HHN 25 Discussion

In an age of information, this is one of those times where, for me at least, it seems to be a negative. I have to take everyone's word for it that this HHN team will be able to step up and solve whatever problems they're facing. I've been nearly shaking with anticipation since we bought tickets to Universal and HHN, but I sincerely hope that what was once 9 houses doesn't end up being 8 houses and a makeshift, thrown-together, "this'll do" house. I also hope their is no trickle down effect for the other houses. 

Now to pass the time, maybe I can ask another another question of you veterans (please let me know if this isn't the space). 

1) To do Stay and Scream at Finnegan's -- Do I need reservations? 

2) Do they separate the people into groups to go into the mazes? (Many other houses I've been to herd a constant line through so a few people ahead of you get scared and it ruins it).

3) Can you walk slowly through the mazes to really soak in the art and design? Or is everyone rushing through?

Thanks in advance

1. You do not need reservations but the earlier you arrive the better. Spots at the bar and tables will fill up rather quickly. All you need for stay and scream is entrance to universal and a HHN ticket.

2. It is ppretty much a constant line. They may let in 20 people from the regular line for every 5-10 from the express line.

3. I always try and take my sweet time when walking through the mazes and usually do pretty well. There will be TMs trying to force you through but I always ignored them to an extent. I mean you are paying a pretty penny to see everything might as well get your money's worth.

1. You do not need reservations but the earlier you arrive the better. Spots at the bar and tables will fill up rather quickly. All you need for stay and scream is entrance to universal and a HHN ticket.

2. It is ppretty much a constant line. They may let in 20 people from the regular line for every 5-10 from the express line.

3. I always try and take my sweet time when walking through the mazes and usually do pretty well. There will be TMs trying to force you through but I always ignored them to an extent. I mean you are paying a pretty penny to see everything might as well get your money's worth.

Well thank you.

I have another question, this one may be difficult to answer. We are going October 29th, its a Thursday. All of the crowd calendars out there vary on whether this is a peak night or a slow night. Anyone have experience at HHN on a late Thursday night?

Last year October 30th was a Thursday - If you went, was it busy? 

Holy crap, I come back to the forums seeing more than 10 pages and I think the house is been announced when in actuality it was all this craziness about Scream! I feel bad for Aiello and company especially due to the fact that this had to happen on the 25th anniversary. However being a person who tends to look for silver linings I hope to spread my optimism to you guys with this.

With this Scream fiasco being a direct result of IP dependencies maybe Universal will learn from this and become more weary with certain IP as well as become more lenient towards original content next year, hopefully. You can always gain experience/learn from failure, so next year might have more binding IP contracts and more original content freedom. Who knows, maybe the leash on A&D might be loosened just a bit.

• Like 1

This is the reason why I hated working Ops last year is because you all tend to ignore what the TMs say. Don't you realize that by going slow, you hold up not just the line of people behind you in the house, but the majority of the queue line outside? Because people tend to scare back or trudge along slowly, waits are guaranteed to skyrocket. That is why TMs are encouraged to ask guests nicely but firmly to keep up with the group in front. 

However, seeing as how I am now going to experience the event from a guest perspective this year, maybe I should take this tip and go along with it. ;)

• Like 3

Holy crap, I come back to the forums seeing more than 10 pages and I think the house is been announced when in actuality it was all this craziness about Scream! I feel bad for Aiello and company especially due to the fact that this had to happen on the 25th anniversary. However being a person who tends to look for silver linings I hope to spread my optimism to you guys with this.

With this Scream fiasco being a direct result of IP dependencies maybe Universal will learn from this and become more weary with certain IP as well as become more lenient towards original content next year, hopefully. You can always gain experience/learn from failure, so next year might have more binding IP contracts and more original content freedom. Who knows, maybe the leash on A&D might be loosened just a bit.

I doubt they're going to use many IPs next year, especially if The Purge replaces Scream. The Walking Dead and The Conjuring are the only current IPs I could actually see them using (and Purge if it's not used this year), a classic IP or two, and that's it.

I doubt they're going to use many IPs next year, especially if The Purge replaces Scream. The Walking Dead and The Conjuring are the only current IPs I could actually see them using (and Purge if it's not used this year), a classic IP or two, and that's it.

Friday the 13th also has the reboot coming out, not that I'd think they'd do that. That TCM prequel is coming out. Also, that shitty Ouija movie is getting a sequel that time next year, and since that made a lot of money, that could be a promotional thing they do, since Universal is distributing. I think TWD, Conjuring, and a new Purge zone are basically locks for next year. 

They will continue to use IP because IP bring in the general public. I doubt marketing will learn anything from this year's drama other than they will never try and use the scream franchise agian. Whichthey should have realized from the Hollywood maze.

You can count on The Walking Dead for a 5th straight year, if Crimson Peak is a hit in Hollywood that could come to Orlando.  This year, it's not like Freddy, Jason, Scream (yes, I know, I've read the last 5 pages), or AWIL had a new movie so anything is possible.  Sinister, Insidious, and Paranormal Activitiy will all have their yearly sequels.  Saw is supposed to be rebooted as is Nightmare on Elmstreet.  The Halloween series is supposed to get a Michael Myers sequel.  Horror movies by their very nature are cheap to produce and open to big numbers, there's no shortage of IPs to come in the next decade.

With the passing of Roddy Piper there's renewed hope of a They Live house, in loving tribute to him, that I know a bunch of people other than myself have been hoping for.

As usual, everything I say has 0% insider information behind it...just speculating.

• Like 1

You can count on The Walking Dead for a 5th straight year, if Crimson Peak is a hit in Hollywood that could come to Orlando.  This year, it's not like Freddy, Jason, Scream (yes, I know, I've read the last 5 pages), or AWIL had a new movie so anything is possible.  Sinister, Insidious, and Paranormal Activitiy will all have their yearly sequels.  Saw is supposed to be rebooted as is Nightmare on Elmstreet.  The Halloween series is supposed to get a Michael Myers sequel.  Horror movies by their very nature are cheap to produce and open to big numbers, there's no shortage of IPs to come in the next decade.

With the passing of Roddy Piper there's renewed hope of a They Live house, in loving tribute to him, that I know a bunch of people other than myself have been hoping for.

As usual, everything I say has 0% insider information behind it...just speculating.

Sadly we will keep seeing TWD or Fear the walking dead until the popularity wears off or it doesn't bring in the crowds.

Edited by darkdelusions

Really? I would've thought we'd be more likely to see Ash vs. The Evil Dead

Except A&D has tried to get Army of Darkness before. They've succeeded in making a connection with Evil Dead, and AvED is bringing the original trilogy back to relevancy. A&D will WANT Army though.

• Like 1

I think AMC wanted FTWD this yr but UO turned it down

I honestly would've preferred FTWD more, because at least it's a change in setting, since it's in a city and not the woods again... And from the trailer, it looks more like a horror compared to TWD which has basically become a drama.

So, do we think we will get any announcements this week? It has been confirmed on Twitter that we will have all the event details before the month is over. That gives them basically 2 weeks to announce 6 houses, 5 scarezones and 2 shows. We can assume that the new house is well underway, but its not clear if they have changed their announcement plans or not. Could they announce the "new" house next since Scream was rumored to be the next announcement or are they going to skip past it and announce everything else and save the "new" house for last? 

If they follow the normal way they announce houses, I could see the last two IP's (assuming the new house is Purge) this week and early next week they announce the last 4 original houses, 5 scarezones and 2 shows all at once. Going to be an exciting few weeks. Scarezone stuff should start showing up out in the streets soon I would assume. Employee previews will be here before we know it!

I think AMC wanted FTWD this yr but UO turned it down

I'm glad too because the show doesn't start until October so the entire house would literally be one big spoiler and not allow people to connect with the environments from the show. 

I'm glad too because the show doesn't start until October so the entire house would literally be one big spoiler and not allow people to connect with the environments from the show. 

no... Fear The Walking Dead starts next week on August 23rd and season 1 will only be 6 episodes meaning it'll be over September 27th. 4/6 episodes will have aired by opening night. The new season The Walking Dead isn't until October. 

Same thing could be expected with bringing in the Hammer Dracula films as a tribute to Christopher Lee.

• Like 2

So, do we think we will get any announcements this week? It has been confirmed on Twitter that we will have all the event details before the month is over. That gives them basically 2 weeks to announce 6 houses, 5 scarezones and 2 shows. We can assume that the new house is well underway, but its not clear if they have changed their announcement plans or not. Could they announce the "new" house next since Scream was rumored to be the next announcement or are they going to skip past it and announce everything else and save the "new" house for last? 

If they follow the normal way they announce houses, I could see the last two IP's (assuming the new house is Purge) this week and early next week they announce the last 4 original houses, 5 scarezones and 2 shows all at once. Going to be an exciting few weeks. Scarezone stuff should start showing up out in the streets soon I would assume. Employee previews will be here before we know it!

no way to know, but I'm thinking either what you said in the last paragraph of your post or we'll  get it all at once sometime in next two weeks. 

Sadly we will keep seeing TWD or Fear the walking dead until the popularity wears off or it doesn't bring in the crowds.

I've been wondering what Universal will do when they're no longer able to use TWD. They'll be hard pressed to find another IP to measure up to the property. (What other show in any genre let alone Horror can beat Sunday Night Football head to head in the ratings?)