HHN 25 Discussion

See the trick to going especially if you traveling long distances to come is fly in on a Wednesday and get a FFP.

This allows you to go 2 nights for the cost of 1 admission. Hell this year due to the dates I am going I get 3 nights for the price of 1

Thanks - but already doing that , my friend.  Once we started doing multiple weekends, FFP+ only made sense. We fly in late on Wednesday, and we go Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  This year, we are even doing Sunday (the last night of the event).  

Anybody think an announcement might be made today given that it's 25 days 'til the 25 years? I doubt that marketing would make such a simplistic connection but you never know, I've been more surprised before by these.

Nope. Doing it tomorrow (the 25th) would make more sense. But even then, the 27th is more likely because reasons.

Oh come on!  Make the announcements already!  The more stuff I've read here lately, the more excited I am getting because it seems there is WAY MORE to this year's event than the list of houses we all have been discussing for months.  The simple things like old school Halloween decorations and PUMPKINS going up all over the place makes me squeal like a little girl, and the banners honoring past icons is just stellar!  Even the recent discussion that possible characters (other than icons) may show in the scarezones (I'm thinking specifically of LaLlorna) is a huge deal for some of us.   As the old saying goes.. sometimes it's the little things..

• Like 6

Here's my prediction. Around 5:00 pm they will make a post that simply says "Don't go to sleep"

Everyone will think this means around midnight so they will stay up late. However, nothing will happen and the flaming will commence. Then, around 6:00 AM they will unceremoniously post the entire reveal on their website. Around 9:00 AM marketing will realize this happened and will hastily post the announcement on FB and Twitter.

Oh sorry I'm having flashbacks to 2013

Yeah... fun times :P

• Like 11

One of the rumored scare zones is a drive-in theatre, if this is correct, that would require cars.

Unless Jack and Eddie will be drag racing down Hollywood Blvd. like Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. Which would be awesome, but impractical.

perhaps one should drag race like Vin Diesel and not so much like Paul Walker

Anybody think an announcement might be made today given that it's 25 days 'til the 25 years? I doubt that marketing would make such a simplistic connection but you never know, I've been more surprised before by these.

I was thinking that.

<wishful thinking> Announce final IP today, then tomorrow do a full reveal~ </end wishful thinking>

Definitely excited for RUN. I sincerely hope that they use the moving fences; I have only ever read about the original RUN house but this sounds very cool.

I also want to see those moving fences, but I wonder if they will be able to pull it off. That would stop the flow of guests into the maze. Hopefully they can find a solution to incorporate the moving walls.

What if Run had multiple entrance points, and every 10 or so guests went in one then they switched?  I'm sure designing that maze would be ridiculously fun if you wanted to have to where it had multiple paths that didn't intersect while changing.  I bet it could be done. 

Completely apropos of nothing:  This is going to be my 4th year at HHN, and I've never attended the Bill and Ted show.  I just don't really follow pop-culture (no, I'm not one of those "I don't own even *own* a tv" people), so I figure it would be lost on me.  Does this sound like an accurate assessment?

*Makes post about how HHN should announce everything already*

*Makes detailed explanation on how excited I am for HHN*

Now gimmie my ten likes.

I will give you a "like" if you make a real post about the announcement and a real detailed explanation about your excitement.  Probably not.  But hey, you already got 7 likes so I'm sure you'll reach your goal.  If you like mine, I will like yours back.  You go first.

• Like 1

@Freak I agree with your general point, but in defense of some posters it almost seems as if whenever someone brings up a crazy or interesting view point they get jumped on and told "that's just not logical" or get told to go post elsewhere. Just a sad state of affairs

Hi.

This is a discussion forum. As such, things are discussed here. Most of those discussions center around HHN or similar haunt events.

Now, a necessary part of discussion forums is categorization. This is for several reasons, the most of which is accessibility. We could spend pages talking about how awesome a Ghostbusters house would be, but since a Ghostbusters house is not occurring at HHN 25, this would not be the proper thread for it. In a situation such as that, it is an appropriate response to ask that the discussion move to an appropriate location. That is to allow people who would prefer the discussion focus solely on what is happening at HHN25 to do so, and not dive through pages of irrelevant discussion.

In some scenarios, the relevance of a discussion is questionable. It is at this point that a discussion forum earns its name and posters discuss the topic at hand. It is widely believed that the discussion is best when logic, common sense, and rationality are applied to all sides. Because of the variables present in human nature, opinions may differ. Exercising those three traits previously mentioned allows those differences to be expressed without a devolution into personal attacks. That is recognizing that, sometimes, an individual may be hurt because others disagree with them. That is an unavoidable inevitability, though, so it is necessary to simply accept it. 

This tangent was brought to you by the letter G.

• Like 10

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I completely understand the need for categorization. But when the thread is a general "discussion" thread I just believe that one should expect some random viewpoints and just general statements about what the poster wants or is excited for.

Apologies if someone already addressed this post, but it was one made at some point last week and I meant to respond to it, but then forgot.  The post was a mention about certain characters from some a house and made mentioned of either a speculation or a hint that these characters might make an appearance outside their house.  I think most thought it referenced the Hallowed Past house.  When I read it, the first thought the popped to mind with the NLC characters.  I think someone said that back in 2006, there were plans to have them outside their individual houses, in a shared zone type environment.  But NLC, at the time, would not permit that and they were all to remain isolated solely within their respective houses.  But, being as FvJ brings them together, is there any rumors floating around about these two making outside appearances?