HHN 25 Discussion

Good point, I was thinking anniversary because to me at least it looks like they're in some kind of warehouse. Perhaps the props warehouse? In regards to AMWiL, I personally don't think it deserves its own reveal as we aren't far removed from its first appearance. But due to the GP's love of IP's I'm sure it will be. 

• Like 2

Ive been feeling super depressed and introspective following the news that Scream has been scrapped and will be replaced with Purge. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Purge house will be really good but I'm definitely going to be bummed out waiting in the queue for Purge thinking what could've been. Anybody in the same boat?

• Like 6

Ive been feeling super depressed and introspective following the news that Scream has been scrapped and will be replaced with Purge. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Purge house will be really good but I'm definitely going to be bummed out waiting in the queue for Purge thinking what could've been. Anybody in the same boat?

I guess I am too. I really am a big fan of scream. I always really like the tongue in cheek, not super serious feel to it all and I was really excited to see the house. That being said I am sure the Purge will be fine for a house and I'm sure it will be fun. 

The only reason we knew scream got canned is that we knew that it was supposed to happen. The general public never even knew it was going to be a house and I think it will be fun to walk through and see what it could have been as the scream house. I think it will be fun to see a scene and be like "oh I see where that was going originally." 

• Like 3

Weird Al get permission for all his songs.

what law protects under parody?? Serious question.

Weird Al CHOOSES to ask permission, but is under no legal obligation to do so. Parody is protected speech under the first amendment of the constitution.

Oh man we have members named Nard Dog and Prison Mike now. Love it!

Does anyone know if there's going to be any legit original content this year?  Seems like we are getting IPs and HHN throw backs. 

Nope. That's it. The one "original" house is a spin-off from Scary Tales. But it's an Anniversary year. It's what everyone should have expected.

• Like 1

We will not receive another announcement till full reveal. 1 IP + 4 "originals" will be announced by the end of August, as per mikes tweet. 

Also kinda disappointed that the supposed "2 in 1" house mentioned by Coast is A&D's favorite. Though obvious why, that probably means Hallow'd Past isn't as good, (but I could be wrong) and I was kinda looking forward to some nostalgia.

Edited by Marco-S

honestly Im not a HUGE fan of either film(s). But I am a fan of haunted houses! Im sure it will be awesome. I have been through quite a few mazes at HHN over the years and Ive only went through ONE I didnt like. Im sure it will rock!

(sorry to anyone in the Alice Cooper house)

Oh man we have members named Nard Dog and Prison Mike now. Love it!

Does anyone know if there's going to be any legit original content this year?  Seems like we are getting IPs and HHN throw backs. 

Haha, glad you like it. Do you guys think that we'll get the full reveal minus AWiL this week, or AWiL this week and then the full reveal next week? Also, is Jack supposed to be in charge of RUN or will he be the main subject of the anniversary house?

Don't expect any more reveals until next week. The Purge being announced yesterday feels like a last minute shift from the every-other-Thursday schedule we were on because they were finalizing it. I'd still expect the full reveal, to include AWIL, between the 25th and the 28th (but most likely the 27th).

Haha, glad you like it. Do you guys think that we'll get the full reveal minus AWiL this week, or AWiL this week and then the full reveal next week? Also, is Jack supposed to be in charge of RUN or will he be the main subject of the anniversary house?

As I have stated previously, I believe that RUN will be Jack's house. Not only would that explain the carnival prize previously seen hanging over the wall, but a TM working at Disaster told me that from the little she had seen/heard, she believed that there was a clown theme involved. Once again, this is just an educated guess.

That video sucked. Period.

HHN25 will be a letdown. Promise you.

I'm more excited for HHN 25 than I was for HHN 23 or 24, TBH. Maybe that's just because I've never experienced an "icon year" in person.

Edited by YouDontKnowJack
  • Like 2

That video sucked. Period.

HHN25 will be a letdown. Promise you.

Just cuz we've gotten crappy 30 second videos and bad marketing doesn't mean the event will be a letdown. Just because there's more IPs than originals doesn't it will be a letdown. Just because it's not the way it used to be in it's "golden years" doesn't mean it's bad, nor doesn't mean it will be a letdown. 

Things change. The event has evolved to a more commercial state and I'm not saying you have to like it, you're very much entitled to your own opinion, but assuming the event's gonna be a letdown when over half of it hasn't been officially revealed, nor has it even started, is ludicrous, imo. 

But yeah, these videos are pretty damn bad. 

Back to speculation, anyone have any guesses on names for the originals? I'd say Alice in Wonderland 3D would be the easiest for that house, RUN: Jack's Carnival of Carnage or something like that, Psychoscarepy: Origins (can't think of any good ones for Blizzard), HHN: 25 Years of Horror or something along those lines. 

• Like 9

Just cuz we've gotten crappy 30 second videos and bad marketing doesn't mean the event will be a letdown. Just because there's more IPs than originals doesn't it will be a letdown. Just because it's not the way it used to be in it's "golden years" doesn't mean it's bad, nor doesn't mean it will be a letdown. 

Things change. The event has evolved to a more commercial state and I'm not saying you have to like it, you're very much entitled to your own opinion, but assuming the event's gonna be a letdown when over half of it hasn't been officially revealed, nor has it even started, is ludicrous, imo. 

But yeah, these videos are pretty damn bad. 

Back to speculation, anyone have any guesses on names for the originals? I'd say Alice in Wonderland 3D would be the easiest for that house, RUN: Jack's Carnival of Carnage or something like that, Psychoscarepy: Origins (can't think of any good ones for Blizzard), HHN: 25 Years of Horror or something along those lines. 

How about HHN: The Hallow'd Past Revisited and RUN For Your Life? Psychoscareapy: Origins is a pretty badass name. I really like that one. Hopefully they go with something similar.

Edited by YouDontKnowJack

Asylum in Wonderland 3D (Sticking to that theory)

RUN: Carnival of Carnage

PsychoScareapy vs Body Collectors

Horror Nights: 25 Years of Horror/Terror

• Like 1

As I mentioned before. There will be no more reveals, other then the full release. Mike stated it himself on twitter. 

1ip + 4 Originals.... Full Reveal before the end of the month. 

Asylum in Wonderland 3D (Sticking to that theory)

RUN: Carnival of Carnage

PsychoScareapy vs Body Collectors

Horror Nights: 25 Years of Horror/Terror

Agree with AiW, Run and 25 Years of Horror, but I'm really hoping they don't call Blizzard that, if not because it sounds lame, but because the entrance will literally be 30ft away from Freddy VS Jason. 

I was thinking about Asylum in Wonderland, but I feel like they'll just call it Alice so more will recognize it. RUN For Your Life's pretty cool, YDKJ. I feel like Carnival of Carnage helps setup the carnival theme, and is a callback to 07's event, which featured Jack, Freddy, Jason, and PS.

• Like 1