HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

From your mouth to the powers-that-be's ears! (Minus the tidbit at the end)

If it's happening, return it to its glory. I will then get to experience the closest thing to a King house twice.

Please explain. I'm not sure I know what this is all about..

Ya know, I thought that was 1 of Arnold's more enjoyable films. (The Running Man) Ahhh... Arnold, some of his 1 liners were priceless.

How about this line, "If it bleeds, we can kill it".

He could basically use that line as the header on his acting resume.

Dr. Who quotes... Please, I don't need any more salt in my wounds where I've been bitten by this damn werewolf.

So they might bring back Eddie's "Hostile Territory"?

I can see the Asylum in Wonderland house being in a soundstage. The sets for that house could be massive and would go great in a soundstage. Insidious and Scream would work great in tents

I wouldn't count on that. IPs will get first grabs on soundstages. Asylum would be in parade or a tent most likely.

• Like 2

Who said anything about Eddie?

I said it.

Just looking at the all the running being brought up and since he was in the house called Run from HHN 16, it would make sense.

He is a fan favorite, correct?

Maybe the return of the Terra Queen then?

Oh geez... I didn't know her assistant's name was Eel Mouth. Wasn't there mention of an eel in a recent Cassi clue? I thought she was talking about Eric the Eel.

Where was the Terra Guard Run performed back in HHN 15?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

So they might bring back Eddie's "Hostile Territory"?

How would Hostile Territory relate to King or The Running Man?

Eddie need not be present. And Hostile Territory is what removed the glory and King homage from the house.

01 Run description: Become a guest contestant in a diabolical new game where there are no questions, no prizes, and only one rule - try to escape without losing your mind.

• Like 1

I said it.

Just looking at the all the running being brought up and since he was in the house called Run from HHN 16, it would make sense.

He is a fan favorite, correct?

Maybe the return of the Terra Queen then?

Oh geez... I didn't know her assistant's name was Eel Mouth. Wasn't there mention of an eel in a recent Cassi clue? I thought she was talking about Eric the Eel.

Where was the Terra Guard Run performed back in HHN 15?

I was hoping that they would go back further than Hostile Territory (more like a prequel to Saw than a sequel to the original). IMO Eddie would have been great around the I.C.U. year. But the one year they brought him back and gave him his own house I was disappointed in the outcome. When one of your favorite and first HHN house you've ever been in is given a sequel that is going to take up the whole disaster queue instead of just half, doesn't turn out anything like the original game show style maze, I was pretty disappointed. So if it does come back around I was hoping they have a crowd control situation to make it more like the original instead of the conga line sequel. The houses (again IMO) have on average only gotten better over time. Sure you get duds here and there but they have knocked it out of the park a lot lately. So if anyone from Universal is reading this please if you do another RUN house realize why the original was so good. Not just the story but how the house was executed. I'm sure I'll love whatever house I get just don't call it that name if you don't do that in the house (I'll even take a brisk walk as long as there is no conga line).

So if anyone from Universal is reading this please if you do another RUN house realize why the original was so good. Not just the story but how the house was executed. I'm sure I'll love whatever house I get just don't call it that name if you don't do that in the house (I'll even take a brisk walk as long as there is no conga line).

^This

The original Run wasn't my first house, but it was the first house I ever experienced alone. I was separated from my husband (fiancé at that time) in the very first "room" of the house. I was sent off by myself through the whole house. The air horn, the chain link fence, the twists and turns created a sense of truly being in a maze. The moving "walls" that made the experience different every time.

It's a "cheap" house idea. All you need is chainlink fence and street clothes costuming. No really big props. Lighting was simple (it was brightly lit and I vaguely remember Christmas tree lights). 14 yrs makes my memories of the house less certain.

The point is: it wasn't the most elaborate or "pretty" house. What made it a great house was the pulsing. The air horn would blow every 5(?) minutes, and it signaled a new batch of "contestants" entering the game.

• Like 1

Ummm...

Looks like it could be an unfinished Leatherface mask, but since we're not supposed to get that, who knows?

Can't be Leatherface now... The picture is for an original.

Maybe something more along these lines... check this place out.

http://grimstitchfactory.com/

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I forgot about the air horn. I think the facade had the chrismas lights. We on Halloween that year and it was dead. I think I went through it about 4 times with hardly a wait. One time they split up our party and forced me to return to the beging with the mattresses. I was stuck in the first part of the house for at least five minutes since the next group came in. The actor was blocking the exit and telling everyone that wasn't the way to go. I could only imagine what they could do with it now if they can get the crowd control for it right.

• Like 2

The point is: it wasn't the most elaborate or "pretty" house. What made it a great house was the pulsing. The air horn would blow every 5(?) minutes, and it signaled a new batch of "contestants" entering the game.

Every 5 minutes??? lol

If they did that nowadays, the line would stretch 100 miles.

Maybe they could make this house into the upcharge house.

I was looking at video from HHN 11 and from what I saw there was nowhere even remotely close to the number of people present compared to the past few years. It's actually kinda funny.

Ahhh... Now I realize especially why it was dead. September 11th had more or less just happened. Supposedly they made modifications to the event due to this.

I was actually living down there when this event took place. I never made it there, but I was working delivering Arnold's bread to the stores around Disney. After Sept. 11th happened, it was like every tourist left town. We went from about 10-11k in sales a week to a little over 3k.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

First thing I think of when I hear prison is Hellgate. Maybe it's in the streets, or in the best of house?

Speaking of that house, should we expect basically Hollow'd Past 2, with scenes from past houses and the warehouse scenes, or is it a new form?

I wonder if they'll use queue videos this year, and not just for the last week or 2, which was such a weird idea. It wouldn't even be hard to do. For the best of house just use clips of old archive footage, all the IPs could feature clips of the movie and, if available, documentaries on how the movies were made, etc.

Edited by foREVer56

I wonder if they'll use queue videos this year, and not just for the last week or 2, which was such a weird idea. It wouldn't even be hard to do. For the best of house just use clips of old archive footage,

I think it's absolutely necessary for them to bring back the queue videos this year, especially for anything past-HHN related, or sequels. They need to introduce the past to the new crowds that have been going since 22, 23, or 24, and don't have a clue about the icons, or nightengales, or the gentlemen, or any of those amazing HHN creations that have been left alone for years.

• Like 2

I think it's absolutely necessary for them to bring back the queue videos this year, especially for anything past-HHN related, or sequels. They need to introduce the past to the new crowds that have been going since 22, 23, or 24, and don't have a clue about the icons, or nightengales, or the gentlemen, or any of those amazing HHN creations that have been left alone for years.

I think that we will have queue videos in some form next year. For those of you who didn't get a chance to attend last year's event during the last few weeks, there were queue videos being played on the side of the parade building. Hellgate, Vampyr, Blood N' Gutz, and the lantern where some of the things that could be seen in the videos. The most logical reasoning behind why they would added those videos at the end of the event is simply to combat the crowds and give people something to watch while waiting in long lines. However, why would they choose these houses, characters, and concepts? They could have easily displayed IPs from last year (TWD, Halloween, Etc.), but they choose their own original concepts. Maybe because it was easier and cheaper for them to throw together, but I think they choose these videos for a reason.

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic