HHN 25 Discussion

Some digging around led me to an article where it was said that the B&W Monsters and Color Monsters would be battling eachother. Not sure how true that is, but it stood out to me. I'm thinking maybe B&W is classic monsters and the such, and color is the more modern stuff (like the IP Mazes). I could see classic slashers in that case.

Well that sounds bloody brilliant, like a new age slashers vs Monster Squad villains. If this is true my life would be complete. 

• Like 1

Well that sounds bloody brilliant, like a new age slashers vs Monster Squad villains. If this is true my life would be complete. 

one cast will be grayscale and the other be more modern horror. I think people will be very pleased with some of the characters they are bringing out

• Like 2

Let me preface my comments by saying that I am excited about this event.  I really, really am.  When i saw the construction pic that was posted yesterday showing the pumpkins back in the trees - well, dammit, that made my whole day!  Anyway, while I am excited, i am slightly disappointed in the info we have so far.  I would've thought that a 25th anniversary would've brought ass-loads of marketing from EARLY on (like at least a month ago for big stuff and even sooner on the website to tease, tease, tease).  I expected bigger things in regards to the houses - meaning a real mix of some of the most classic, iconic things they've done over 25 years.  I've been attending for 10 years - this will be my 11th.  So, I don't have as much history as some of you, but I still have enough to remember some really, really great stuff. 

While I understand the business argument for bringing in TWD again - I stupidly thought (wished, hoped) that they would let it go this year and make the 25th anniversary be the focus of the whole event.  Not thrilled about The Purge either, but I understand why they had to go with that due to the short, short time frame they have to fix the Scream debacle.  I do find it interesting that the talk has been that Murdy knew what a pain in the ass the IP holders were for this, and he refused to go near it - yet Orlando rolled the dice in an anniversary year to try and nail it.  While I admire the gamble, I wish they would've played that game in a non-anniversary year.  I realize shit happens, things go wrong.. but this year is special, and I would've thought they would be extra careful about everything they chose for it.  

Maybe I'm a dreamer and hoped for this HUGE thing. when, in reality, the corporate powers that be would never allow them to really do the kind of event I think we are all wishing for this year.  

I understand we do not have all the official info yet.  I also understand that we have very little on details for the unannounced stuff.  I am not worried.  I know there will be AMAZING stuff this year, and I am looking forward to being there as often as I can.  I trust A&D to give me the best Halloween every year, and they have never disappointed me.

As for Run - does anyone else hear the old Iron Maiden song Run to the Hills in their heads when someone mentions this?  "Run to the hills.. run for your lives.."  Ok, I'm old.  But I am sure some of you boys would like this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZlDZPYzfm4

• Like 10

im going to retract my list. family member was an intern and had meetings in regards to hhn. im not a troll. just got wrong info. hes an idiot lol i blame him. he misheard info. and wasnt told of run so u can see the seperation of BC and PS. sorry lol

An intern in meetings in regards to HHN? Doesn't seem likely, based on the idea that people have gotten fired for leaking info. Somebody who is an intern probably would be near this kind of stuff for that reason. But I could be wrong. 

• Like 3

I was hoping to hear some iron maiden while waiting in the queue.

As for Run - does anyone else hear the old Iron Maiden song Run to the Hills in their heads when someone mentions this?  "Run to the hills.. run for your lives.."  Ok, I'm old.  But I am sure some of you boys would like this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZlDZPYzfm4

I have been thinking this for weeks haha I don't think we'll hear this in the house but I have hopes to hear it in the queue video

• Like 1

I'm currently at USO and cut under a rope at Disaster to go to the prop area (I asked for permission; I'm not a rebel), and I could see a bit of the house construction. The entrance to the house looked like it was where the Disaster queue house normally lets out. Also there was an arch way with red and yellow fun house lights. I snapped a picture but it won't load, I'll share when I get home tonight 

• Like 5

Some digging around led me to an article where it was said that the B&W Monsters and Color Monsters would be battling eachother. Not sure how true that is, but it stood out to me. I'm thinking maybe B&W is classic monsters and the such, and color is the more modern stuff (like the IP Mazes). I could see classic slashers in that case.

I could definitely dig this. Modern horror versus the original squad? That'd be pretty awesome.

• Like 2

I do believe someone said that just the other day, or mentioned it from a tweet.  It's my most anticipated house.

Because... it's the original you know most about?

but it kind of shows A&D's mentality too. Sure they say IP this and IP that. But what houses and concepts do they pull out year after year and tout? THERE ideas.

Mod note: I feel like I must address something here that is becoming a hindrance in our discussion.

