HHN 25 Discussion

The days of games on the main site are behind us.. Sadly

You can still play games on the Singapore site. There's a contest involved with prizes including tickets to their Event.

IDK if the contest is open to Americans, nor whether they would include the airfare though!

But the games are fun, and sometimes scary.

• Like 3

And again, they deserve a homage in scarezone form.

Central Park/Mel's. Lumberjack werewolves. Just park a flatbed trailer with logs strapped to the back where the voodoo shack was. Allow the Chainsaws to be human while sun is still up, then slide on furry sleeves and a mask. It would legit be amazing.

• Like 1

I'm very excited to see how they pull off a maze in the Shrek venue. Is the space big enough for a normal sized house? I could never tell.

Looks like this is what they have to work with.  I don't remember if it was on here that I heard it, from a friend, or somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing someone say they're removing some of the seats from the theater to make room for the house. 

I may have a bit more insight for you guys come the 30th!

uorl.jpg

• Like 1

Here is my theory for the Shrek maze. They are going to use the extended queue for sure and the location will be like Disaster where it is "outdoors". The Red line is part of the extended queue if I am not mistaken. The size of that area is roughly the size of the tent houses behind Simpsons and would work as a location for the house. The green line is a possible queue setup. The blue line is the exit. The blue and green could be flipped because the green section doesn't seem like enough space for a queue. However, I am not sure how far back they are going to want to put the line, but there is a ton of space behind the Shrek building to put it. I just feel like putting the queue closer to the park entrance makes more sense so when guest exit the house, they are not crossing the path of people just entering to the park and heading to this house first. 

It is also possible that the blue line remains the exit (dumping you into a scarezone) and the queue line starts next to the Transformers meet and greet area and snakes around behind the Shrek building. This would solve all the congestion problems of having the entrance and exit right next to each other. Other houses do it just fine, but for a new location, it might be best.

I highly doubt we will enter the Shrek building at all. I feel like it will all happen behind the building and in the extended queue only. This is also the first house not to be "backstage" or right next to it, so they have to do something about cast change. I feel like having them walk across the street at the start of a scarezone is not the best idea. Instead, I could see them using the inside of the Shrek building, adding a trailer or two, and even using the Transformers area for cast breaks and makeup. 

shrek house.jpg

Edited by Badge

Here is my theory for the Shrek maze. They are going to use the extended queue for sure and the location will be like Disaster where it is "outdoors". The Red line is part of the extended queue if I am not mistaken. The size of that area is roughly the size of the tent houses behind Simpsons and would work as a location for the house. The green line is a possible queue setup. The blue line is the exit. The blue and green could be flipped because the green section doesn't seem like enough space for a queue. However, I am not sure how far back they are going to want to put the line, but there is a ton of space behind the Shrek building to put it. I just feel like putting the queue closer to the park entrance makes more sense so when guest exit the house, they are not crossing the path of people just entering to the park and heading to this house first. 

It is also possible that the blue line remains the exit (dumping you into a scarezone) and the queue line starts next to the Transformers meet and greet area and snakes around behind the Shrek building. This would solve all the congestion problems of having the entrance and exit right next to each other. Other houses do it just fine, but for a new location, it might be best.

I highly doubt we will enter the Shrek building at all. I feel like it will all happen behind the building and in the extended queue only. This is also the first house not to be "backstage" or right next to it, so they have to do something about cast change. I feel like having them walk across the street at the start of a scarezone is not the best idea. Instead, I could see them using the inside of the Shrek building, adding a trailer or two, and even using the Transformers area for cast breaks and makeup. 

shrek house.jpg

I don't know.  Looking again at Google Earth, and looking at the sprung tents, I feel like there's just not enough space in the extended queue area alone.  Also I'm not too familiar with the backstage area, but isn't that where the transformers meet and greet is located?  There has to be somewhere already set up back there for entertainment to get dressed.

Has anyone seen Shrek recently to see if it looks like anything is going on in the theatre?

I actually think that they will use all of the Shrek extended queue as well as the normal queue space for line for the house. We already know that they've taken the seats out of the second Shrek theater and leveled the floors for the house so I believe the entire house will be inside the theater, sort of like an extra Soundstage house this year. 

• Like 1

I actually think that they will use all of the Shrek extended queue as well as the normal queue space for line for the house. We already know that they've taken the seats out of the second Shrek theater and leveled the floors for the house so I believe the entire house will be inside the theater, sort of like an extra Soundstage house this year. 

See, I was sure I heard that somewhere!  Plus I wouldn't think a 3D house would work outside.  Then again, I don't really know.  I've never been in a 3D house before.

The 22nd is my only night off from the event, so I'm going to gather some friends up, get an express pass, and try to catch all 9 houses in one night!

EDIT: Nevermind. Discovered after some more research Shrek indeed has two theaters which I still find so strange since I have been countless times and only ever been inside one (with and without Express).

Edited by Badge

I've only ever been through Shrek 4D once (the seats are so obnoxious!) so I don't really have very much insight to what the house could possibly be like in the theater.  The only reason I was thinking it couldn't really be outside is because that hour or so of sunlight after the event first opens would ruin the show!  But like I said, I've never been in a 3D house so I'm not sure how it really works.  But I like what imcool2 was saying about the vortex tunnel idea!  I guess only time will tell! 

25 more days!  And like I said, I'll let you guys know what I can let you know when rehearsals start!  Just don't expect any spoilers. :P  Sorry.

I believe the Shrek Building is about 20,000 sqft (if I remember earlier discussions correctly). 

If the buildings two theaters are spilt equally and taking away the retail space (I'll be generous and say 2,000sqft for the gift shop), that's roughly 9,000 sqft for each theater including the preshow area. 

To compare, both tents are 40 X 120, so only 4,800 sqft of space for each. 

Shrek's interior should give us plenty of room for a house. 

• Like 2

One of the rumored scare zones is a drive-in theatre, if this is correct, that would require cars.

Unless Jack and Eddie will be drag racing down Hollywood Blvd. like Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. Which would be awesome, but impractical.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy
  • Like 6