HHN 25 Discussion

Definitely not a troll. Been goinh to the event for 18 years. And well my source is the one who get the permits done. Sorry if my post got double posted. But I asked my source about the movie or show again today and unfortunately it is the TV show version. No houses are getting replaced. I just wish they wouldn't tone down the jack show. And it won't be in Beetlejuice since RHPS is going there. 

Nice try, time to create a new account in a week.

• Like 2

Guest kiwisoup

Definitely not a troll. Been goinh to the event for 18 years. And well my source is the one who get the permits done. Sorry if my post got double posted. But I asked my source about the movie or show again today and unfortunately it is the TV show version. No houses are getting replaced. I just wish they wouldn't tone down the jack show. And it won't be in Beetlejuice since RHPS is going there. 

If you really had an inside source, you wouldn't be so specific about what they do to protect their job. Total BS.

If you don't want to believe me that's fine but I know what's what. Im not a fan of RHPS. But again I can confirm from my sources that it is being brought back. 

there isn't rhps there no way they getting rid of bill and tedd show in favor rhps and the only show they are going to replace is jack show which  not going to happen

The word "historic" has been dropped a lot, and questions about this sort of thing have been asked. As I am the resident historian, I guess (because I'm old enough to be your Dad) I will attempt to go over such incidents.

I have no info on anything like this for the first 9 years of HHN, I went to all of those events, but it was back before Internet leaks and such things. It is probable that changes to plans were made a bit in those years.

2000 - The Lord of Darkness was meant to be in the house Dark Torment. The horns of the costume were too big for him to fit in, so the throne in the last scene in Hell was empty.

2001 - Due to 9/11 the planned Icon of the Event, Eddie was dropped and replaced by Jack. The character was dropped from the house that would have featured him, Run. A house had a name change - Terrorland became Scary Tales. The Bloodbath rave inside Kongfrontation under the tram was renamed Ooze Zone and lighting changed from red to green.

2002 - The original Icon, Sindy (how they spelled it then) was dropped and a new Icon, The Caretaker created. Sidney's house became Scary Tales II. A house called House of 1000 Maniacs was reworked into Caretaker's house, The Screamhouse.

2003 - This is the closest to what happened this year. Severe Fear, an extreme house was planned for the Event and scrapped at the very last minute. The local TV news coverage on the Event actually reported on the house just days before the opening date. Somehow they got the house description off the guide maps - but the highlighted Carnage Warehouse was still visible there.

2005 - A complete scenario for the Event was approved with a theme and Icon called Darkness (not the one from Legend) and they had started in on houses when the approval was pulled in April. In two quick weeks another whole concept was developed, Terra Cruentas and the new Icon, the Terra Queen. marketing forced another Icon over her however, The Storyteller who was rushed into a house, Where Evil Hides that originally had nothing to do with her. Also one entire house with a Voodoo theme was scrapped completely and the location of Blood Ruins was moved from the Dueling dragons queue area to a sound stage.

2007 - At the very last minute the house Silent Night, Psychotic Night was renamed Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays. This was too late to change the name of the house on the T Shirts! Also a Freddy and Jason scare zone featuring both characters together was scrapped due to New Line not wanting the characters to appear together.

2008 - Originally the Evil Queen was the Icon. They switched her over to Bloody Mary. This was the first year they tried to do American Werewolf in London, but the plans fell through. This happened very early, at least before May, so it was easy to redesign the house into Creatures! The Creature costumes also had size issues and many of them were not fully seen in the scenes they were planned.

2009 - They were unable to get the full rights to Army of Darkness, so a planned scare zone was scrapped in favor of War of the Dead. The AoD scenes in Silver Screams were kept anyway, they just called the film by a made up name in the movie poster seen in the house! And even though this sort of thing had happened before, once again a costume element, this time Dracula's wings were too big to get into the scene that was planned for them.

2010 - Cindy was meant to be the Icon of the Event. Once again she got bumped and they came up with FEAR instead. This made it a bit of a rush job. Also some really amazing special effects got dropped in both Hades: Gates of Ruin and Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate. They just couldn't get Cerberus and the Banshee to work correctly.

2012 - Some of the most notorious last minute changes that year, first American Werewolf in London was scrapped and Silent Hill put in its place. A planned Chupacabra house was being built when the orders came down to demolish the building it was in! Universal's House of Horrors was designed and built in the Parade building at the very last minute - they had not completely finished when the Event began!

2013 - Apparently there was supposed to be a theme for the Event that year that matched the whole Evil Has Taken Root thing. Some sort of haunted forest to top the previous year's cemetery. But all was scrapped for The Walking Dead Streets. Also American Horror Story was dropped and Evil Dead took its place. 

2014 - An original house with a sort of "demon under the bed" concept was dropped in favor of From Dusk Till Dawn. A scare zone believed to feature some sort of "ninja geishas" in Sting Alley was also dropped. They had also tried again for AHS but it was still impossible with Fox's demands.

And I am sure I've left a bunch of things out. 

So things change ALL THE TIME in the planning for HHN. Which is why they just don't go and reveal everything right away, And also another good reason why I have dropped my whole "cryptic clue" bit. If the current rumors are accurate, and they seem to be, this would be a more extreme case this year as it is very late in the game. But we have seen Creative and A&D display grace under pressure before... so let's all hope for the best!

• Like 19

Holy cow! I go away for half a day and the forum explodes.

That's exactly how I feel, haha. 

I've finally caught up on all of the hubub and I (like others) feel pretty torn. Not necessarily on the prospect of SCREAM being replaced/scrapped but because I can't image the headache that some people at Uni/A&D are experiencing right now. In entertainment last minute changes happen all the time, but it doesn't make it suck any less. And this is a major change. While, if the change does happen, I'll be super excited to see what they pull off and I do admit... all of this news has me excited and anxious (at the expense of poor A&D.) If it doesn't happen though I'll be happy as well, I'm sure.

Guest kiwisoup

All signs are pointing to The Purge. Fits in the environment and it's a Universal property.

If it was The Purge it'd have to be based mostly on the first one as the sequel was mostly outside. I'm not really excited for it if that's what the replacement is, but I'll deal...

Please oh sweet lord no. This would break my heart. Do they not also have Cabin in the Woods, Halloween, Evil Dead etc. 

At least it would be a different form of the Purge. Cabin and ED don't really fit the settings, and Halloween would be the same thing mostly (Cabin and ED would as well, and we already have one full repeat this year). I'm all up for a Purge house.

Please oh sweet lord no. This would break my heart. Do they not also have Cabin in the Woods, Halloween, Evil Dead etc. 

Cabin and Evil Dead are not owned by Universal, meaning they would have to set up another contract to use them again this year, plus they would both require major reworking of the house that's already been built. Assuming Scream is mostly scenes from the home in the original film, scenes from the first Purge would fit perfectly with some different wallpaper/masks, and any other scenes can be reworked to fit the Purge easily. If anything, they can call it an original take on a Purge concept, and just make it that you're going through different environments during the annual Purge and you have to Survive the Night. They own the IP, they have more than enough masks to suffice, would be easy to change over to the Purge, and it's relevant enough to draw people in. It's a very simple (and good) choice. Keep in mind this isn't confirmed, even though it's likely. 

Also, this will most likely be almost literally the exact same house they built for Scream. If you were excited for that house, you're still getting it with different masks jumping out at you, with minor differences.

• Like 1

Man people, you are all crazy (but I guess so am I.)

i go away for a day and 6 pages + of replies.

Quite an interesting mix of stories everyone has. 

What I can say, is I'm entertained and that's all I care about. Scream or not, or if this is all just for fun.