HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

I'm just ready for the reveals to start. How much longer? D:

By the way, are any of you going to the Spooky Empire this weekend? They're going to be talking about all things HHN and the 25 years of history at the Q&A.

I'll be there covering the show for my site :)

Wouldnt it be crazy if that rumored list was total bullshit and nothing what HHN has planned??

Here's the deal though. There is no way that is true. Our info comes from (or came from for me anyway) inside sources who had to have the correct info to do their job. This isn't just one person but dozens. The same info (with only very minor differences) was handed out across the board to the sources. This is how it has pretty much always been.

Last I checked (and admittedly that has been a month as I no longer do that) nothing has changed. I have not heard about an upheaval (which I undoubtedly would even though I keep saying stop sending me info) so all these rumors about Alice not being 3D and run being nixed etc. etc... I really can't get on board with.

At this point it's best to wait anyway. There is some cool stuff coming. But obsessing over the list of houses and rumors of things getting nixed seems... superfluous. I know it's all out there and nothing is left to do but it would be nice to see some things happen organically.

Edit: Voice to text makes you sound like an idiot.

• Like 6

Here's the deal though. There is no way that is true. Our info comes from (or came from for me anyway) inside sources who had to have the correct info to do their job. This isn't just one person but dozens. The same info (with only very minor differences) was handed out across the board to the sources. This is how it has pretty much always been.

Last I checked (and admittedly that has been a month as I no longer do that) nothing has changed. I have not heard about an upheaval (which I undoubtedly would even though I keep saying stop sending me info) so all these rumors about Alice not being 3D and run being nixed etc. etc... I really can't get on board with.

At this point it's best to wait anyway. There is some cool stuff coming. But obsessing over the list of houses and rumors of things getting nixed seems... superfluous. I know it's all out there and nothing is left to do but it would be nice to see some things happen organically.

Edit: Voice to text makes you sound like an idiot.

Bingo! Thanks for clearing up what i was trying to articulate earlier. You see? We can get along bro. :)

Edited by ghostdude

I still think a few of the titles of the list we have may not match up completely with the final concepts we'll end up with. For example, last year's Thankskilling code name... Although there was a cannibal feast (which could somewhat be applied to the name), the house was really about the Wendigo causing the demise of the Roanoke Colony.

In other news...

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a zombie film? Here's the trailer for it...

Maggie

I still think a few of the titles of the list we have may not match up completely with the final concepts we'll end up with. For example, last year's Thankskilling code name... Although there was a cannibal feast (which could somewhat be applied to the name), the house was really about the Wendigo causing the demise of the Roanoke Colony.

In other news...

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a zombie film? Here's the trailer for it...

Maggie

The codename for Roanoke wasn't Thankskilling. It was Crows. I believe the Thankskilling thoughts came from miscommunications between sources. The fundamentals were there though. Native American involvement (mythological creature), colonial time period, cannibalism.

I would also disagree that the Wendigo caused the demise. I think the premise was for the house was more psychological then supernatural. There wasn't a wendigo, the colonists having heard the legend that anyone who feasts upon the flesh of humans becomes a wendigo had psychological breaks caused by starvation/death/participating in the taboo of eating human flesh.

When should we expect to see our first maze announcement? And rob zombie is coming out with his new movie "31" this Halloween I was really hoping we would have seen that coming to HHN this year

nope doubt it will ever happen sadly Edited by thewordwisper

When should we expect to see our first maze announcement? And rob zombie is coming out with his new movie "31" this Halloween I was really hoping we would have seen that coming to HHN this year

Early June, since that's when WD got announced last year, and Hollywood confirmed that they would start announcing in June.

I would also disagree that the Wendigo caused the demise. I think the premise was for the house was more psychological then supernatural. There wasn't a wendigo, the colonists having heard the legend that anyone who feasts upon the flesh of humans becomes a wendigo had psychological breaks caused by starvation/death/participating in the taboo of eating human flesh.

How do you figure there wasn't a Wendigo? The finale had a fully transformed Wendigo creature on stilts.

It looked like this...

http://i0.wp.com/www.HHNYearbook.com/wp-content/uploads/SKULLZ-5.jpg?resize=396%2C511

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

How do you figure there wasn't a Wendigo? The finale had a fully transformed Wendigo creature on stilts.

It looked like this...

http://i0.wp.com/www.HHNYearbook.com/wp-content/uploads/SKULLZ-5.jpg?resize=396%2C511

The impression I got, not only from the concept art but the actually scareactor, was the colonists turned themselves into the wendigo.

I suppose I probaly watched this as well.

http://youtu.be/UU4Kqlh3JVo

^They snap and say the Wendigo made them do it.

• Like 1

They were turned into the Wendigo because they were possessed by the spirit of the Wendigo.

Roanoke - Cannibal Colony - If there is a weak link this year, this is is. Themed around the historical Roanoke colony where all the people went missing, adding in the theory of madness, cannibalism and the spirit of the Wendigo to the mix, and it sounds like a great idea. The sets are interesting and nice as you venture into the smoky ruins of the colony While the sets themselves were great, the vegetation was just too sparse, and the Roanoke citizens seems more intent on munching than scaring. It was a good attempt, but this house just felt lifeless as a result. Quoted from here: http://www.screamscape.com/features/html/halloween_horror_nights_24.html

The above video doesn't address the surprise finale when the Wendigo actually makes an appearance (final stage of decay), which Mike actually addresses later in an interview. There was also a text version interview somewhere (I can't find it now) discussing the Wendigo.

If the colonists ended up all going crazy to the point where they were killing each other, eating each other's flesh, eating their own flesh, and then blaming it on the Wendigo, who's to say for certain they weren't possessed (for the sake of discussion)? The way the video comes across is a little confusing though because he says "they snap and say the Wendigo made them do it". I don't think he is referring to the characters from Roanoke, but people in general according to the lore (above video). Not everyone knows about the Wendigo so he's just explaining what it is.

I suppose when I saw creatures 10 feet tall at the end I was under the impression that the possession was completed and they were fully transformed. You believe the colonists constructed stilts to look more like a Wendigo? Did you see the final scene? Some said it was easy to miss because the stilt actors weren't always in position. If you did miss it, that was the best part.

Thankskilling was the name associated to the Crow code name on HHNRumors. I believe that is the same place that dumped the list this year (as far as I know).

Ok... I found the interview. It wasn't Mike, it was HHN Assistant Show Director Charles Gray (same guy as above).

http://orlandoinformer.com/topic/2106-house-roanoke-cannibal-colony/

Looking back to last year, I even posted a picture of what the final character might look like in August and sure enough, he made an appearance.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Not specifically related to this year but happening this weekend.

Unused Halloween Horror Nights Icon To Be Revealed This Weekend At Spooky Empire.

I'm sad on this one. I heard about this guy long ago. Have been waiting for him to come about. Being read means it is officially dead. Although will be awesome to hear the concept and details straight from the creator.

• Like 1

Ya just don't expect bloody mary to ever come back to HHN ever.

Nah she's coming back but not anytime soon.

my question is will cidney become our main icon for this year, they could make a storyline about how she freed jack and teamed up with the other new icons like lady luck and soon to be eddy to rain chaos on earth.

Edited by thewordwisper

Nah she's coming back but not anytime soon.

my question is will cidney become our main icon for this year, they could make a storyline about how she freed jack and teamed up with the other new icons like lady luck and soon to be eddy to rain chaos on earth.

I highly doubt we will see any real icon story arcs any time in the near future. Besides, Jack is the icon this year.

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic