Nintendo expansion in relation to HHN

To be honest, I don't think Universal has any interest in video game houses unless they have a large fan base like Silent Hill and Resident Evil do. And let's not forget, both of those games spawned multiple films. I really don't see any more video game houses coming to the event anytime soon.

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 1

It will never, ever happen. Nintendo will not want it. Universal will not want it. The demographics HHN caters to will not want it. A Nintendo zone will appeal to primarily younger people (trying to pull people from Disney into the parks), people who will not go to HHN. The properties Nintendo has will NOT fit into an event. The titles you are suggesting are laughably unknown. Also, realize how themed the zone is going to be - Nintendo will not want walking dead Mario around.

And not a single, single, single genuine horror fan will like the idea of this compared to what else they can do.

Quit wasting time on this idea.

You're underestimating how popular Nintendo is with adults.

• Like 2

Honestly, I don't think Nintendo is going to appear in any form during HHN. I don't believe it'll even be open during the event, just like Kids Zone has been for the past few events. I just don't see it working. Like I've said on the speculation thread, I think video game houses are done. The 2 game houses they've done in the past (Resident Evil, Silent Hill) have enormous fan bases and multiple movies. No other horror game franchises have that. I just don't see Video Games returning to HHN anytime soon, especially Nintendo.

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 2

Yeah, it's extremely unlikely. I'm not saying that it is likely, just that it's not impossible to ever have happen. However, this is still just my wishful thinking, so in spirit of this thread, I'm not just going to drop it because it's not likely; I'm not bringing it into speculation (or, rather, I'm trying not to) for that reason. I just wish it would happen, for my own personal sake, as all these other ideas posted in here were.

The Wii U has sold a little over 9 million units and it came out in 2012, while the PS4 has sold over 25 million in about 2 years. Who would they be advertising to? Out of those 9 million, how many owners are families or younger children? The amount of "hardcore" gamers in the Nintendo Eco system is so small compared to the Xbox One and Ps4. Regardless of the two companies making a deal to have attractions in the park, HHN is in a completely different, unrealistic ballpark. It would make more sense advertising a multi platform horror game that actually gets played by more than a few hundred thousand gamers.

Oh, I'm surprised that you're bringing up sales figures without even mentioning the 3ds! Need I remind you that the 3ds family's last report shows that they have sold, oh, around 50 million? That's twice as much as the ps4 lol, so I think that saying there's a lot less hardcore gamers in the WiiU ecosystem than the other consoles would be accurate, but NOT the Nintendo ecosystem as a whole. And then we could count in the fact that there is no handheld xBox 1, and the PsVita's abysmal sales to even things out, but Nintendo still stands on top by far. Counting them out due to sales would be illogical, since Nintendo's sales are the best in console gaming. This is excluding PC ofc, that's its own world :P

And there's such a wealth of horror games on the Game Boy.

Seriously, can we stop all this "Nintendo at HHN" talk? The news that something Nintendo is coming somewhere at Universal at some point in time has made this thread insufferable.

• Like 2

Oh, I'm surprised that you're bringing up sales figures without even mentioning the 3ds! Need I remind you that the 3ds family's last report shows that they have sold, oh, around 50 million? That's twice as much as the ps4 lol, so I think that saying there's a lot less hardcore gamers in the WiiU ecosystem than the other consoles would be accurate, but NOT the Nintendo ecosystem as a whole. And then we could count in the fact that there is no handheld xBox 1, and the PsVita's abysmal sales to even things out, but Nintendo still stands on top by far. Counting them out due to sales would be illogical, since Nintendo's sales are the best in console gaming. This is excluding PC ofc, that's its own world :P

Yeah, and it launched in 2011.... Without a doubt great sales, but out of all the games mentioned in this thread (I believe they were Fatal Frame, Bayonetta, and Eternal Darkness), are any of them even sold for the 3DS platform?

What are you talking about? Survival-horror is an ever-dying genre.

This comment is quite possibly the most foolish thing I've read on this forum. Congrats!

I can't even count the number of games that are being released this year there are so many. Bloodborne sold over 1 million copies in 12 days. The Evil Within sold over 3 million. The Last of Us, over 6 million copies! Definitely a failing genre.

Nintendo has been involved in the electronic gaming industry since the 70's, yet people are bringing up the Wii like it's the only system that matters. At least save the dismissals for after the addition has been constructed. No one even knows exactly what is even going in there. It may not only be for little kids (if Universal has any sense). On top of that, this is happening in the future, so who knows what Nintendo may release from now to 3 or 4 years from now? Nintendo NX...

