HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

Ah that's too bad - I was really hoping this would be over by MIB because that end of the park is so dead. It totally takes you out of the atmosphere because there aren't scarezones there, and it's usually just one house entrance. I have a fantasy that some day they would have dementors circling by HP even if it's not open during HHN.. but you'd still get the vibe. Sorry, off topic. Was dreaming of my vision of that end of the park.

• Like 1

So... Is the Shrek 4d attraction not running anymore, or will it be shut down while HHN is running? That is part of the reason why I'm confused.

The 2nd reason why I'm confused is because if they are willing to disable an attraction just to make space for an extra house, shouldn't there be a better location to choose from besides the area where there is already so much traffic? On some Saturday evenings, the Plaza of the Stars is so crowded you can hardly move. Now they want to add another house right in the middle of it pretty much? I would imagine that this influx is people will probably also take away from the scare zone that is located there as well. Obviously it will make a difference how they decide to direct the lines, but no matter how you look at it, that is another more than likely huge mass of people that is added to an already crowded area. Meanwhile... The back portion of the park will be devoid of anything HHN related.

So... Is the Shrek 4d attraction not running anymore, or will it be shut down while HHN is running? That is part of the reason why I'm confused.

The 2nd reason why I'm confused is because if they are willing to disable an attraction just to make space for an extra house, shouldn't there be a better location to choose from besides the area where there is already so much traffic? On some Saturday evenings, the Plaza of the Stars is so crowded you can hardly move. Now they want to add another house right in the middle of it pretty much? I would imagine that this influx is people will probably also take away from the scare zone that is located there as well. Obviously it will make a difference how they decide to direct the lines, but no matter how you look at it, that is another more than likely huge mass of people that is added to an already crowded area. Meanwhile... The back portion of the park will be devoid of anything HHN related.

Only one of the theaters is closing.

Well if this rumored spot for the 9th house location, that will be changed. If that's a spoiler, then delete this post but it should be fine.

9th House is now rumored for our extended Shrek queue I believe? So yeah, the back portion is likely to be empty unless they put a zone back there which does not seem to be on the rumors.

Just to clarify, it seems that the 9th house will be in one of the Shrek theaters. The Building has two theaters in in that are fairly sizable, and the other one would continue operating as Shrek 4-D on a daily basis. They would remove the seats and most likely use the existing extended queue as queue space.

Now which house is going in here I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if some of our location spec is way off.

Edited by Chef

Just to clarify, it seems that the 9th house will be in one of the Shrek theaters. The Building has two theaters in in that are fairly sizable, and the other one would continue operating as Shrek 4-D on a daily basis. They would remove the seats and most likely use the existing extended queue as queue space.

Now which house is going in here I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if some of our location spec is way off.

According to rumors, Scream will be the house inside the Shrek theatre.

• Like 1

Am I the only 1 who thinks that adding a house in that location is going to cause problems with overcrowding the front of the park (mainly Plaza of the Stars)?

This will especially be the case if in fact the house is going to be Scream besides.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Am I the only 1 who thinks that adding a house in that location is going to cause problems with overcrowding the front of the park (mainly Plaza of the Stars)?

This will especially be the case if in fact the house is going to be Scream besides.

If they put it in Shrek I can see crowding being an issue. If they put the 9th house in the MiB extended queue, that would be a lot better. The only issue would be when Bill and Ted let out.

If they put it in Shrek I can see crowding being an issue. If they put the 9th house in the MiB extended queue, that would be a lot better. The only issue would be when Bill and Ted let out.

MIB is out. There was some problem with it going there... I'm assuming permitting, crowd control, or something along those lines.

I broke down the Shrek location in my new update on the location.

But they could possibly enter from the Hollywood BLVD side or even the Shrek alley side. They could even go so far as to block off Shrek alley from Plaza of the Stars so that you had to go around to the (largely dead) side where the TF meet and greet is... Then just dump out the normal "out" for Shrek so the in and out are virtually the same spot.

• Like 3

MIB is out. There was some problem with it going there... I'm assuming permitting, crowd control, or something along those lines.

But they could possibly enter from the Hollywood BLVD side or even the Shrek alley side. They could even go so far as to block off Shrek alley from Plaza of the Stars so that you had to go around to the (largely dead) side where the TF meet and greet is... Then just dump out the normal "out" for Shrek so the in and out are virtually the same spot.

Thanks for the update and it does make sense. So basically the size for the house in the 2nd theater is 10,000 sq ft (based upon the whole soundstage being 20,000)? If that's the case, there should be ample room for a house. My concern would be the queue. It doesn't seem large enough for the HHN crowds. Maybe putting an original concept house, they definitely shouldn't put an IP like the speculated Scream.

I'm not sure who said this but they should put Alice in Wonderland 3D house in the Shrek Theater. They can utilize the existing lighting there.

Edited by IheartNARWHALS

That building doesn't seem to be as large as your numbers say it is. That building is well over 40,000 square feet then?

Nevermind... The whole building is 20,000 square feet, not 1 theater,

But anyways...

Regardless of whether there is space for that house's queue line, the overall picture of how many people will be at the front of the park will probably still be an issue. They should have done everything they could to get people more spread out. But I guess that's just my opinion.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

fmzMUSX.png

Are these the only possible Inlets / Outlets? The Red area would be the street roped off for the queue.

Could they let people in at A or B and let them out at C? Or in & out at C? those two might be their best crowd-flow options....

add to the fact that the exit finale of Giggles & Gore was very open and running was welcomed, it may hint to this year's house placement.

But on that note, TWD house last year also had a fast paced finale, so I dunno

sorry, just grasping at straws here...

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic