HHN 25 Discussion

Remember this was fusked out of the site... this is not official. Things can change. Notice that huge delay in releases. I would probably think strange things are afoot SOMEWHERE at the Circle K. Never believe it 100% till it happens. :)

Scream replaced with This Is The End, obviously.

well, if Universal won't announce anything, we can force them to. With these images found inside the website source, send the proof to media outlets like news stations, who would report them, and it'd already be out in the open before anyone in Uni could do anything about it.

Or, for anyone with decision-making powers working at Uni, skimming these forums, can be proactive and advise for something to be announced before someone else announces it first.

Edited by Mrevio
  • Like 1

Does the "when" of an announcement really affect the decision to attend for some people? Whether the info is released to the public early on, or a month before opening night, does that really make lines longer? Announcements aren't really for the General public, right? GP would really want to go after seeing the commercial because they're not really seeking out the information?

well, if Universal won't announce anything, we can force them to. With these images found inside the website source, send the proof to media outlets like news stations, who would report them, and it'd already be out in the open before anyone in Uni could do anything about it.

Or, for anyone with decision-making powers working at Uni, skimming these forums, can be proactive and advise for something to be announced before someone else announces it first.

Unless something has changed. I would not want to force Universal's hand when we have no definitive information that Scream is happening. 

The source code for the sweepstake's page also contained a video for the Purge, originally. Since the videos we are receiving haven't been Purge related so far, I don't find the source code to be reliable. 

• Like 1

Does the "when" of an announcement really affect the decision to attend for some people? Whether the info is released to the public early on, or a month before opening night, does that really make lines longer? Announcements aren't really for the General public, right? GP would really want to go after seeing the commercial because they're not really seeking out the information?

They like to get all the IP out of the way to attract the GP. Hence why I say we have a problem. A delay in releasing IPs usually means something has gone wrong with them. What? Which one? Who knows? We still had AWIL and Scream. What's weird is if it was Scream or AWIL, then why wouldn't they have just released the next in line and come back to the problem? Clearly, based on the fusked image, Scream was next. That seems to imply Scream is the holdup. So why not release AWIL?

Edited by JDW
  • Like 4

Really?  Sorry, but I work in MARCOM so I laugh at these comments.  Again, from a businesss sense in capitalistic America, do you think that giving you information you already know as fact somehow comes onto their radar?  Full honestly, I've had runins with Legacy in the past but he's always been 99.5% correct.  But C'mon.  Don't toot your horn too much.  They love us as we're money in the bank.  They throw us bones.  But we have no influence on a multiBILLION dollar company like Comcast.

I realize that twitter makes everybody think they influence corporate decisions...but it's ONLY if it's cost effective and the hassle is worth the positive publicity.

Really, we need to get a more accurate understanding of where we fit into the corporate sturcture or else it's just going to be non-stop bitching for 7 months out of the year.  It's supply and demand.  We supply 3?  5?  10% of the income and that's not a prioroty.  Sorry, you might feel like you are OWED something from the event, but let me know the last time your power/gas/cellphone/anything else company threw you a bone for loyalty.

Sorry...in a bitchy mood tonight :)

EDIT:  In my defense, I come here for news...and the ratio between news/speculation and bitching is 10% / 90%

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 6

I'm thinking we're going to get AWIL and all the originals soon at once and Scream will be announced a little bit later kind of like how last year Halloween was officially announced a little bit after the originals were announced and just like Scream, Halloween was leaked early. Scream via the website code, Halloween via Publix but still. 

Mystique complemented me? :D

Any media that matters will ignore the ramblings of online speculation and unofficial leaks. If you look at "official" news sites that discuss HHN, they essentially publish a press release provided by Universal and that's it. That's all they have to do. 

Unofficial sites release information with the caveat that it may not be accurate. Even if every unofficial theme park news site published the information, all Universal has to say is, "We do not comment on rumors and speculation. HHN is a fantastic creative endeavor that is constantly evolving and improving until opening night. We will announce our next terrifying experience when it's 100% ready." 

EDIT - Dear Universal, if you're looking for a PR guy...

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 9

That's Scary Movie. Scream isn't that much of a joke. The wuzzuup has nothing to do with the actual Scream movies. And no, you can't be the only one, though it shouldn't be for that reason. I don't think it's gonna feel like a joke house. I am very pumped for it

Edited by ScottEdmondson41
  • Like 1

That's Scary Movie. Scream isn't that much of a joke. The wuzzuup has nothing to do with the actual Scream movies. And no, you can't be the only one, though it shouldn't be for that reason. I don't think it's gonna feel like a joke house. I am very pumped for it

You're right, the general drunk public isn't going to be shouting 'wuzzuup' all through the house. They clearly care about the distinction between Scary Movie and the Scream series.

• Like 1

Well as I have already said, I am really excited for this house, I think it has loads of memorable scenes and just because we might not be able to think of them now, I am sure as soon as we are in the house (if it 100% happens of course) they will come flooding back. As long as it is not that stupid MTV mask, then I would agree with everyone. But i'm holding out hope for this one, doesn't have to be the best film to make it a good house. 

Edited by mmc
  • Like 1

Yeah I really don't know what I was thinking when I posted that. I'm pretty sure that if news wanted to know about it, they'd find it just as easily as we did this year.

But for Scream? I wouldn't call it a classic in the same sense as Halloween. I know I've definitely seen the movie at least twice. I cannot name any of the characters. I don't remember how anyone dies. For me, the movie isn't memorable. All I'm expecting to see is some cloaked figure running through a door, posing with a knife, then sheepishly turning back around.

Well as I have already said, I am really excited for this house, I think it has loads of memorable scenes and just because we might not be able to think of them now, I am sure as soon as we are in the house (if it 100% happens of course) they will come flooding back. As long as it is not that stupid MTV mask, then I agree with everyone. But i'm holding out hope for this one, doesn't have to be the best film to make it a good house. 

intro drew Barrymore scene, Ghostface chasing Sidney in her house, Tatum garage death, school w/ principals death, whole finale part at Stu's house, cameraman death in news van. Those are all memorable and doable and just from the first movie. There's a few more if they use the next two movies

eh, well I think the first is really memorable at least. And it is really popular. Not as much of a classic as Halloween, no. Like a lower-level classic. Not as much of a classic, but still a classic iconic movie. Very popular, and influential. I think most people that have seen it remember most of the parts I listed and remember Sidney, Dewey, Gale, Stu, Billy, and Randy. 

Edited by ScottEdmondson41
  • Like 1

intro drew Barrymore scene, Ghostface chasing Sidney in her house, Tatum garage death, school w/ principals death, whole finale part at Stu's house, cameraman death in news van. Those are all memorable and doable and just from the first movie. There's a few more if they use the next two movies

I think it would be pretty sweet if there was a Stab-a-thon scene like the one in Scream 4.

Rumors are indicating it's the original movie, if I'm correct. 

I really hope we get a Scream house this year....and if we do I hope it's based on the movie franchise. To be honest, out of the FOUR movies, my favorites are Scream and Scre4m (in that order) so if they don't just use scenes from the first film I hope we also see seems from the other three films (but especially the 4th) .

Also, I don't know how legit this could be (forgive me if what I'm repeating is nonsense), but if it is true we are getting a Scream house it's supposedly rumored that it will be located in the Shrek building.....? Can anyone shed some light on this? Are we even getting a house in that building at all? 

I really hope we get a Scream house this year....and if we do I hope it's based on the movie franchise. To be honest, out of the FOUR movies, my favorites are Scream and Scre4m (in that order) so if they don't just use scenes from the first film I hope we also see seems from the other three films (but especially the 4th) .

Also, I don't know how legit this could be (forgive me if what I'm repeating is nonsense), but if it is true we are getting a Scream house it's supposedly rumored that it will be located in the Shrek building.....? Can anyone shed some light on this? Are we even getting a house in that building at all? 

Alice in Wonderland 3D (not what it's called as far as we know, but that's what it is essentially) will be in the Shrek Building.

• Like 1

Are you implying that it has been scrapped? What could they possibly replace it with this late in the game?

That would be historic. An IP set up to be part of the marketing campaign getting scrapped in August? Absolutely insane.

• Like 5