Those who think they may have some inside info about the event please consider that you are risking your credibility and your reputation. I realize we all love rumors and I do like to post about simple rumors here and there I hear going around regarding HHN and the parks; however, when you post with the "this is happening FOR SURE" tone, realize you are putting your credibility and, most likely, your reputation on the line. Be prepared for criticism and correction if proven wrong.

With that said, let's be professional and civil when it comes to such. No need for harsh language or condescending posts. There is certainly room for civil discussion and criticism in an adult manner, but we must keep it that way. I had to hide a couple of more harsh posts to keep our posting environment more enjoyable to post in. Please think for a second to filter your thoughts before posting. Thanks guys!

• Like 9

I am so excited now seeing all the pictures of stuff showing up in the streets! Can't wait!

My only issue so far with all the pre-event stuff is the lack of promotion. For the 25th year, I was really hoping they would make a return to the old style of websites with the interactive games, puzzles, and clues that would reveal more backstory. They don't seem to be hyping up the big event this time around. We have seen Jack once and that was way back in May! Some backstory of what he has been doing the past few years would have been nice. 

Hopefully it is still coming and we will get some fun stuff when the Original houses are announced. If they are bringing back all the Icons for a scarezone/maze, I would love to know what they have been up to. The backstory for the Original houses really enhance the whole event for me and I have been disappointed the past few years as they have gone away from the awesome website designs to a bland and boring design. Wish Marketing would let A & D have some control back like they had no IP's to worry about when it came to promoting the event. 

Because... it's the original you know most about?

I think more so because I'm biased to 2008.  I loved the house that year and it was the first year I experienced the Collectors.  That year was also the start of the recession and lines were very manageable that year, especially on non-peak nights.  I remember going through that house so many times and many just being my girlfriend and me as the sole guests walking through.  I've been hoping for a return of the house ever since.  Conversely, I've never been a fan of any of the Psychoscarepy houses.  But with A&D supposedly giving this year's house a lot of love, I'm looking forward to it.  Everyone has that one house they remember most and 2008's Body Collectors is mine.  Combine that with the return of the jack-o-lanterns and I'm content at this point.  Hopefully I'll still be after attending the first night.

• Like 1

Good point Freak.

Also, never single out a source. It could really hurt them. Even if they are wrong.

I bash Universal... and have leaked plenty of stuff I probably shouldn't... But I will never say WHO it was. People get fired for that stuff.

Anyway, No need to fill the thread with "told ya so" it happens. But you can't expect any less when you tell people they are wrong :P

• Like 8

Yes Blizzard sounds more and more exciting with every minuscule update (or rumor) we receive and is highly anticipated on my list. Alice is also simply because I loved the Asylum scarezone in 08 however the 3D aspect of the house concerns me since the most recent 3D houses I personally haven't enjoyed especially Afterlife, I really didn't like that one, and seemed just cheap so I hope Alice isn't a cheap house with just some checkered pattern styling and  3D tricks  and some reused outfits. 

I'm planning on doing BOTH BTS tours, so thats 6 houses...so scream being cut out at the last minute makes me hope that The Purge isn't going to be included on the tours as it's too last second.

I'm really hoping for:
FvJ
TWD (LOVE the show, so seeing it recreated with the lights on is awesome, regardless of the quality of going through it live)
Blizzard (The picture they posted is awesome and hoping the rest is of a similar vein)

And
AWiL
Alice in Wonderland (I for one love the 3D houses and photos of them still "work" with the glasses at home...got some great pics of Penn & Teller)
And....I guess Insidious?  They seem to always do 2 IPs and 1 Original (at least for 2 years I've done)

Would be soooo happy if they made one tour be 2 originals and 1 IP. Like in my second lineup replacing Insidious with the Anniversary House.  That has to be on a tour, right?  So i'm guessing Alice is out :-(

Anybody heard any rumors about the contents of the two different tours?

I have no way to know if i'm right or not but I can't see Alice(Asylum) or Run being used. Uncertainty about the Shrek location & they never use Disaster houses due to safety issues. If I had to guess at this point i'd say

TWD, Blizzard, Anniversary, Insidious, Freddy VS. Jason are guarantees for the tour. AWIL is the Wild Card & due to what it used to(& should still) be I want The Purge included as well. I can't see them not showing off the two soundstage originals & i'm guessing also that they will try to get the sprungs used in the morning tour due to it getting so hot in there in the afternoon. Last year we spent next to no time in the sprung in the morning because of the heat.

TWD, Insidious & Blizzard- Morning

FvJ, Anniversary & The Purge or AWIL- Afternoon.

I think they should've added a 4th to each tour so we could see 8 houses only missing Run but perhaps that will be on the table for another year(30 my guess if not before, by then we could tour all houses since Disaster won't be used by then.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1