HHN 25 Discussion

I haven't been to Universal in the last few weeks, but from what I've seen on the forums, everything looks awesome!

(P.S. Not sure if this really matters to anyone or not, but they are starting to send us emails telling us our roles, and our rehearsals start on the 30th, so expect a full reveal in the next day or so!)

how many others will be scaring this year? Should we even bother to make a thread?

A quick comment to those saying they don't care for IP's, and those complaining about marketing;  sources have told me that Universal has already sold 60% more HHN packages as of now, than they did last year at the same time.  And that's with the limited house announcements and delays so far!  So it would seem, at least to the general public, IP houses and the marketing team are doing something right.  Today's GP lives in a world with a lot of consumerism, so when they are at Universal, hearing about HHN for the first time, and they see a great big TWD or Purge logo hanging up there, they will be much more likely to get the HHN add-on ticket for the night than if they just saw 9 original houses they know nothing about.  In the eye of the general consumer, if they want an original haunt, they can go to a private one back at home.  This is the only place in the world where they can step into a realistically recreated version of their favorite TV show or movie. Why do you think Halloween was house of the year last year?  The actual HHN fanatics like us that care about originals consist of probably less than 1% of their market. 

So long story short, don't expect IP's to be going anywhere any time soon!  Much too profitable!  Money > Satisfying us 100%

Edited by Futurion
  • Like 3

I don't know what House of the Year you're referring to, but as far as I'm concerned there is an actual house of the year sorted out by Entertainment at the year, just like there's a scareactor of the week and such.

Does anyone know the specific accolades that are given out?

So long story short, don't expect IP's to be going anywhere any time soon!  Much too profitable!  Money > Satisfying us 100%

Some IPs bring in crowds but not all of them. I believe that TWD alone was responsible for the mass crowds. Could anyone actually believe that Dracula Untold or Silent Hill alone would've brought in those crowds without TWD? I've been to 07 and 09 which were IP heavy and the crowds then were nowhere near as big as it is now. Granted really big IPs bring in a lot of money like TWD leading to more houses and content. What Universal needs to do is to find out which IPs bring in crowds and which ones aren't and bring in a balance of Originals and the IPs that are proven hits. One day Universal will no longer have TWD at it's disposal and that will be the true test of IPs at HHN.

I'm not against IPs heck there's some IP I wouldn't mind seeing one year.

A quick comment to those saying they don't care for IP's, and those complaining about marketing;  sources have told me that Universal has already sold 60% more HHN packages as of now, than they did last year at the same time.  And that's with the limited house announcements and delays so far!  So it would seem, at least to the general public, IP houses and the marketing team are doing something right.  Today's GP lives in a world with a lot of consumerism, so when they are at Universal, hearing about HHN for the first time, and they see a great big TWD or Purge logo hanging up there, they will be much more likely to get the HHN add-on ticket for the night than if they just saw 9 original houses they know nothing about.  In the eye of the general consumer, if they want an original haunt, they can go to a private one back at home.  This is the only place in the world where they can step into a realistically recreated version of their favorite TV show or movie. Why do you think Halloween was house of the year last year?  The actual HHN fanatics like us that care about originals consist of probably less than 1% of their market. 

i dont consider myself GP, and even I would rather a well done IP than a well done original. 

Are we not going to see Lady Luck in the icons scarezone?

We might. There's A LOT we might see in that zone.

In regards to HotY, there's a lot that goes in to it. Cast turnover, customer throughput (number of people that go through), number of call-ins, number of injuries, director votes, and guest surveys all go into the selection.

Edited by Legacy

Some IPs bring in crowds but not all of them. I believe that TWD alone was responsible for the mass crowds. Could anyone actually believe that Dracula Untold or Silent Hill alone would've brought in those crowds without TWD? I've been to 07 and 09 which were IP heavy and the crowds then were nowhere near as big as it is now. Granted really big IPs bring in a lot of money like TWD leading to more houses and content. What Universal needs to do is to find out which IPs bring in crowds and which ones aren't and bring in a balance of Originals and the IPs that are proven hits. One day Universal will no longer have TWD at it's disposal and that will be the true test of IPs at HHN.

I'm not against IPs heck there's some IP I wouldn't mind seeing one year.

I'm hoping for every season of AHS after TWD! 

A quick comment to those saying they don't care for IP's, and those complaining about marketing;  sources have told me that Universal has already sold 60% more HHN packages as of now, than they did last year at the same time.  And that's with the limited house announcements and delays so far! 

And what it sounds like to me is that there are people getting paid too much to do basically nothing. 

Maybe Mike can fly back to the UK again next year to promote Scream.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

Like I said in another forum, some of us are worse than wrestling fans. :)

If HHN had a Money in the Bank Briefcase, I probably would have made a replica myself and ran up and hit Mike over the head in London (not for real obviously) had I been there to witness that.

Oh... I flew here to show you a preview of this ip were going to have, but wait, we can't show it. That is when my wrestling fan fever kicked in. I definitely feel like I began turning heel at that point. Well really the beginning was definitely AWiL, but oh well... I guess for a few more weeks I'll be the heel.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

Like I said a couple of days ago, AHS probably won't be attempted for a long time after the whole Scream debacle. 

Part of me thinks they haven't even attempted AHS after the last time they attempted it. Either way for anyone who's thinking about AHS, remember this...a couple years ago HHN tried to get a AHS house. However they ran into some serious creative differences with that IP, which lead to it getting scrapped and replaced with Evil Dead.

Several things would have to budge in order for AHS to happen, and considering the egos of some behind AHS I don't see them budging. As mentioned way earlier one of the only possible ways AHS could happen would be in the form of a extreme house, and even then that's a bit of a stretch. (Yes, this year the event had a extreme house in mind before it got cut via budget...but they had Hellgate Prison in mind, not AHS.)

• Like 1

If HHN had a Money in the Bank Briefcase, I probably would have made a replica myself and ran up and hit Mike over the head in London (not for real obviously) had I been there to witness that.

Oh... I flew here to show you a preview of this ip were going to have, but wait, we can't show it. That is when my wrestling fan fever kicked in. I definitely feel like I began turning heel at that point. Well really the beginning was definitely AWiL, but oh well... I guess for a few more weeks I'll be the heel.

Nah cash it in. Seamus is horrible with money in the bank. Give it to Owens!

Rollins champ through 2015! I can't wait for black vs Steen.

Part of me thinks they haven't even attempted AHS after the last time they attempted it. Either way for anyone who's thinking about AHS, remember this...a couple years ago HHN tried to get a AHS house. However they ran into some serious creative differences with that IP, which lead to it getting scrapped and replaced with Evil Dead.

Several things would have to budge in order for AHS to happen, and considering the egos of some behind AHS I don't see them budging. As mentioned way earlier one of the only possible ways AHS could happen would be in the form of a extreme house, and even then that's a bit of a stretch. (Yes, this year the event had a extreme house in mind before it got cut via budget...but they had Hellgate Prison in mind, not AHS.)

Jimmy said that it was tried again in 2014 but they didn't meet Fox's demands. Disneyhead on OU said towards the start of speculation season he has reason to believe it was coming this year, but no such luck.

Edited by Dead Inside
  • Like 2

Jimmy said that it was tried again in 2014 but they didn't meet Fox's demands. Disneyhead on OU said towards the start of speculation season he has reason to believe it was coming this year, but no such luck.

I think it could have been relevant in 2014. Not on the same level as TWD or even AWiL, but, say, Silent Hill or The Purge.

I think that time has since passed; critics and viewers seemed to turn on the last two installments. Unless this Gaga one knocks it out of the park, not sure AHS will even still be a thing come Fall 2016.

• Like 1

Oh come on you guys, was Lady Luck really that bad? Maybe I'm biased because that was my first year, but it was the last year we got an icon until now. I enjoyed how Lady Luck was storied to fit the event all together. The site games were also really cool, but the zones and houses were also very grand. I would love to see her spade minion men again etc. etc. Her costuming may have been hecka lame but it was still a cool event none the less, I really hope they put Lady Lucks banner out and maybe it's a stall for some other icons as well. I doubt it though.  I'm just going to say why are we always complaining when they put something out like we have some people pumped to see all these icons, but we are like "ehhh they are bland" or "some were lame" "take it out", it could be someones first time here. I'm just dreaming in my field of dreams that she will be out there with her wheel. (sorry for feeling so strongly about a fictional character)

• Like 2

Oh come on you guys, was Lady Luck really that bad? Maybe I'm biased because that was my first year, but it was the last year we got an icon until now. I enjoyed how Lady Luck was storied to fit the event all together. The site games were also really cool, but the zones and houses were also very grand. I would love to see her spade minion men again etc. etc. Her costuming may have been hecka lame but it was still a cool event none the less, I really hope they put Lady Lucks banner out and maybe it's a stall for some other icons as well. I doubt it though.  I'm just going to say why are we always complaining when they put something out like we have some people pumped to see all these icons, but we are like "ehhh they are bland" or "some were lame" "take it out", it could be someones first time here. I'm just dreaming in my field of dreams that she will be out there with her wheel. (sorry for feeling so strongly about a fictional character)

she may not have a poster but...