Nintendo expansion in relation to HHN

Not really.

I mean honestly, it's possible. Just because Nintendo has like, what, 5 horror franchises, doesn't mean they're gonna jumping for joy at their little area possibly being affected by Horror Nights.

All they could do to Seuss Landing back when Horror Nights was IoA was do some backwards music and some projections (I think). Dr.Seuss's wife didn't want them making her husband's area all twisted for HHN. Same thing with HP (Sort of.)

If Nintendo takes over Kidzone, it would be another Seuss Landing situation.

Basically what we've had the past 7 years of KZ? Lines for houses, but no actual "scary things" in the area.

The last scarezone to fully extend into KZ was Fractured Tales in 2008. By fully extend, I mean there were scareactors past the Woody the Woodpecker statue 08. Cirque and TWD didn't extend into KZ. They both utilized the big circle before KZ, but beyond food stands and a bar, there hasn't been an HHN presence in KZ.

This is similar to what occurred in Seuss minus the AP Party food stand and bar. There were lines leading to houses (and cross over points from Seuss). KZ hasn't event had noticeably thematic music in the past few years. It's just where you go to find the lines for 2 houses.

EDIT: Seuss got random Grinch sightings, so it was more than KZ has seen.

• Like 1

Basically what we've had the past 7 years of KZ? Lines for houses, but no actual "scary things" in the area.

That queue line is probably my favorite. C'mon, you don't think walking through the area with the Barney statue is scary?

Seriously though, I do find it to have a sorta surreal aspect to it that is kinda cool. Usually whenever we go through, there is no line over there because we use express. As you walk through, it's dark and deserted. You're surrounded by children friendly statues and decor, but you're on your way to a haunted attraction. It's definitely weird.

• Like 2

That queue line is probably my favorite. C'mon, you don't think walking through the area with the Barney statue is scary?

Seriously though, I do find it to have a sorta surreal aspect to it that is kinda cool. Usually whenever we go through, there is no line over there because we use express. As you walk through, it's dark and deserted. You're surrounded by children friendly statues and decor, but you're on your way to a haunted attraction. It's definitely weird.

Which do you think would make a good maze from these three in Nintendo? Bayonetta, Fatal Frame or Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem?

Which do you think would make a good maze from these three in Nintendo? Bayonetta, Fatal Frame or Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem?

I never played Eternal Darkness so I'm unsure what it's like.

Bayonetta isn't entirely horror really. Besides, the best part about the game in my opinion were the beautiful gigantic bosses. They would never spend the cash to recreate anything like that properly.

Fatal Frame would be my pick, but something like that has already been done in one variation or another. Photography of Charlie McPherson (Dead Exposure), Winter's Night - Haunting of Hawthorn, Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate.

I know this applies more to HHN 26/27 speculation, but if Nintendo takes over Kidzone with construction would the Sprung Tents still be available?

If not then a USF/IOA HHN is possible?

As far as I know the Sprungs are movable, but where to put them? And if not, is there enough space for 8-9 houses without those 2-3?

With expansions/redos coming to KidZone, San Fran, and possibly others in the next 5 years, it's going to become very hard to find a lot of spots for houses. Comcast is putting HHN on the backburner as they expand the parks, and it makes me very nervous for the state of the event.

Edited by foREVer56

Comcast is putting HHN on the backburner as they expand the parks, and it makes me very nervous for the state of the event.

That doesn't even make sense. Let's hurt a profit maker?

You think we'll get an less known modern game, a game that's rarely known in North America, and a two generation old obscure horror game? And you think Nintendo will to make these? And you also think that Creative has any interest in making any Nintendo stuff?

Normally I don't agree with you Criticalanalysis, but your spot on with this idea of Nintendo ever being a part of HHN, it's just not happening. These IP's are not well known, so if games like Condemned, Evil Within, Bioshock (I know it's not really horror), haven't been made into a maze, why would they waste their time or money into convincing Nintendo and making these mazes if they won't attract 95% of the people that attend the event?

• Like 3

I can see them doing some great things with Eternal Darkness. Remember when the game "blue screened"? They could do something like that, like making you think part of the maze hadn't been done, or that you're done early. It has enough material for a great house

Normally I don't agree with you Criticalanalysis, but your spot on with this idea of Nintendo ever being a part of HHN, it's just not happening. These IP's are not well known, so if games like Condemned, Evil Within, Bioshock (I know it's not really horror), haven't been made into a maze, why would they waste their time or money into convincing Nintendo and making these mazes if they won't attract 95% of the people that attend the event?

Appreciate the honesty :) And, I completely agree.

• Like 1

There is a 125% chance they wouldn't this year, but who knows when the expansion is created? Maybe Nintendo releases a digitally remastered version or new version of 1 of those titles (not Bayonetta) at some point in the distant future and they would like Universal to use the title at HHN to help promote the game, or better yet, 1 of those titles is made into a new movie that year. People are enjoying survival horror games more and more as the years go by. To completely write off the possibility of something from Nintendo being used at HHN seems a bit off, especially when the expansion hasn't even taken place yet.

There is a 125% chance they wouldn't this year, but who knows when the expansion is created? Maybe Nintendo releases a digitally remastered version or new version of 1 of those titles (not Bayonetta) at some point in the distant future and they would like Universal to use the title at HHN to help promote the game, or better yet, 1 of those titles is made into a new movie that year. People are enjoying survival horror games more and more as the years go by. To completely write off the possibility of something from Nintendo being used at HHN seems a bit off, especially when the expansion hasn't even taken place yet.

The Wii U has sold a little over 9 million units and it came out in 2012, while the PS4 has sold over 25 million in about 2 years. Who would they be advertising to? Out of those 9 million, how many owners are families or younger children? The amount of "hardcore" gamers in the Nintendo Eco system is so small compared to the Xbox One and Ps4. Regardless of the two companies making a deal to have attractions in the park, HHN is in a completely different, unrealistic ballpark. It would make more sense advertising a multi platform horror game that actually gets played by more than a few hundred thousand gamers.

Edited by Arsik_22

People are enjoying survival horror games more and more as the years go by. To completely write off the possibility of something from Nintendo being used at HHN seems a bit off, especially when the expansion hasn't even taken place yet.

What are you talking about? Survival-horror is an ever-dying genre.

I seriously cannot believe anyone even wants to waste money developing a NINTENDO house/zone for the event. It's abysmal and I'm happy none of you who support this are in charge.

I can see them doing some great things with Eternal Darkness. Remember when the game "blue screened"? They could do something like that, like making you think part of the maze hadn't been done, or that you're done early. It has enough material for a great house

It will never, ever happen. Nintendo will not want it. Universal will not want it. The demographics HHN caters to will not want it. A Nintendo zone will appeal to primarily younger people (trying to pull people from Disney into the parks), people who will not go to HHN. The properties Nintendo has will NOT fit into an event. The titles you are suggesting are laughably unknown. Also, realize how themed the zone is going to be - Nintendo will not want walking dead Mario around.

And not a single, single, single genuine horror fan will like the idea of this compared to what else they can do.

Quit wasting time on this idea.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

I like Eternal Darkness a lot but this idea just makes me think of the Pause Room in Resident Evil.

Honestly, if they want to do a videogame house they should just make it an inspired by like Saws and Steam was to Bioshock. Beyond that, I would be surprised it it ever happened.

It will never, ever happen. Nintendo will not want it. Universal will not want it. The demographics HHN caters to will not want it. A Nintendo zone will appeal to primarily younger people (trying to pull people from Disney into the parks), people who will not go to HHN. The properties Nintendo has will NOT fit into an event. The titles you are suggesting are laughably unknown. Also, realize how themed the zone is going to be - Nintendo will not want walking dead Mario around.

And not a single, single, single genuine horror fan will like the idea of this compared to what else they can do.

While I do believe this could have been said less...harshly, I sort of agree. Maybe not on the whole "every single genuine horror fan", but yeah, Nintendo appeals to a younger crowd. I do think it's pretty safe to say that there won't be anything Nintendo involved at HHN.

What are you talking about? Survival-horror is an ever-dying genre.

I seriously cannot believe anyone even wants to waste money developing a NINTENDO house/zone for the event. It's abysmal and I'm happy none of you who support this are in charge.

Do you have to say everything so harshly? They're discussing things. They don't have to stop discussing just because you think it's a bad idea. Do I think a Nintendo house/zone will happen? No, but calm down.

Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 4

That doesn't even make sense. Let's hurt a profit maker?

I'm not saying they're getting rid of it. All I'm saying is that they're not going to take house locations into consideration while they're busy expanding the parks left and right. And why would they? Why would they not make a mutli million dollar E-Ticket based off an IP that'll bring in MILLIONS of people year round just so they can put a temporary house in that location every year for 6 weeks?

There's still plenty of options obviously, but the numbers of options are starting to dwindle. In the past 3 years we've lost SS44 and JAWS, and there's a LOT of projects in the works that will take away even more spaces. This will almost definitely be Disaster's last year, for example.

If they go down a house or 2 due to lack of space, I doubt Uni would care because people aren't going to stop just cuz there's only 7-8 houses when they've got TWD and whatever new popular IPs are out there. What I meant was I fear we are reaching that point in the coming years.

I might be "wasting" YOUR time, but some others of us are actually into this stuff, whether you are or not. Sure, some of these might have faded into obscurity, some might not be specifically horror, but being an almost-unknown IP hasn't stopped Universal before. I still don't think it's likely at all, which is why I'm keeping it in this thread (I do believe this is the *wishful thinking* thread, is it not?), but it's still and idea that I think would be cool, as I'm sure others would/do. Eternal Darkness is a cult classic game, and it garnered outstanding reviews. Fatal Frame might not be ginormous, but is still a somewhat popular franchise. Bayonetta IS super popular, although it's not exactly horror, it has horror themes. However, the thing that makes these ideas float to the surface is the fact that Uni is partnered with Nintendo. And if it is obscurity you're worried about, then what about some of the other obscure houses, or even original houses? Those are also largely unknown to the public, and the originals aren't even from any IP, so they aren't going to draw in major crowds, yet they're cool horror houses nonetheless, like these houses could be.