HHN 25 Discussion

Well... I'm not sure if "shellshocked" is an appropriate response to not getting what was never promised. Disappointed, maybe. Annoyed, sure.

It was 14 days between Insidious and TWD. If they were going to be working on a weekly release schedule, then the two second biggest IPs would have been released a week apart. Not two weeks. The release are going bi-weekly. That means:

16 July - Insidious

30 July - TWD

12-14 August - ??? (Likely Scream, and likely the 13th since the previous two reveals were on Thursday)

25-29 August - Full Reveal (Originals and remaining IP, and likely the 27th because Thursday). This would be the same week the full reveal ALWAYS is.

Now that we know the contest videos are strictly hype (which should have been expected. They wouldn't tie house reveals to a contest website), we think logically about what's coming instead of just frantically hoping.

• Like 2

So, I got an email from Universal saying I won two tickets to Jack's Ball and 25th closing celebration event on November 1st. Did anybody else receive this? and also, do you guys think it'd be worth the drive down from Cincinnati? I'm going Oct 1-5 no matter what but I'm seriously considering going back down for Jack's Ball and the closing event party.

Sounds interestingg Explorer! What did you enter or do to win these tickets?

Well... I'm not sure if "shellshocked" is an appropriate response to not getting what was never promised. Disappointed, maybe. Annoyed, sure.

It was 14 days between Insidious and TWD. If they were going to be working on a weekly release schedule, then the two second biggest IPs would have been released a week apart. Not two weeks. The release are going bi-weekly. That means:

16 July - Insidious

30 July - TWD

12-14 August - ??? (Likely Scream, and likely the 13th since the previous two reveals were on Thursday)

25-29 August - Full Reveal (Originals and remaining IP, and likely the 27th because Thursday). This would be the same week the full reveal ALWAYS is.

Yeah, I was just being over dramatic. :D

That schedule makes sense. Hopefully you're right, because that would mean we get something this week.

So... Is tomorrow's announcement/release going to be the continuation of last week's video?  

I probably wouldn't get my hopes up on the sweeps thing being any kind of real information Granted it's a sweepstakes of some kind so there is that. Just smacks of 100% marketing.

So... Is tomorrow's announcement/release going to be the continuation of last week's video?  

You mean one of the two characters tied to a chair crying while the shadowy figure prowls around them?
Likely.
I wouldn't be surprised if the pay-off of this video is just Jack, and the two victims are bodies on stage during the show.

• Like 1

You mean one of the two characters tied to a chair crying while the shadowy figure prowls around them?Likely.
I wouldn't be surprised if the pay-off of this video is just Jack, and the two victims are bodies on stage during the show.

I don't know... those two actors weren't wearing anything distinctive, i mean, both of them wearing black shirts. You wouldn't really notice if they were in the show unless you were determined to find out if they're the same people.

On to another topic: I really hope they go back to an opening night ceremony, but I'd still be happy with a mini-ceremony every night at opening

I'm hoping the stage they've built by Mel's for Rock the Universe stays up to be used for an arrival type show, like 06 and 07. I don't think the rumored Jack show is something small like the Purge opening ceremony we had last year, so this would make sense. 

I was going to ask "Why don't they just use the stage next to Rip Ride and Rockit where they have all the Mardi Gras concerts?" But then I remembered they have the massive queue right in front of that stage, right? So yeah, I hope they keep that stage by Mel's for an arrival type show...that's if Jack's getting an actual show this year.

Not sure if any of you have a snapchat, but I do and have HHN Orlando on there. 

Today they sent out a short clip of the two in the room and then screaming. A long with some comments. 

Some emojis, "curiosity kills", A link to the sweepstakes to find out what's next, and a comment saying "if you dare" followed by a photo of jack.

Not sure if any of you have a snapchat, but I do and have HHN Orlando on there. 

Today they sent out a short clip of the two in the room and then screaming. A long with some comments. 

Some emojis, "curiosity kills", A link to the sweepstakes to find out what's next, and a comment saying "if you dare" followed by a photo of jack.

I'm not familiar with snapchat... it is always that... Childish looking?

That looked like something straight out of a 90's geocities webpage.

• Like 1

Dang, many here would never have survived the earlier years when you would get everything announced all at once lol.  We got a little over a month before the gates open for HHN, I'm sure if y'all waited a year you can wait a few more days.  Just sayin :)

• Like 5

I'm not familiar with snapchat... it is always that... Childish looking?

That looked like something straight out of a 90's geocities webpage.

yeah, it pretty much is... but for some reason my nephews wanted to sign me up for it. I saw HHN had one and signed up. 

Hm, it's been a bit since I've looked around here. I really like the artwork for this year, I think it's nice. Also, a stage show is cool to see back! TWD though is pretty laughable to me at this point.. talk about milking the cash cow. Looks like another typical but promising year to say the least! This will be my first year not attending... $120 bucks for an express pass... yikes. Sucks if you need to see everything in one night. Looking forward to the pictures and videos.

Dang, many here would never have survived the earlier years when you would get everything announced all at once lol.  We got a little over a month before the gates open for HHN, I'm sure if y'all waited a year you can wait a few more days.  Just sayin :)

Well I used to lurk some of those boards back in the old days. They were still pretty rabid for info. Just wasn't a precedent for it. Wasn't the same feel either though.

Anyway they put the new video up

Used the same music from the original teaser (I guess it's good I put it in the counter :P)

• Like 3

Well used to lurk some of those boards back in the old dyas. They were still pretty rabid for info. Just wasn't a precedent for it. Wasn't the same feel either though.

Anyway they put the new video up

Used the same music from the original teaser (I guess it's good I put it in the counter :P)

yeah this has to do with jack you hear his iconic jack in the box music on the phone