HHN 25 Discussion

Yes but the rights would have been worked out ages ago. I have a really hard time believing they just realized that the Scream people wanted it to be the show and not the movie. This would be a colossal breakdown in communication/failure to communicate if that's the case. I really hope its not anything to do with this or there is some next level incompetence over there. 

you know that proablly mtv contact the scream ip holders and said hey what are you doing don't use the scream ip movies at hhn istead market our tv show

Edited by timbo8

Yes but the rights would have been worked out ages ago. I have a really hard time believing they just realized that the Scream people wanted it to be the show and not the movie. This would be a colossal breakdown in communication/failure to communicate if that's the case. I really hope its not anything to do with this or there is some next level incompetence over there. 

It wouldn't be there. There's a lot of reviewing of the property and ongoing communication. It's something else, not sure what.

• Like 1

Unless the initial agreement allowed the movie to be used, but once the TV show was renewed (announced publicly two days ago) the IP holders tried to force the TV show at the last minute

again that tv show should never been made in the first place and  scream would been annouced by now

• Like 1

I don't know, original contract should have been clear if movie. TV show, or some combination of both.   New Line (?) could try to muscle in some more TV material but ultimately a contract is a contract.

Even if they did--sucking it up and using the new mask rather than the old (the only possible creative sticking point I can imagine) has got to be cheaper than re-doing a house and your entire marketing campaign.

Not looking to jeopardize anyone's job here, but do look forward to hearing the full story eventually.

Guest kiwisoup

Does anybody have any knowledge of a house in the past that's had a complete 're-theme after construction?

The closest I can think of is House of Horrors but that was built last minute after demo of houses in other areas, from what I recall. It was an effective maze but was almost exclusively recycled rooms and materials. The effect worked to mask the quick and dirty construction.

The budget I gather doesn't allow for anything more than minimal changes and will probably be something we've seen in the past to cut costs...Halloween or The Purge does fit the bill here.

I was actually excited for Scream (being based on the movies) and if it really was because of the TV show that's stupid...they could have easily had a movie based maze and just projected promos for the TV show in line. I'm happy for it to be scrapped rather than get the TV show house...especially if it's an upgrade as is being hinted.

Edited by kiwisoup

Thank you, one more question:

Is it difficult to see all houses, scare zones, and both shows in one night? I am going Thursday Oct 29th. With express passes.

you should be fine with express. Also if you can do stay and scream. You'll have 2 or 3 houses done before the general public is even in the park.

Like Legacy said don't let what could've been alter your perspective on the event. It's the best Halloween event in the world. You'll probably end up enjoying the original mazes more than the ip's anyway. 

• Like 2

I for one am almost disappointed, this time last year I was talking with friends and looking at billlboards deciding which houses to hit and such. I feel like it just isn't feeling like HHN is coming up, I know this drama is seriously hurting HHN. But I am not opposed at all to the thought of Purge coming back, it's personally in my top ten favorite movies.

you should be fine with express. Also if you can do stay and scream. You'll have 2 or 3 houses done before the general public is even in the park.

Like Legacy said don't let what could've been alter your perspective on the event. It's the best Halloween event in the world. You'll probably end up enjoying the original mazes more than the ip's anyway. 

Thank you. Yeah we have day passes, so we will definitely be in the park early and getting as much done as possible without using express. Do you have to line up for show seating? Or show up at showtime and enjoy?

• Like 1

Thank you. Yeah we have day passes, so we will definitely be in the park early and getting as much done as possible without using express. Do you have to line up for show seating? Or show up at showtime and enjoy?

Last year was line up for Bill and Ted, for me. RHPS wasn't bad. But I have a feeling the Jack show will be line up as well.

I've never had a problem getting into a Bill and Ted show. If you show up 15 minutes before the show you should be good. Express also entitles you to seating at B&T.

• Like 1

I've never had a problem getting into a Bill and Ted show. If you show up 15 minutes before the show you should be good. Express also entitles you to seating at B&T.

Excellent information! I have not read that express passes help with shows. That's comforting. Now if only there was something new to look at on the HHN webpage.

I can see it now.... the official HHN House shirt with a big black marker X over Scream.... LOL

could you imagine? Call it "Horror Night Nightmares presents: Shriek" or something, and have it be a big middle finger to Scream. Have that garage scene, make it over the top. Finale room is a bunch of blow up dolls with the new mask, throw in some actors with the mask, and viola, there's a scene from last year's halloween house

• Like 3

Guest kiwisoup

Excellent information! I have not read that express passes help with shows. That's comforting. Now if only there was something new to look at on the HHN webpage.

Well they are only good for the first show of the night which is the least busy anyways...

I'm gonna slide my question in now since everyone is on and talking about Scream. Also can everyone quit throwing shade about this years HHN house sanafoo? It's one house and they will replace it if shit goes down. It's not going to effect your experience. You are still going to go. You are going to flipping love HHN regardless. /end rant

The last 2 years my wife and I have gone to HHN has been pretty busy. Last year we went on a Friday in early October. Lines got to the 2 hour mark about halfway through the night. Year before (23) we went on a Saturday near Halloween and of course the lines were pretty long. Main point being is that we've gotten all the houses done and B&T without Express the last couple years. My wife expressed (haha get it?) interest in possibly getting EP's this year. Well I just booked the vacay and luckily enough we plan to do HHN on Wednesday Oct 7th.

What are your guys thoughts? Should we skip on the EP since it's a Wednesday and should have lighter crowds?

I also just want to express (There it is again) my gratitude to all of you. You guys (Mostly Legacy) are the bomb and I really enjoy chatting every day with you. Here's to a great season, regardless of whatever happens.

• Like 2

Guest kiwisoup

I'm gonna slide my question in now since everyone is on and talking about Scream. Also can everyone quit throwing shade about this years HHN house sanafoo? It's one house and they will replace it if shit goes down. It's not going to effect your experience. You are still going to go. You are going to flipping love HHN regardless. /end rant

Exactly. If it weren't for leaks (there actually was a point when there weren't!) people would have no idea that the final lineup wasn't the plan all along. There are probably countless examples of plans falling through that people would have been upset about had they known. We are still getting 9 houses (the most we've ever had), it's an anniversary year, we have an icon, scarezones, a new show....there's plenty to look forward to. Everybody was saying they didn't want scream and now people are acting like it's greatly impacting their impression of the event. From the hints being thrown around, the replacement might make you even happier.