HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

honestly they could buy the right from her if they really wanted to.

yeah someone explain to me how a generic Bloody Mary is a nightmare for Uni to deal with. Its not like BM is some multi-billion dollar entity.... I dont get what the problem is about.

yeah someone explain to me how a generic Bloody Mary is a nightmare for Uni to deal with. Its not like BM is some multi-billion dollar entity.... I dont get what the problem is about.

Bobby Wiener isn't giving up the rights. Plain and simple. She managed to screw the whole haunt community. I wouldn't pander to her either.

Universal cannot protect its design of the Bloody Mary character as presented at HHN because Ms. Wiener has copyrighted the use of the character and name, in terms of theme parks. Meaning, they have to pay her to use it. Unfortunately, you will not see Mary back ever in any real capacity.

When Wiener was asked about if Mary would be back at Universal at one point she replied: "Not unless they pay me."

came up back in 2010 as it was a "best of" year. It's just something you have to accept and come to terms with. Bloody Mary will not be back in the foreseeable future.

Frankly... I don't care. They have other great ideas. I'm more concerned about the lack of ANY new icons. But such is life.

In other news I have copyrighted the word "the" in use on forum boards so anytime you use it you must pay royalties to moi.

Also, if you want to pander to the soulless beast and buy said rights here is a link to a lovely article on it.

• Like 1

honestly they could buy the right from her if they really wanted to.

Well from what I was told is that universal didn't get the rights when they used her and got a lawsuit filed because of it which is why they won't go down that road again

But then again that is from a third party source so who knows if that's even true

The scrapped storyline from 20 was that Cindy went to the Halloween Tree and discovered a box with five totems in it (jack, caretaker, director, storyteller, and usher) After that the storyline was pretty much the same, only with Cindy instead of Fear. Orphanage would have been the Icon house.

It looks like media kits got sent out (OU's Twitter has RT's) and there will be an announcement Tuesday. Too bad we already know pretty much everything.

Random guess: Either the rest of the Icons (With House)....or Walking Dead. Thankfully seems to be leaning towards former with the popcorn boxes.

Or simply a splash screen, some music, or a Jack teaser. Guess we'll have to see. Although, I think something will be revealed today at Horror Extreme. clearly something is happening on the 19th.

• Like 3

Seems I missed a lot due to my ever increasing ability to have freak accidents.

Hopefully, we will get video of today's panel. I need to find many pics of the popcorn box, so I can see all the sayings. Can't wait til Tuesday!

And if the Morphans are showcased this year (Jack is in our legion!!), I will be one happy trickster.

That tunnel looks familiar.

Wasn't there an advertisement or something that Universal officially released that involved someone or something chasing some people down tunnels that looked like that?

I've been thinking about the familiarity of it, and I think Cassi used a similar tunnel in her clue for Run. Unfortunately, I didn't save her video and her FB page is gone now.

That tunnel looks familiar.

Wasn't there an advertisement or something that Universal officially released that involved someone or something chasing some people down tunnels that looked like that?

It looks like the tunnel used in the HHNXX ad pitch video

Panel was interesting.

Crowe, it's a damn shame he won't be used. He was meant as a tie between 2007 and 2008, when 08 wasn't BM. I think people took video thankfully, since I don't remember his entire story off the top of my head, but it was gruesome and sensical.

And Mike basically went at the end "May 19th, May 19th Announcement"

I remember it. But BTT videoed the whole thing.

OH! Mike actually said in the the Q&A today "if we take care of the uber fans the event will fall into place"

How did he keep a straight face when he said that?

• Like 1

I remember it. But BTT videoed the whole thing.

OH! Mike actually said in the the Q&A today "if we take care of the uber fans the event will fall into place"

How did he keep a straight face when he said that?

Good to here.

He should have said "We'll try to take care of the uber fans...MARKETING, however."

I actually heard someone right next to me right after the uber fan statement go "SCRAP WALKING DEAD!". I loled.

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic