HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "Grinch."

And you're right. I'm confused why everyone is so excited about stuff we've known and suspected for months.

I'm excited that we have marketing that isn't TWD centric. I'm exited in the changes I see in Jack. The logo gives an older HHN vibe and isn't the generic one we've seen the past couple of years.

Jack is my least favorite of the icons, though there is a sentimental attachment to him being the first.

My largest complaint about Jack has always been a lack of depth and continuity. His particular iteration doesn't seem to be glossing over the growth the character should have.

I find that appealing. While I would love an indepth story as to how Jack got to this point, I am not holding my breath for it. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, and the images I've seen show growth.

And it's the original Jack. (Original Actor).

• Like 6

It's amazing to me how little y'all need to be excited about something.

Even within this momentarily glimpse of Jack there is zero cohesiveness. The event has zero cohesion. Everything is all over the place. Give anyone a big budget and they can make similar houses. It's the details which make this event stand out. They failed here.

Why is Jack even walking down a corridor, for that matter? How is he going to tie Scream to Alice in Wonderland and (supposedly) the Body Collectors? His face is great, his outfit is horrendous. Give him a Nolan style spin, darker, more sinister.

It's all over the place.

Edited by criticalanalysis

What does everyone think of the "more scare actors in the scare zones than ever before?" Might've paraphrased that some. So we had 4 last year and now 5 this year, that alone doesn't seem much. But if they're truly saying more actors in zones then ever before, we have to assume that means more than years back when they had 7 or more zones. So maybe the zones will finally expand out more? Thoughts on this as I haven't seen anyone comment to it yet?

It'll really suck if Crowe is completely scrapped. The most unique "super-icon" they would have conceived.

I thought I saw something that looked a lot like crowe in the American Gothic scarezone, either that, or Fractured Tales, both from 2008

I also recall me saying how heavily carnival themed the event will be :)

Sorry, I don't think people here care for others rubbing "told you so" in people's faces. They were easy guesses, Clowns fit right into Carnivals. 2007 was his peak as an icon, set in a carnival. Why fix something that isn't broken? Jack had a rock-ish show last year at Singapore, but I don't think it's the right show for an american crowd seeking horror entertainment. I'll give you the leather one because the jacket's shiny.

• Like 1

Everything about that video and info was great!!!!! Too many whiny little children on this site. Its just a little bit of info... jeez.

I love Jack personally. He heckled my wife and I as we left the event at XX. He was on point too, good stuff! Im always a fan! Love that logo too!

Shocker, Peoria, but I agree..

2006 was only my second year attending, and I had my son with me along with his best buddy. They were just at the right age (16) to think they were bad ass and wouldn't be scared or anything. I asked them to go take a picture with Jack.. they, at first, balked. So, I told them to get their asses over there so I could get the pic. They sauntered over all teenage tough, and Jack literally took them both by the collars on their shirts and squeezed. Then, he leaned over and whispered something to my son who literally jumped, and that's when they took the pic. It was a priceless moment.. followed by - my friend and I went to get our pic next, and I sort of leaned away from him as I generally don't like clowns.. and what does he say to me? "I see you're nervous, and you should be.. because we all float down here." Literally made goosebumps run up my arms and the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

So, for those of you who don't like Jack.. I pity you. I think you misunderstand the influence he can have as a really great icon. His wit and sarcasm and his overall menace are perfect. Jack rocks, and I can't wait to see him again.. crazy bastard.

Say what you will - but I think we'll get more story. And yes, Legacy, maybe standards are lower after The Walking Dead event we've had for the last three years. The standards were lowered by default. So, to see something original to HHN take center stage is thrilling. Pathetic? Possibly.. but doesn't mean I'm not still excited.

So, for those of you who don't like Jack.. I pity you. I think you misunderstand the influence he can have as a really great icon. His wit and sarcasm and his overall menace are perfect. Jack rocks, and I can't wait to see him again.. crazy bastard.

It's fake, it isn't scary. Wit? Chucky's show in Hollywood is wit, Jack isn't. The Caretaker / Director seem lifelike, Jack? Not so much.

• Like 1

It's amazing to me how little y'all need to be excited about something.

