HHN 25 Discussion

So I imagine (as we should already be upon the full reveal) we should see the final IP revealed this week and then the full reveal next week.

Or do you think, being the final IP is AWIL, they'll just go with the full reveal and skip a single reveal of AWIL?

• Like 3

When Mike even references combining 2 originals, you got to wonder why he's still sticking to his guns at this point.

But anyways...

The Purge...???

Jesus... That's even worse than Scream. They should have waited until next year to have used Purge again since the 3rd one is being released in the summer. 

*shakes head* I don't know about this year's lineup. 

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

But anyways...

The Purge...???

Jesus... That's even worse than Scream. They should have waited until next year to used use Purge again since the 3rd one is being released in the summer.

Well, when you have thirty days and a house setting you have no time to change, that's the most obvious option. 

I for one am happy that Purge is replacing Scream.  I loved the scare zone and like variety in the scareactors of the houses.  While Halloween was awesome, it was still the same masked costume in every room.  I feel like Scream would have been similar.  Not bad per say, just repetitive...even moreso than everybody's favorite whipping boy TWD.  At least there's some variety in the zombies (that's half serious, half a joke).

I HOPE they didn't re-purpose the bread truck from last year yet!  I want a post house scare, where you come out from the house and off to the side is the bread truck and periodically the back door flies open and the Gatling gun is in there blasting away.

• Like 5

i guess we shall see when the reveal happens. my source told me they would never combine those two originals. as he said it wouldnt make sense. so we gotta wait n see :)

ok. Well the collectors are assumed to be from Terra Cruentas, a realm where they gather blood and bone for the queen and people of Terra Cruentas.

The collectors supposedly have the ability to come to earth to collect(blood and bone). They have been known to create scapegoats for the blood and bone they collect(Jack the ripper).

What would stop the collectors from going to an asylum (which has had known problems in the past) to collect during a natural disaster(blizzard)? They don't even have to create a scapegoat.

On Twitter Mike mentioned going through the training facilities and other locations that wouldn't be a part of a suburban home, so there's a chance they're doing a little more than repainting some walls for at least one or a few rooms.

Honestly excited to see it. The scarezone was awesome and highly rated, and if you were excited about Scream, you're getting basically the same house with different masks, so this has plenty of potential.

• Like 3

Thought this was interesting as we like to debate IPs vs. originals.  I'm in the original camp but most of the GP like IPs and I get that they're what bring in the crowds.  I just wish there was more of a balance.

image.jpg

the scream show isn't classified as horror, it's a "thriller, suspense, drama." As per my OD provider. You people expected the wrong things from it. I watch it sometimes for useless entertainment. In the most recent episode the end had an interesting kill, and they started adding in the game features. It's garbage useless TV, but it's still good for what it is. You shouldn't expect more while watching it then you would while watching Catfish or Teen Wolf and such..

Honestly excited to see it. The scarezone was awesome and highly rated, and if you were excited about Scream, you're getting basically the same house with different masks, so this has plenty of potential.

while I am excited, I am sure that many, like me, are fans of HHN recreating iconic scenes and settings. Lets just say that purge has little to none of this as it was a mediocre film to put it mildly. That being said, it could be a great house, just a pretty second rate IP. 

I was only referring to how someone stated they wouldn't drive x-distance for some original content.  I can understand that.  And a lot of people in that camp are first timers so they wouldn't know any better.  As far as the rest of that banter within the Tweet; useless drivel.

Or do you think, being the final IP is AWIL, they'll just go with the full reveal and skip a single reveal of AWIL?

I think they'll just go with a full reveal instead of having an individual one for AWIL and then a few days later having the rest revealed. I mean, the event is a month away and maybe this whole Scream/Purge last minute thing interfered with a possible single reveal for AWIL. I assume we are getting one last reveal and it's going to be the full reveal. 

• Like 2

Except that we pretty much know what's coming.  We just have to see if HHNMatt's source holds up against the majority.  I'll admit, I'm curious to see.  I'd actually prefer Psychoscarepy and Body Collectors in their own house.  But that's just because 2006 was the only Run house I've been in and I wasn't impressed.

What if you're RUNing from the Body Collectors or something crazy like that? I've never been through a Run house so I have no context.  But it would fit both the majority and HHN Matt in that it's a house with two previous houses combined.

Just spitballing and not trying to start a flame war.  

• Like 2

So aside from Saws N Steam, The Purge will become just the 2nd scare zone ever to become a house.  My friend was a scareactor in Purge last year.  He and most of his Purge cast have roles this year from the July auditions.  They're all livid that they announced the house as they wish they could now be in it.

What if you're RUNing from the Body Collectors or something crazy like that? I've never been through a Run house so I have no context.  But it would fit both the majority and HHN Matt in that it's a house with two previous houses combined.

Just spitballing and not trying to start a flame war.  

Except he's saying no Run house, period.  Splitting Psychoscarepy and Collectors to their own house would erase Run altogether.  But hey, how about Asylum in Wonderland and Collectors, hmm?  No one's thrown that out there, absurd though it may sound.  But Mike did say they were combing originals, so it's just a matter of which ones.

Random side note, I just saw the episode of Buffy that the Body Collectors are clearly heavily inspired from for first time. Great episode and the Gentlemen are really creepy. Scariest thing on Buffy so far. I started watching the show a couple weeks ago and just got to that episode. I love the show. Anyway so I finally saw the thing they're inspired from which relates to this year since they're supposed to be in a house 

Edited by ScottEdmondson41
  • Like 4

Random side note, I just saw the episode of Buffy that the Body Collectors are clearly heavily inspired from for first time. Great episode and the Gentlemen are really creepy. Scariest thing on Buffy so far. I started watching the show a couple weeks ago and just got to that episode. I love the show. Anyway so I finally saw the thing they're inspired from which relates to this year since they're supposed to be in a house 

I remember seeing the episode back in 2008 when they last had BC.   Didn't learn of it until HHN ended that season.  I was surprised they were Buffy inspired.  I guess they're technically an IP, per se.

Guest kiwisoup

I remember seeing the episode back in 2008 when they last had BC.   Didn't learn of it until HHN ended that season.  I was surprised they were Buffy inspired.  I guess they're technically an IP, per se.

technically? No. It's inspired. Same as The Forgotten was inspired by The Fog, statues in Winter's Night being inspired by Weeping Angels from Doctor Who, etc

Inspired is the polite way of saying completely ripped off. Except for the name the characters are identical. I mean I love the body collectors but let's call a spade a spade. All the above mentioned could be considered copyright infringements. I'm not complaining though. I thought they were all pretty cool. In the old days they would call a character "Shatner", "hockey mask guy" of even "claw hand" It's common in haunts.

• Like 2