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

Yeah, and it launched in 2011.... Without a doubt great sales, but out of all the games mentioned in this thread (I believe they were Fatal Frame, Bayonetta, and Eternal Darkness), are any of them even sold for the 3DS platform?

Fatal Frame is, but I do also find it unlikely that Nintendo games will ever appear at HHN. I just wanted to point out the fact that Nintendo is not doing as bad as you say lol

Fatal Frame is, but I do also find it unlikely that Nintendo games will ever appear at HHN. I just wanted to point out the fact that Nintendo is not doing as bad as you say lol

I apologize if I did come off as a Nintendo hater, I'm not. I love a lot of their properties and I'm beyond excited to see their presence in the park. And yeah, that's all I was just trying to say - it doesn't seem likely for HHN. I know they're doing extremely well in the handheld market, and a few of their exclusive games on the Wii U still sell over a million copies, but their overall execution of that console was terrible and I think that's why the sales aren't up to par with their other consoles and handhelds. That's why I'm looking forward to finding out more about their NX console. This is my last Nintendo/HHN post, it's getting off topic now. Lol

• Like 1

It's funny how this has absolutely nothing to do with HHN...

This is getting out of hand. I'm on this thread to discuss Horror Nights, not Nintendo's retail.

Like Legacy said, can we please stop all of this Nintendo talk? It's a waste of time.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

It's funny how this has absolutely nothing to do with HHN...

This is getting out of hand. I'm on this thread to discuss Horror Nights, not Nintendo's retail.

Like Legacy said, can we please stop all of this Nintendo talk? It's a waste of time.

It may have nothing to do with HHN this year, but there is a chance (albeit a small one) that it could several years from now. It's really amusing to me how closed minded some of you are. The whole gaming industry has changed over the past couple decades (more so than just about any other). I'm confused why many of you believe Nintendo has to be for children. What if their next console is similar to the Xbox One and PS4, but maybe they take it a step even further and add a virtual reality headset of some sort? Then who's to say they don't release something like The Last of Us which was a huge success, might also be coming out with a part 2, and is also coming to film? I clearly need access to all your crystal balls to see the future to find out, since you seem to already know.

I also wouldn't say the discussion is getting out of hand either. A couple of people making a few posts back in forth isn't really that big a deal.

If speculation wasn't dead, we more than likely wouldn't even be getting into this stuff. At the moment what else is there to talk about? Mike hasn't dropped any code names in a while. We know the list even if he does. Not only that, we more or less already know what will be in at least a couple of the houses (TWD and AWiL). The only thing left to do is wait for permits and the actual announcements. No one is stopping anyone from discussing the minor/small specific details of the other houses either. The problem is... no one really is.

Be happy that anyone is even having any discussion at this point.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 2

It may have nothing to do with HHN this year, but there is a chance (albeit a small one) that it could several years from now. It's really amusing to me how closed minded some of you are. The whole gaming industry has changed over the past couple decades (more so than just about any other). I'm confused why many of you believe Nintendo has to be for children. What if their next console is similar to the Xbox One and PS4, but maybe they take it a step even further and add a virtual reality headset of some sort? Then who's to say they don't release something like The Last of Us which was a huge success, might also be coming out with a part 2, and is also coming to film? I clearly need access to all your crystal balls to see the future to find out, since you seem to already know.

I also wouldn't say the discussion is getting out of hand either. A couple of people making a few posts back in forth isn't really that big a deal.

If speculation wasn't dead, we more than likely wouldn't even be getting into this stuff. At the moment what else is there to talk about? Mike hasn't dropped any code names in a while. We know the list even if he does. Not only that, we more or less already know what will be in at least a couple of the houses (TWD and AWiL). The only thing left to do is wait for permits and the actual announcements. No one is stopping anyone from discussing the minor/small specific details of the other houses either. The problem is... no one really is.

Be happy that anyone is even having any discussion at this point.

I do agree with you on the fact that there is literally nothing to discuss because of the lack of updates from Mike over Twitter. There's also the fact that we know pretty much the entire lineup already. I'm just tired of the "Nintendo coming to HHN" idea I guess. It's upsetting that due to the lack of news from HHN's/Mike's Twitter, has led this thread to discuss Nintendo's amount of sales, lol.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

wonder if toon logoon will go away

It should. It's the "kids" area themed to cartoons that haven't been on the air in a decade and comics found in a dying media.

And if Dudley were rethemed to anything, the adventures of a cartoon plumber can't get any more on the nose.

It should. It's the "kids" area themed to cartoons that haven't been on the air in a decade and comics found in a dying media.

And if Dudley were rethemed to anything, the adventures of a cartoon plumber can't get any more on the nose.

Or retheme all of Toon Lagoon to Spongebob. That would be fairly on the nose too.