

Here's the thing: if that is where Jack's show is going to be, then I'll be curious to see how long the show last. They cut a show in the same spot last year because it was too long and the crowds were too big (supposedly). Are they thinking a show featuring Jack will be less of a draw, or will this confirm the Voodoo sacrifice was cut for other reasons? I wouldn't be shocked (again, if that is Jack's show) it's less than 10 minutes long or it gets cut after opening weekend. Again.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

Here's the thing: if that is where Jack's show is going to be, then I'll be curious to see how long the show last. They cut a show in the same spot last year because it was too long and the crowds were too big (supposedly). Are they thinking a show featuring Jack will be less of a draw, or will this confirm the Voodoo sacrifice was cut for other reasons? I wouldn't be shocked (again, if that is Jack's show) it's less than 10 minutes long or it gets cut after opening weekend. Again.

Think that show was cut for the other reasons, other than crowds.  It's worse by RRR and Monster's Cafe with all the queue's and the MIB area.  They don't seem to worry about that.   

They didn't worry back in 2006 and 2007 either, and it was pretty crowded during them shows.  More popular now?  Probably!  I don't see the BJ stage handling the show if it's anything compared to the previous two as far as sets and style.  Animal Actors possibly, not sure why they don't use that stage other than the animals being in the back.

I've been told the Beetlejuice stage will be used for HHN, and the fact that Beetlejuice is not closing on the same day as Disaster (9/8) is a good indication that the info was correct. We know RHPS isn't coming back, and there's only 2 shows (not counting whatever the costume party thing end ups being in NY), so there's a chance this stage is NOT for HHN, but only for RtU (And this isn't the first time that's happened. They've used this same stage in the same spot many times for RtU), and Jack will have an actual stage show for once in BJ. Now, I'd figure this would warrant Beetlejuice to go down for a bit to change up the stage, but if the show doesn't require a lot of cosmetic additions/changes, maybe not. Could be wrong about this, but that's my speculation based off the info I was given.

Also, that dining experience is the definition of ripoff. The price has been quoted as $50+ tax, and all you get is a buffet and pics with scareactors. You're gonna get WAY better photo op opportunities in the Icon zone, and Howl O Scream offers an upcharge event that gets you into Busch Gardens an hour before it closes, a buffet, a private showing of the worst show of all time (Fiends), and 2 hours of unlimited express. And the price is HALF of this event. No way in hell I'd pay for this, but to each his own.

I am not sure I understand all the complaining about the "Jack Show" stage location (if it is indeed in front of mels). They have used this location during previous icons shows and had no issue at all. 

Yes, understand that attendance has skyrocketed since then, 

Edited by darkdelusions