Even within this momentarily glimpse of Jack there is zero cohesiveness. The event has zero cohesion. Everything is all over the place. Give anyone a big budget and they can make similar houses. It's the details which make this event stand out. They failed here.

Why is Jack even walking down a corridor, for that matter? How is he going to tie Scream to Alice in Wonderland and (supposedly) the Body Collectors? His face is great, his outfit is horrendous. Give him a Nolan style spin, darker, more sinister.

It's all over the place.

How much cohesion should a 30 second teaser supply?

This was a reintroduction to a well-known character. It is the first official announcement confirming Jack's return. This isn't meant to answer all our questions. This is meant to create them.

As for why is Jack walking down a dark corridor: Besides the obvious visual tropes and appeals of its creepy and spooky and it has him re emerging from the shadows, this is a question that this teaser is suppose to generate. Why is he where he is? How do he get there? They may or may not answer that question, as I said the usage is obviously a visual trope.

How will Jack bring together and connect all the houses? The same way HHN has generally connected houses to a central theme. Simplicity.

07 is the most appropriate example: Jack brought together a carnival/circus. Here are the acts he's picked up.

09: This are all movies that have come to life.

08 while one could delve into the deeper story, the simplicity was there: These are the fears of Dr. Mary Agana's patients brought to life.

Each house this year can be easily and simply linked to the Chaos Reigns/Bringer of Chaos tags. Jack's Maniacs fits that need. Jack has brought forth a these house/mazes/experiences that are ruled by maniacs.

But...the masses don't know the house list. They don't need cohesion yet, and most likely never will. The days of marketing to us are gone.

• Like 9

And yes, Legacy, maybe standards are lower after The Walking Dead event we've had for the last three years. The standards were lowered by default. So, to see something original to HHN take center stage is thrilling. Pathetic? Possibly.. but doesn't mean I'm not still excited.

But therein lies the rub...

NONE OF THIS IS ORIGINAL! It's all stuff that we've had before. That's what's frustrating about all of this excitement. Everyone is so excited for something that isn't TWD that they're ignoring the objective fact that it's still a repeat (only less so, because the website is unlikely to give us much more than what we have). And because of all of the excitement, you're actually playing in to Marketing's argument that they don't need to come up with anything new. They can just reuse the same stuff (year after year after year after year...).

If you want something Original, reject Jack and demand Crow. If you're tired of repeated houses like TWD and AWIL, don't scream for the return of the Body Collectors and Nightingales. Because to Marketing and management, there is no difference. All this does is remove even more control from A&D.

• Like 1

How much cohesion should a 30 second teaser supply?

A lot more than it did. It separates what anyone can do with money versus experts can do. Attention to detail. And many people will notice it.

HHN15 connected nearly everything in some way. It was fantastic, even my father (who doesn't go anymore) commented about how the "atmosphere" felt (aka, cohesion) compared to latter events. They could try, but they aren't.

Scream matches Alice in Wonderland matches the Body Collectors all in one universe? Quite a generous leap.

Wait til I rub my list I told in ur face lol

Yawn... and I had it all in March. What's your point? I saw that teaser over a week ago. Who cares?

No one likes a know it all.

People keep asking why I'm moving on from the community and it's because of the bickering, the carrot danglers, and general all around "know it all" mentality.

It's a flipping Halloween attraction. It's cool and I've been doing it a very long time... But the community in general drives me to drink.

I'm trying my best to just enjoy it and not care about who had what first and who is upset with who. It's like a Bloody soap opera at times

• Like 12

But therein lies the rub...

NONE OF THIS IS ORIGINAL! It's all stuff that we've had before. That's what's frustrating about all of this excitement. Everyone is so excited for something that isn't TWD that they're ignoring the objective fact that it's still a repeat (only less so, because the website is unlikely to give us much more than what we have). And because of all of the excitement, you're actually playing in to Marketing's argument that they don't need to come up with anything new. They can just reuse the same stuff (year after year after year after year...).

If you want something Original, reject Jack and demand Crow. If you're tired of repeated houses like TWD and AWIL, don't scream for the return of the Body Collectors and Nightingales. Because to Marketing and management, there is no difference. All this does is remove even more control from A&D.

I meant original as in Jack is a HHN original creation. TWD is NOT. I see what you're saying though, and Crow would be AWESOME. I totally agree that the more original stuff is always better, and I'm fully aware that my cynicism over extreme TWD over-exposure has made my excitement level very easy to kickstart by simply NOT giving me TWD. I realize that leaves them with barely having to make an effort, and I shouldn't enable that. I'm not hating on you Legacy, and I totally recognize my faults and understand (and agree with for the most part) your statements.

I think the issue with TWD/Jack is that they do NOTHING different each time. It's the same generic thing - "demented clown" and "zombies." Body Collectors and Nightingales had/could have different story elements, dramatically different settings, etc.

Yawn... and I had it all in March. What's your point? I saw that teaser over a week ago. Who cares?

People keep asking why I'm moving on from the community and it's because of the bickering, the carrot danglers, and general all around "know it all" mentality.

It's a flipping Halloween attraction. It's cool and I've been doing it a very long time... But the community in general drives me to drink.

I'm trying my best to just enjoy it and not care about who had what first and who is upset with who. It's like a Bloody soap opera at times

Just ignore that BS, JDW. I'm ignoring it because it makes me think of little boys who carry a ruler around in their pockets for spontaneous measuring contests.. if you get my drift. Who gives a shit? If you're here just to say "look at me, look at me", or you're here to set a world record on the ability to bitch about every single detail, then I'm pretty much ignoring whatever you have to say. If you'd actually like to participate in the discussion and add to it with some kind of intelligence (ala Mystique), then, please, party on.

• Like 1

I meant original as in Jack is a HHN original creation. TWD is NOT. I see what you're saying though, and Crow would be AWESOME. I totally agree that the more original stuff is always better, and I'm fully aware that my cynicism over extreme TWD over-exposure has made my excitement level very easy to kickstart by simply NOT giving me TWD. I realize that leaves them with barely having to make an effort, and I shouldn't enable that. I'm not hating on you Legacy, and I totally recognize my faults and understand (and agree with for the most part) your statements.

Oh, I have no issue with you. It is what it is. My argument comes my attempts at objective cynicism because somebody has to (and most people find criticalanalysis too brash).

• Like 1

Well said sir

This is the first time in years that I feel we will be getting a old school feel to the event. Sure, Jack is a face we are all very familiar with but after going a few years without a * I might be jumping the gun here * physical Icon at the park, I am more than happy to see Jack back and very excited to see how they will utilize him and his new look/attitude. He brings a very Halloweenie/Eerie feeling to the event which I feel has been lacking for years!!!

I for one am very excited.

Edited by NowYouKnowJack
  • Like 4

Since 2011 the majority of this forum has cried out for an icon and a themed event (it's looking like this year could have a theme as such).

Now that we FINALLY have an icon people are moaning! Yeah it's Jack but anyone that has a brain should realise that JACK IS HORROR NIGHTS. Anyone that watched that video and wasn't wishing it to be September is mad!

I for one CANNOT wait now the reveals and to see how the event shapes up. We all need to embrace this announcement and be thankful that A&D have been allowed to even do it this year! The past 3 years have been a marketing heaven so let's hope that this announcement brings us back (or at least a little bit closer) to the old events we loved and cherish!

• Like 2

Anyone else getting too excited about quantity without thinking of quality? Expanding the number of actors and zones can be done by removing the quality of these attractions in some way.

Troll_940px.jpg

Wait til I rub my balls in yours.

Very well said.

• Like 3

Since 2011 the majority of this forum has cried out for an icon and a themed event (it's looking like this year could have a theme as such).

Now that we FINALLY have an icon people are moaning! Yeah it's Jack but anyone that has a brain should realise that JACK IS HORROR NIGHTS. Anyone that watched that video and wasn't wishing it to be September is mad!

I for one CANNOT wait now the reveals and to see how the event shapes up. We all need to embrace this announcement and be thankful that A&D have been allowed to even do it this year! The past 3 years have been a marketing heaven so let's hope that this announcement brings us back (or at least a little bit closer) to the old events we loved and cherish!

Jeezy creezy...I'm with this guy here, we finally get an announcement of an Icon overseeing the event and what does everyone do? They start crying and complaining. Damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, am I right? Seriously, every needs to calm their tits, take a step back and relax. If anything people should be outraged more that we got another year of TWD rather than the return of Jack.

• Like 5

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic