HHN 25 Discussion

Not going and I love the chaos... makes marketing look bad. :)

Just to chime in Legacy is right. There are things that pretty much confirm a shift. But people's job are at stake. Hence the ambiguity. I try and pose it logically and point at evidence you can clearly see without inside info. I also drew the conclusion before the other info hit just on delays and twitter posts. But it all boils down to what you want to believe... until it happens.

May I also say this is the direct result of too much Ip dependencies. HHN 15 didn't have these problems... IT had completely different marketing related problems.

Anyway, in response to your question... the lines are 80% of why I am not going. Last year I made it to all houses 1 night. But I was beat up and pissed off. I had a miserable time. I refuse to pay more. But express will ease you troubles... if you want to feed the greed machine.

Edited by JDW
  • Like 4

I'm gonna slide my question in now since everyone is on and talking about Scream. Also can everyone quit throwing shade about this years HHN house sanafoo? It's one house and they will replace it if shit goes down. It's not going to effect your experience. You are still going to go. You are going to flipping love HHN regardless. /end rant

The last 2 years my wife and I have gone to HHN has been pretty busy. Last year we went on a Friday in early October. Lines got to the 2 hour mark about halfway through the night. Year before (23) we went on a Saturday near Halloween and of course the lines were pretty long. Main point being is that we've gotten all the houses done and B&T without Express the last couple years. My wife expressed (haha get it?) interest in possibly getting EP's this year. Well I just booked the vacay and luckily enough we plan to do HHN on Wednesday Oct 7th.

What are your guys thoughts? Should we skip on the EP since it's a Wednesday and should have lighter crowds?

I also just want to express (There it is again) my gratitude to all of you. You guys (Mostly Legacy) are the bomb and I really enjoy chatting every day with you. Here's to a great season, regardless of whatever happens.

It might be best to wait and see on Express that night, I doubt it'll sell out the night you go.

• Like 1

Excellent information! I have not read that express passes help with shows. That's comforting. Now if only there was something new to look at on the HHN webpage.

if you need your thirst for HHN quenched I suggest you check out The art of scare(assuming you haven't done so already) it was a documentary that the travel channel did back in 2002 ddocumenting HHN 12, while the event has changed drastically since then it is still awesome.

http://youtu.be/T2381qPZQBQ?list=PLlAOIgeV7hiF8JEajb7JvbzgP_hkh0551

If you have already seen the art of scare check out Horror Comes Home. This was done by student/director SpendusWorks. He did a fantastic job of covering the 2006 event.

Edited by marmoset
Added links
  • Like 3

I have it all figured out for a possible replacement house...Fear The Walking Dead.  That's right, two TWD houses!  And maybe make the roaming hordes zombie hordes.  The new Uni creed: when in doubt, TWD.  I'm sure there's a warehouse full of TWD marketing material and merch.  Easy to get scare actors.

Seriously though, I'm joking.  This would be my nightmare come true.

What are your guys thoughts? Should we skip on the EP since it's a Wednesday and should have lighter crowds?

Wednesdays are always the least crowded.  It's definitely possible to do everything.  That also appears to be the first Wednesday night of the season on 10/7.  That being said, you can still expect some long lines as the evening goes on.

The employee preview is a difficult night to navigate. Last year I went and only managed to hit 2 houses, also I think the EP is only open until 11pm so you lose out on some hours. However the benefit of the EP is it will probably be free or very cheap.

Has anybody got any sort of idea what the replacement could be from hints?

Also just out of curiosity, when did this trouble with Scream start happening? This week? If anybody knows of course. 

I'm not one of the usual suspects, but I've left a hint in two posts. 

I suspected something was askew when the contractual issues occurred with the London event. The more time that passed without announcements, the more I was certain something was wrong. 

I cannot give an exact time when I knew, but it was very early this week. 

• Like 1

The employee preview is a difficult night to navigate. Last year I went and only managed to hit 2 houses, also I think the EP is only open until 11pm so you lose out on some hours. However the benefit of the EP is it will probably be free or very cheap.

I think they were talking about Express Passes, and I believe Employee Preview was until 12 last year.

All we can really do is wait, because we won't know what went down until the announcement comes. It's a shame something like this had to happen a month before the event starts... It's all really confusing but I trust Mike and I think this will all be resolved well, whether Scream was dropped or not.

I suspected something was askew when the contractual issues occurred with the London event. The more time that passed without announcements, the more I was certain something was wrong. 

I don't get any inside info anymore.

That being said it was Wednesday at about 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

• Like 4

"Cleanse" and "Cleansed". Sounds like The Purge may be our replacement property.

• Like 1

I'm glad it's not Scream. Scream wasn't that memorable outside of the opening scene. It wasn't a "serious" slasher like Halloween with a cool vibe. The costume isn't scary. It would be too similar to last year's Halloween house.

Now, it'll force them to be Creative and really prove to Corporate what's up.

Not the right forum to talk slashers, but I just gotta say I disagree. Sure Scream isn't that serious, but that's the point. Its a self-sustaining slasher built around the deconstruction of the slasher genre (a formula that some of the best modern horror films have adopted). I would be hard-pressed to find a better slasher film made in the last 20 years... heck even 25-30 years. But I also think the sets are fully memorable. 

I know that's neither here nor there and just my opinion. I'm just bored and was checking the forum to pass the time. I too am just super excited to hear the next announcement, scream or otherwise.

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

I'm confused on the relevance of the Mike's trip to London and its importance. Why was he there and why did he have to be in London to announce anything and how could something that happened there influence the event...what's in London?

if you need your thirst for HHN quenched I suggest you check out The art of scare(assuming you haven't done so already) it was a documentary that the travel channel did back in 2002 ddocumenting HHN 12, while the event has changed drastically since then it is still awesome.

http://youtu.be/T2381qPZQBQ?list=PLlAOIgeV7hiF8JEajb7JvbzgP_hkh0551

If you have already seen the art of scare check out Horror Comes Home. This was done by student/director SpendusWorks. He did a fantastic job of covering the 2006 event.

So Cool. I have not seen these but will be watching them tonight when the wife gets home. Thank you!

Hey everyone! First time poster long time reader. I have a really close source who works in the park. Here's what I can CONFIRM. Scream isn't getting replaced. The replacement that's being thrown around is actually the location of the house. Not a replacement house. It will be the TV show version unfortunately. In RUN it will be in the style of the original. There's going to be movable walls that will make you choose a new route. Today there was a meeting about Jacks show and unfortunately it's getting toned down since the show planned was going to be more gorey like last years show. 

Edited by Mr.Nice Guy

Hey everyone! First time poster long time reader. I have a really close source who works in the park. Here's what I can CONFIRM. Scream isn't getting replaced. The replacement that's being thrown around is actually the location of the house. Not a replacement house. It will be the TV show version unfortunately. In RUN it will be in the style of the original. There's going to be movable walls that will make you choose a new route. Today there was a meeting about Jacks show and unfortunately it's getting toned down since the show planned was going to be more gorey like last years show. 

you better be a troll.

• Like 2

I'm glad it's not Scream. Scream wasn't that memorable outside of the opening scene. It wasn't a "serious" slasher like Halloween with a cool vibe. The costume isn't scary. It would be too similar to last year's Halloween house.

Now, it'll force them to be Creative and really prove to Corporate what's up.

Or they pick the easiest, most cost effective IP they already own. 

(Which isn't a bad thing, imo. It would make the most sense.)

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 1

you got to be joking screams fas are going to pisssed if this true

Refuse to believe this. If it's the movie version it will still promote and create excitement for the show. 

Definitely not a troll. Been goinh to the event for 18 years. Sorry if my post got double posted. But I asked my source about the movie or show again today and unfortunately it is the TV show version. No houses are getting replaced. I just wish they wouldn't tone down the jack show. And it won't be in Beetlejuice since RHPS is going there. 

Edited by Mr.Nice Guy
Na

Definitely not a troll. Been goinh to the event for 18 years. And well my source is the one who get the permits done. Sorry if my post got double posted. But I asked my source about the movie or show again today and unfortunately it is the TV show version. No houses are getting replaced. I just wish they wouldn't tone down the jack show. And it won't be in Beetlejuice since RHPS is going there. 

RHPS isn't coming back this year.

Edited by AdmiralTyler
  • Like 1