HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

And most importantly, look.

No lantern. No Fear. No branding. No LT.

No canon. No story.

Congrats on Carnival of Carnage: Redux.

Here's the thing with the "rocker" identifier. Unless Jack is walking out with a guitar, screaming the lyrics to "Enter Sandman," he's still an evil clown. It's not a "rocker" take on the character. "Rock music" is considered a chaotic, frenetic sound and it fits the lord of Chaos. The show is going to mimic the Arrival show, only with different supporting characters and different music. The music doesn't change the character.

• Like 3

No canon. No story.

Geez, some people are just so hard to please. Atleast it's something dude. This alone is better than what's been going on for the last few years. We have an icon, a more focused theme rather than just "the event speaks for itself", and we have an original logo rather than the generic red. And who knows, not all has been revealed yet so we'll see.

When I heard that he was going to have a new look, I thought that he was going to have a complete makeover, not just a new coat over his old costume. Poor Jack looks like he's getting kinda old too. Maybe he had a rough time during those years in the lantern.

But like the guy above me alluded to, something is better than nothing.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

When I heard that he was going to have a new look, I thought that he was going to have a complete makeover, not just a new coat over his old costume. Poor Jack looks like he's getting kinda old too. Maybe he had a rough time during those years in the lantern.

Frankly, I think he looks scarier.. more dangerous. While his bright makeup from before made him look wild and somewhat scary.. this new look makes him look crazier and completely unhinged. I think that's the point - the he looks like he's been through some specific type of hell that he's going to pass on to us.

As for this not giving us a "story" - I think the story may come later. I think we get to find out exactly what happened to Jack during his absence. I understand all the similarities to the Carnival of Carnage, but for god's sake, I am so relieved that it's NOT The Walking Dead focused.. this opens up so many more possibilities.

• Like 5

Geez, some people are just so hard to please. Atleast it's something dude. This alone is better than what's been going on for the last few years. We have an icon, a more focused theme rather than just "the event speaks for itself", and we have an original logo rather than the generic red. And who knows, not all has been revealed yet so we'll see.

Damn right I'm hard to please.

But the icon is a repeat (back for a sixth time).

The theme is... What? "Jack's back again! Along with everything else!" "We changed our colors!" "No TWD! Psych! Hahaha! We clowned you good!" There's still no theme, and the event is still expected to speak for itself.

When the biggest point of new excitement is a new logo, expectations have plummeted.

But then, I don't actually attend anymore.

• Like 1

He's grittier and, ergo, scarier. But I agree it really depends on who you put the coat on. It's still a ringmaster getup. It's more "intense now" with the chains and the leather and the huh huh...

I don't think you'll get your pay off on how he got back. He just is. No story. Pretty sure that's all over. as reaper said to me

But does Dante from Devil May Cry know that Jack the clown raids his wardrobe?

BAHAHA! On the mark man! Roll up them sleeves unbutton the coat and you got it.

m9p2fr.png

• Like 1

I wonder what "the secrets" will be?

I "pledged my allegiance". Now what?

Given that everything leads to twitter, "secrets" probably means updates and "pledging your allegiance" probably just means using a hash tag.

What type of updates and from where? I couldn't tell you. Could just be from Universal's twitter.

• Like 1

I think that's the point - the he looks like he's been through some specific type of hell that he's going to pass on to us.

And that easily plays into a story on how returned. Look at him. He WAS in the lantern... and who knows what it was like in there... The blog description said something about Oddfellow... maybe he freed Jack from the lantern..? (Just a thought)

Edited by JackTheREAPER

with the tagline being Chaos Reigns, I expect to see the future taglines involve Death, Sacrifice, Legend and Vengeance all leading up to HHN 30.. with that being said, I wonder if the Horror Night Nightmares/Hallow'd Past-esque house is still happening

Everything about that video and info was great!!!!! Too many whiny little children on this site. Its just a little bit of info... jeez.

I love Jack personally. He heckled my wife and I as we left the event at XX. He was on point too, good stuff! Im always a fan! Love that logo too!

• Like 2

I wonder what "the secrets" will be?

I "pledged my allegiance". Now what?

Compound 2.0 is what I suspect.

Jack is more mature? Refined? Found his niche? Solidified his persona?

All of the above are thoughts the new look creates for me, but none seemed to fit the "BringerofChaos".

It makes me think of the older (age wise) "psychopaths" such as Lecter.

• Like 2

with the tagline being Chaos Reigns, I expect to see the future taglines involve Death, Sacrifice, Legend and Vengeance all leading up to HHN 30..

I really do hope so. I would love to think that this year is the beginning of a future of re-introducing all of the icons... But that, my friend, is merely a wish. But then again, who knows. After all, Jack was this year's kickstarter, instead of TWD. And look at the site! IT'S ALL JACK!!

No canon. No story.

Here's the thing with the "rocker" identifier. Unless Jack is walking out with a guitar, screaming the lyrics to "Enter Sandman," he's still an evil clown. It's not a "rocker" take on the character. "Rock music" is considered a chaotic, frenetic sound and it fits the lord of Chaos. The show is going to mimic the Arrival show, only with different supporting characters and different music. The music doesn't change the character.

Agreed. Jack is arguably the second worst icon they have in their arsenal. There is no comparison to the Caretaker, Director, or even the Usher. The leather coat look is a joke, he doesn't look menacing, he just looks ridiculous. The rock music doesn't fit the event whatsoever. If they wanted to bring him back they should've ONLY used the creepier music they used in the video as he walked down the corridor, but then his outfit should've been darker, more "worn" in (not like he went to a BDSM store).

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

Agreed. Jack is arguably the second worst icon they have in their arsenal. There is no comparison to the Caretaker, Director, or even the Usher. The leather coat look is a joke, he doesn't look menacing, he just looks ridiculous. The rock music doesn't fit the event whatsoever. If they wanted to bring him back they should've ONLY used the creepier music they used in the video as he walked down the corridor, but then his outfit should've been darker, more "worn" in (not like he went to a BDSM store).

I gotta wonder man... All you ever do is complain about things. Like literally everything. Why do you bother with HHN?

• Like 3

I gotta wonder man... All you ever do is complain about things. Like literally everything. Why do you bother with HHN?

They're not making the event dark. What put them on the map is HHN12-15. Everything since has not matched the tone of those events. Nothing. Some houses are good, an occasional scare zone, but nothing.

I bother because I do enjoy the event, enough to want to see it get better. They took the easy way out, "Let's bring Jack back, and that's it. We have to do NOTHING extra and people will eat it up. Brilliant."

The tone, website, intensity, lack of story line, abundant use of IPs, worse merchandise, sillier commercials, etc are not helping the event.

Edited by criticalanalysis

Here's the thing about Jack. Maybe he's not the best Icon. But he sure as hell is the easiest one to introduce to a new crowd, ESPECIALLY when they have no idea what an HHN icon is. He's an evil clown with a dark sense of humor and a gritty personality! If you ask me, he's the easiest for the new crowds to adapt to, and if the ads this year are anything like the stuff HHN just gave us, people are gonna want to go.

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 4

Oh OK. Whatever floats your boat I guess. I just wonder what enjoyment you get out of it. I mean I'm not happy with the direction but I still enjoy it overall.

Anyway for anyone wanting to see a better look at the makeup.

2hzwc8.png

• Like 1

Haven't posted in a while but I've been reading all the speculation on houses and scarezones. I have to say i'm thrilled in Jack's new look and this video. People have been crying for a Icon's return since HHN 21. Now we get it and people are still complaining. Just cant please some people.

• Like 4

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic