HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

I think that we will have queue videos in some form next year. For those of you who didn't get a chance to attend last year's event during the last few weeks, there were queue videos being played on the side of the parade building. Hellgate, Vampyr, Blood N' Gutz, and the lantern where some of the things that could be seen in the videos. The most logical reasoning behind why they would added those videos at the end of the event is simply to combat the crowds and give people something to watch while waiting in long lines. However, why would they choose these houses, characters, and concepts? They could have easily displayed IPs from last year (TWD, Halloween, Etc.), but they choose their own original concepts. Maybe because it was easier and cheaper for them to throw together, but I think they choose these videos for a reason.

That's interesting, as last year was my first HHN, I saw those videos and was slightly confused, as I didn't know what or who those videos were about, I think I saw the lantern queue video. It definitely piqued my interest in HHN though, and I think it definitely would help the ones of us like me who weren't here for the history of HHN.

• Like 1

I would absolutely love queue videos for any throwback/sequel houses. HHN 21 was my first year so I got just a little taste of what an icon event is like (Lady Luck). If it wasn't for these forums/the internet I would have known nothing about Havoc prior to attending the 2013 event. I saw some of the queue video for that house but the sound was pretty low ( I was in the express line) so I am not sure if they explained the story behind the house/caught everyone up on the story so far.

If they don't do a queue video I think it would be cool to add an interactive or multimedia section of the official site showcasing some of the glorious past. Thoughts?

I would absolutely love queue videos for any throwback/sequel houses. HHN 21 was my first year so I got just a little taste of what an icon event is like (Lady Luck). If it wasn't for these forums/the internet I would have known nothing about Havoc prior to attending the 2013 event. I saw some of the queue video for that house but the sound was pretty low ( I was in the express line) so I am not sure if they explained the story behind the house/caught everyone up on the story so far.

If they don't do a queue video I think it would be cool to add an interactive or multimedia section of the official site showcasing some of the glorious past. Thoughts?

It would be cool to have more information on the website about original houses. Maybe something interactive and interesting that can grab guests eyes.

While it's nice getting clues and such pointing to RUN, I hope to hell this is a upcharge. Think about it, what we all want is something like the original with it's ever changing maze. However for it to work the line needs to be pulsed, and with crowds today and a operations focus on getting as many people through a house as possible per hour...what made the original RUN infamous goes compleately against that. If it's a upcharge, they'll be able to pulse the line and pull off what we're hoping for.

I wouldn't hold my breathe on any kind of up-charge or interactivity this year *cough cough* LT *cough cough*.

It was planned. A lot was planned. Funds went elsewhere.

Somethings are always in flux until opening day though so never really anyway to be 100%

It's truly a shame that "funds went elsewhere". What a shitty thing to do to an amazing event. I realize it's a business, and there is a budget (I am the CFO at my company, so I totally get it - more so than most). However, this isn't just any year. It's a HUGE deal - and if they are cutting the budget, they've played this wrong. They could've really amped up the hype on such a big anniversary and not put all their eggs in the goddam Walking Dead basket to bring in people. For such a big company, it sometimes astounds me the way they drop their drawers and crap all over what could be the real gold in this mine.

• Like 1

Well I didn't say the funds left HHN :)

But yeah well I mean you all see the lineup. How does it make you feel? I've heard from "super excited!" to "I don't care anymore".

It is still very early and no one but Universal knows exactly what will transpire but I'm hopeful.

Yes I've seen both incarnations on Run and I never was huge fan. Still could be awesome.

A best of house (a la Hallowed Past 2.0) I mean meh. Sure it's cool to see characters from the past but it always gets shortened to one room.

Blizzard sounds cool and I'm a huge fan of Alice.

AWIL blows my mind why they would bring it back, even with a different floor plan, this early. Still if they tweak it right could make it better.

I've expressed my views on TWD so I won't bother.

FvJ could be cool.

Scream - not a fan never really have been but it's a dude in a mask killing people... Same as Meyers, Jason, Leather face, etc.

Insidious - IDK I wasn't jazzed by the movie but I see potential. I think they can pull it off. Even where it is located.

Streets. I won't comment yet.

My thoughts:

TWD- This season doesn't translate to a house and I'm expecting it to suck.

FVJ- I'm excited for this one. Hopefully A&D does their own story like AVP.

Insidious- Meh, I'm indifferent. Everyone said Hollywood's house was great, so hopefully it's as good as their's.

Scream- As long as it's based on the movie and not the MTV show, I'm looking forward to it.

AWIL- I never got to experience it the first time around, so I'm glad it's returning. I can see how people are pissed it's returning, though.

Hallow'd Past 2- Providing they choose the right scenes, this will be great.

Run 3- This is the house I'm most interested in (not most excited by). Hostile Territory wasn't exactly acclaimed from what I gather and recreating the first would be impossible with today's crowds. I'm sure A&D has something up their sleeve.

Asylum in Wonderland- Big potential here. If there is a 3D house this year, this will be it.

Blizzard- The codename is intriguing, but we don't know much about it (or I missed something).

My order of excitement from most to least: HP2, FVJ, AWIL, Scream, Wonderland, Run, Blizzard, Insidious, TWD

Edited by Dead Inside

How many people arent a fan or the SCREAM franchise?

Im a huge Craven fan, I love the slasher genre but that whole series of films just didnt do it for me (I shouldnt say all of them bc I didnt bother with the last one). There was nothing scary or interesting about Ghostface. I always thought of it as a generic killer. I dont know. Im sure I'll enjoy the house if its in teh line up but Im not really stoked about it at all.

• Like 2

Have the Body Collectors been discussed for Blizzard yet? I just read the Doc's comments on the clue and they sounded as if they where implying something...

"There's so much I could say about this... but sometimes you just have to hush up or go crazy."

"Sometimes you gotta just smile or go crazy."

We all know how the Body Collectors love to smile and they were inspired by a episode of Buffy titled "Hush." Coincidence? :ninja:

• Like 2

Have the Body Collectors been discussed for Blizzard yet? I just read the Doc's comments on the clue and they sounded as if they where implying something...

"There's so much I could say about this... but sometimes you just have to hush up or go crazy."

"Sometimes you gotta just smile or go crazy."

We all know how the Body Collectors love to smile and they were inspired by a episode of Buffy titled "Hush." Coincidence? :ninja:

There's a clue in Cassi's clue that may confirm your suspiscions. It's in the music.

I'll tell you the one song I recognized. When Worlds Collide by Powerman 5000.

The other song was harder to find, but can be found.

I'll hush now.

There's a clue in Cassi's clue that may confirm your suspiscions. It's in the music.

I'll hush now.

That's crazy.

Page one... What looks like a random guess isn't that far off.

I'll hush now.

Well I went through it and didn't hear a whole lot but Shazam did tag a song/effects track called "Blizzard" by Imaginacoustics. LOL

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic