HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

Your placing emphasis on wrong part of that phrase.

Hahaha...between this and the hint from Unknown ("Sonic"...it's an original, but been done before"), it sounds like we might be RUNning for our lives once again.

Also, Unknown says he/she will reveal the house for the Washington, DC clue tomorrow. "Get excited, because this one is going to be cool...although some will dislike it..."

This is thought to be The Walking Dead, so maybe tomorrow we find out what type of house it will be? Where do you go from Biggest House Ever? How do you sell it as something bigger & better than last year? Would they go 3D? Would that really be an upgrade? Combo (or dual run) of Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead? Walking Dead blackout house?

Hmm, budget cuts? Not enough gas for the saws? Not enough greasepaint for the clowns? :)

Edited by Dr Morgus

Your placing emphasis on wrong part of that phrase.

Yeah. I found out that the song White Rabbit wasn't what Murdy was looking for (unless he lied to me). I thought I was on to something, but clearly I was incorrect.

To be honest, I haven't had a chance to listen to that song's lyrics yet.

C'mon, no Chainsaw Drill Team? Are they even considered a real horde though? I don't remember anyone really using the actual term roaming horde until HHN 22.

Damn... I want to see the Traditionals again.

Vampires vs. Werewolves (Underworld style)

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Yeah. I found out that the song White Rabbit wasn't what Murdy was looking for (unless he lied to me). I thought I was on to something, but clearly I was incorrect.

To be honest, I haven't had a chance to listen to that song's lyrics yet.

RUN, rabbit, RUN!

• Like 1

Some speculation on house locations:

Soundstages: AWIL, FVJ, Blizzard, and another original

Tents: Insidious, Scream, and Jack

Parade: TWD or an original

Disaster: TWD or an original

Unknown posted a new clue saying "Shade under the tree links to the sideshow", so that means Jack's house will be in either Parade or Tent 1. I'm leaning towards the latter as it fits thematically. Insidious and Scream can easily do what Halloween did in a tent. It's safe to assume AWIL will return to SS22, and since NOES was in a soundstage FVJ would fit. That leaves two other originals for the soundstages. TWD doesn't have anything that justifies going in a soundstage again, so it's returning to Disaster or Parade with the other original taking the last spot.

• Like 1

Some speculation on house locations:

Soundstages: AWIL, FVJ, Blizzard, and another original

Tents: Insidious, Scream, and Jack

Parade: TWD or an original

Disaster: TWD or an original

Unknown posted a new clue saying "Shade under the tree links to the sideshow", so that means Jack's house will be in either Parade or Tent 1. I'm leaning towards the latter as it fits thematically. Insidious and Scream can easily do what Halloween did in a tent. It's safe to assume AWIL will return to SS22, and since NOES was in a soundstage FVJ would fit. That leaves two other originals for the soundstages. TWD doesn't have anything that justifies going in a soundstage again, so it's returning to Disaster or Parade with the other original taking the last spot.

What Jack house?

And that "Shade...tree...sideshow" comment has nothing to do with a location.

• Like 1

The only way a RUN, rabbit, RUN house can be done properly is if the line is pulsed. The conga line wouldn't work or it would be like going through the Minotaur scene in Hades. If we are getting something like the original house I hope they have some way to divert the line in different ways with moving fences or set pieces. Or maybe they will have the first section of the house branch out differnet in different paths (most likely not). The original is one of my favorite houses and the only house at Halloween Horror nights that was actually like a maze. If this house is like the second one then a conga line works fine but it will never be able to recreate the trapped and lost feeling of the original. The second one was a major dissapointment to me at least. I'm sure with the crowds a house like the origional one is not possible anymore.

I can see the Asylum in Wonderland house being in a soundstage. The sets for that house could be massive and would go great in a soundstage. Insidious and Scream would work great in tents

There's little precedent for that house being in a soundstage.

I feel like Insidious would be used to it's fullest potential in a SS. It just seems like a property that would demand it. Im sure it would work in a tent like in Hollywood, but it'd be like putting AWiL in a tent. It could work fine but the SS location makes it the best it could be.

Alice would work in the Parade building if it demanded big sets as it's basically a second SS. I mean look at everything from Forsaken-Roanoke.

I think it any house has a possibility of being 3D, it'd be Alice, which would then mean it's probably in tent 2 because that's where the 3D house always is. If that's the case, then I'd say TWD is in the Parade.

The only way a RUN, rabbit, RUN house can be done properly is if the line is pulsed. The conga line wouldn't work or it would be like going through the Minotaur scene in Hades. If we are getting something like the original house I hope they have some way to divert the line in different ways with moving fences or set pieces. Or maybe they will have the first section of the house branch out differnet in different paths (most likely not). The original is one of my favorite houses and the only house at Halloween Horror nights that was actually like a maze. If this house is like the second one then a conga line works fine but it will never be able to recreate the trapped and lost feeling of the original. The second one was a major dissapointment to me at least. I'm sure with the crowds a house like the origional one is not possible anymore.

From your mouth to the powers-that-be's ears! (Minus the tidbit at the end)

If it's happening, return it to its glory. I will then get to experience the closest thing to a King house twice.

*happy sigh* - Just popped on to the website to see if the pre-event speculation/clues have started and MAN does it feel good to see that it has.

I've been going to the even annually and for multiple nights since HHN 21. I missed out on the classic era for the most part it sounds like so I cannot speak much to the return of icons etc.

So some of my thoughts on what I am seeing on here so far:

AWIL - part of me is a little disappointed that they would repeat this house again so soon. HOWEVER...it was such an amazing house. I have a girlfriend who went to the even for the first time last year and I have discussed this house many times with her (one of the few horror movies she had seen when we started dating and that changed pretty quickly lol). I told her that it was too bad that she wouldn't get to experience it. I'm glad now that she may be able to. I am sure lots of you guys feel that way about so many of the past houses ( I know I do! )

FVJ - These are two of my favorite horror icons ever. I was a little disappointed with the film but all in all I didn't think it was too bad. I wouldn't mind them going the route of AVP from last year though and doing their own story.

TWD - I am probably more aligned with the group who is burned out with Walking Dead houses at this point. That being said I usually enjoy them (last years was pretty damn sweet at times) and I am sure that if the franchise returns to HHN I will still have fun in the house.

Reunion/Throwback house - Again, can't speak much to what was done back when the event had some of these classic icons. I do like the idea of celebrating the history of the event by doing a house that showcases some of the acheivements/characters from past icons.

Scream - Thist could be fun or very lackluster. The original film was great because it played with horror conventions and made fun of many of them. If the HHN folks can fine a way to capture that self-aware ribbing/ eye-winking I think this could be a fun house. I could also see it being fairly lackluster if it is just Ghostface popping out with a knife here and there.

Asylum in Wonderland House - This could be a beautifully twisted and vibrant house. I saw somewhere in the forums of the possibility of it being a 3D house. I've been both impressed and unimpressed with 3D houses of the past but I think this one could really work. The world of Alice in Wonderland is chock full of genuine weirdness that I think could translate well to a house.

Insidious - Have not seen the film. I have a buddy who harasses me constantly to watch it and I may have to break down finally. I don't have anything against the film per se, just didn't stand out from the trailer/description.

Blizzard - Seems like a lot of potential there. Typically I enjoy that they original houses have a theme/brief description teasing what the content will be without giving you the whole story in advance. I look forward to originals every year and this year is no exception.

Streets/Scarzones/Shows - Seems like this is where we are lacking the most "concrete" information. Bill and Ted always seems to be hit or miss. Last year was awesome! Rocky Horror was fun the last two years but I could easily do with a different show. I do think Rocky Horror should come back every so often because it is a lot of fun. Last year had me excited for scare zones again but ultimately was disappointing. Between roughly half of the park being utterly devoid of ANY kind of atmosphere and the Bayou of Blood being quickly gutted (see what I did there) of what made it cool...Look, I did enjoy a lot of the scare zones and what they had to offer and was greatful to have them but it just seemed a little lumped together. I know theme parks are under pressure to strike a balance with the public but I would have liked to have seen Universal stand their ground with teh Bayou controversy last year. They have disclaimers everywhere about the content of the event.

This year whatever they choose to do I would like to see them spread the love over more of the park grounds. Whether that is roaming hordes, scare zones, or some combination..I just want it to add to the atmosphere ALL OVER.

If they are using roaming hordes, one of them should be the Traditionals from HHN 22. I liked watching those characters walking around because it actually reminded me of Halloween.

This exactly. This was a simple concept that worked really well. No special effects, no show elements, and I have to imagine relatively low cost. Yet it WORKED. So well. I was a huge fan of the that group ultimately even though my first reaction was "That's it!?". They did undeniably add to that Halloween spirit that is often hard to put into words but easy to feel.

Sorry for the uber long post (I will be more succint in the future lol) but I wanted to weigh in on what has been discovered so far after taking a long leave from the boards. Good to be back!

• Like 1

Tell me what rooms/scenes from the insidious movies that need a soundstage to reach their full potential

The house could have to be in a sound stage, for the sake of size and fitting all of the rooms in there. You could tell they ran out of space to put the actual room the red door was in. Also, the demon's lair really needed to be in a sound stage.

If Orlando does it, it will be MUCH better. They'll have the space to be true to the movie.

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic