HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

They could of course work in the seats for whatever they're doing, depending on what they look like.

I've only ever been in that building once, and that was back in 2011 and I never actually saw the show so I wouldn't know if that would be possible.

Given that these scarezones are supposed to have more actors, we can assume that the zones might have to be bigger. What if they use a bit of Shrek as an interior area?

I am interested as to why he's walking in a doomsday prepper underground bunker though. Hopefully they'll cover that part of the story eventually. Maybe Legendary Truth had him captured somewhere after he was freed from the lantern?

It looks to me like it was shot between two of the SoundStages. Which could mean he's walking into the park from the A&D offices

Edited by Mrevio
  • Like 1

If the entrance ends up being on the Hollywood side to make full use of the extended shrek queue instead of making a temporary queue near monsters, it could spread out crowds a bit.

Edited by Chef

I can't see them cramming a house on the Shrek theatre, but then again i could be wrong.

Just for the record, Im ok with Jack, i'm also ok without Jack, the same goes for TWD, those are just things that don't really shake me for nothing tbh. I simply was pointing out the inconsistancies with this tired worn out debate. And let's face it Jack stopped being original years ago, and it's as played out as TWD. Regardless I always look forward to September every year.

• Like 1

Here is where I'm hearing from multiple sources.

MIB extended queue

Click the pic for the full article.

9th-house.png

That's where I figured it was going. Maybe the Shrek thing could be to put up a museum of sorts of HHN past? seriously doubt it but just a thought.

Man, the tent/B&T section of the park is gonna be unbearable to walk though this time. Although, having 2 houses right next to B&T might help wait times at tent 2 a little.

• Like 1

Let's all stay on topic, folks.

Very tired of reading off-topic posts purely arguing over who's right about what. This thread isn't a measuring contest.

Ah! Someone got my ruler reference.. LOL

I can't see them putting a house in Shrek. That makes zero sense. I think JDW's info makes much more sense - and I hope his info is correct because I think it creates a balance that has been lacking logistically.

I'm sure you all saw Mike's other tweets last night. Any speculation on when we will get more info? He just said "over the next few months". That could mean anything.. that could mean 'Hey, we gave you a tease, now wait until the 4th of July for anything else'.. thoughts?

Wonder if Chance will get a new look?

If Chance appears this year, (which I have no doubt that she will in some way, shape, or form) Then I'm pretty sure they would give her a new look. In fact, I can see all the icons getting a getting a little bit of rebooted looks as well, in the Icons zone. I'm not saying Chance will be featured in the icon zone, but if she is, she'll probably just sit alongside Jack.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

Just got the survey prompt but my screenshot program is having problems.

I don't think there'd be anything interesting in it, but I guess I'll check.

Edit:

These were the only relevant things:

cW92QnI.png

VfV14cu.png

Ultimately, nothing interesting aside from Friday the 13'th not being too far off from what we're getting and the amusing fact that the singular Jack the clown listing is on there.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch
  • Like 2

HHNRumors is stating that the 9th house location will be in the Shrek theater and that it's confirmed.

If this is true, how impressive could this house really be? How will it actually work at all? I understand that there is space for a queue line, but what about the actual house? They're going to take seats out of the theater and do what exactly? Can someone help me envision this please?

Oh yeah, and I'd also like to know something else... There was a release of info (unofficial I believe) regarding ticket prices. I noticed that the Rush of Fear pass was $84. However I didn't see anything about adding express to it. It can't possibly be $130 for each night attending on top of the Rush of Fear or Frequent Fear passes, right? They usually offer a discount of some sort if you buy Rush of Fear and Express together. If it's $130 for Express for each night, it would cost a fortune to visit 4 nights.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

HHNRumors is stating that the 9th house location will be in the Shrek theater and that it's confirmed.

If this is true, how impressive could this house really be? How will it actually work at all? I understand that there is space for a queue line, but what about the actual house? They're going to take seats out of the theater and do what exactly? Can someone help me envision this please?

Well, considering it's never been done before it's extremely difficult to say exactly what they would do. My previous suggestions are based on the last time they turned a theater space into a haunt, but that was over a decade ago.

They will likely remove the chairs and build a plywood base to ensure the space is level and cover any gaps. Then they build it like they build every other house. How impressive it is depends entirely on how they design it. I'll be honest, though. The ONLY house that should be considered for the space is Wonderland 3-D.

• Like 4

Not to completely throw off location spec and confirmations, but is it possible that both MiB and Shrek are going to be used?

This is pure speculation, but a new permit titled Project 727 appeared yesterday. It's description is building renovation. The interesting part was the permit fee. It suggests that the cost for this renovation is sizable. The only building I can think of that makes any type of sense for a major renovation (but not demolition) is Twister.

If Twister goes under construction soon, will this result in the loss of a soundstage queue?

Not to completely throw off location spec and confirmations, but is it possible that both MiB and Shrek are going to be used?

This is pure speculation, but a new permit titled Project 727 appeared yesterday. It's description is building renovation. The interesting part was the permit fee. It suggests that the cost for this renovation is sizable. The only building I can think of that makes any type of sense for a major renovation (but not demolition) is Twister.

If Twister goes under construction soon, will this result in the loss of a soundstage queue?

Project 727 is the Twister replacement, but it supposedly won't open until 2017. So it shouldn't affect HHN, probably closing in Winter.

How strange. Conflicting reports. Well Maybe both were looked at. Guess time will tell. But either way, Both MIB and Shrek have ample room.

It's going to be interesting seeing what the actual location for the 9th house will be, both Shrek and MIB have their pro's and cons. Personally I'd want it to be in the MIB extended queue to have a bit more on that side of the park, yes there's no doubt it's going to get hammered every time B&T let out, but it was the same case when they had the Jaws queue location. That and I think a Shrek venue would be consistantly more hammered since it's right in the front of the park.

It's going to be interesting seeing what the actual location for the 9th house will be, both Shrek and MIB have their pro's and cons. Personally I'd want it to be in the MIB extended queue to have a bit more on that side of the park, yes there's no doubt it's going to get hammered every time B&T let out, but it was the same case when they had the Jaws queue location. That and I think a Shrek venue would be consistantly more hammered since it's right in the front of the park.

Looking like it will be Shrek. MIB was a no go. I updated the article

• Like 2

They will likely remove the chairs and build a plywood base to ensure the space is level and cover any gaps. Then they build it like they build every other house. How impressive it is depends entirely on how they design it. I'll be honest, though. The ONLY house that should be considered for the space is Wonderland 3-D.

Why, out of curiosity?

I'm assuming it's Scream, as that's the only that didn't have a set location, and it doesn't require large sets. If they use the theater and potentially some of the extended queue, that house would be fine there.

Why, out of curiosity?

I'm assuming it's Scream, as that's the only that didn't have a set location, and it doesn't require large sets. If they use the theater and potentially some of the extended queue, that house would be fine there.

Because Scream needs to be in the back of the park. Not the front. If Scream was supposed to be in the third tent, it still can be if they put Wonderland in Shrek.

I guess they can close off the whole street where American Gothic, The Coven, & Nightmaze were to use it for house queue space. and if that gets too long, they can dig into the Transformers queue from there.

But yeah, where they let it out will determine a lot about crowd flow.

Edited by Mrevio

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic